Wut?

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Jagger

Wut?

Post by Jagger »

Apparently, there have been some mechanical changes to shifter, that the team hasn't been so keen to discuss. Please, under no terms, explain.
:chicken: No matter how hard you push the envelope, it's still stationary :chicken:
Jagger

Re: Wut?

Post by Jagger »

Well. I preface this what with I know, and several people elsewhere have told me, Shifter, with X amount of druid, shifts instantaneously. I've seen it. It happens. Where or when was this going to be published? Outside of one PC, who knew this?
:chicken: No matter how hard you push the envelope, it's still stationary :chicken:
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

I am personally not aware of this and I don't know how this could be so. Can you send me any details about it? The cooldown should still apply to everyone and every source of shifting. If it's not, then there's probably a bug somewhere that needs to be fixed.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Amarice-Elaraliel

Post by Amarice-Elaraliel »

Druids get the same shifting cool down as shifters. So I don’t see how this would be possible.

Skinchangers don’t have the cooldown (as it is not a polymorph and mechanical change and jazz and appearance change that doesn’t cause the crashing issues).

So I will assume that if you saw someone „rapid change“ it was just skinchangers and not an actual wildshape or shifter shape polymorph.

Unless there is a bug we are unaware of between cross classing. But yea both druid and shifter have the same cool down for their actual shapeshifts.

I also do not really appreciate this tone that suggest we are up to some grave conspiracy here and you just found out about the aliens in our basement. Maybe just ask politely next time or do a „hey I think there is a bug here, maybe check this out“ before randomly tossing „wtf why do you keep this a secret you only told 1 person“
Frozen-ass

Post by Frozen-ass »

There have been no such changes made to shifter or druids, nor is it a existing known exploit/bug either.

I tried to reproduce it, and cant unfortunately, so please make a full bug report, so it can be looked into. I would however like to reaffirm to indeed not point fingers or attack other people please.

That said, talking with a few people and as the servers main shifter (and lead dev) please keep in mind the following, as i feel you might simply saw something and made a run with assumptions:

In regards to the CD of shifting (be it druid or shifter or mix) is that widgets dont count to the cooldown in terms of being activated
so you can go iron golen, unshift, and directly go into say ettercap (widget), but not into fire elemental (feat)
same for skinchangers/alter selfs.

This is not an bug, just that those shapes are either mechanically barely worthy more then very low lvl in combat, or just fluff. They are not prone to crashing the server, which is why the cooldown exists in the first place.

These Additional Forms from widgets can for the larger part be gotten ingame, and all are available trough rp and requests to any shifter/druid as per the class description page. Skinchangers/alterselfs can be gotten trough rp/request by a lot more even. Neither are related to class mixing or such.