The State of the Server Aug 2023

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
IKoI

The State of the Server Aug 2023

Post by IKoI »

What the actual fornication is going on? The guard has changed. Amarice, Ball's been in your court. Yet no address towards the concerned player base, or introduction to a vision of what Amia will be or can become under your rule. No concerns shown towards some past DM's Petty revenges since we went EE. So what, we going to do now? Shrug shoulders and keep the status que? Please tell me there is a plan and method to a madness.
Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch follower of Helm the Vigilant One
Milly can run the Mino Maze in under 12 Parsecs
Mahtan

Re: The State of the Server Aug 2023

Post by Mahtan »

Are you talking about the guards in Cetha?
Frozen-ass

Post by Frozen-ass »

Cetha had a change of leadership, something that happend in multiple events over some time. Most highlights are posted in the dm story topic of cetha.

Also been a fair amount of events in general to get the server moving.
Amarice-Elaraliel

Post by Amarice-Elaraliel »

Alright.... let me try and answer that one by one.
IKoI wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:24 pm What the actual fornication is going on?
Quite a lot, luckily.
IKoI wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:24 pm What the actual fornication is going on? The guard has changed.
Yes it has. There have been several plots going on in game over it over the last months. There have been Discord and forum announcements and a lot also has been additionally written down on the forum. This change has many reasons but they are for the benefit of the server and to allow more freedom to work in and with Cetha and to also not just make Cetha and Kohlingen just the same with a different name. This is an ongoing story and the outcome will also be influenced by the players, if the choose to involve themselves. In any case, afterwards it will be far easier to involve players in it, no matter which way it goes.

IKoI wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:24 pm Amarice, Ball's been in your court. Yet no address towards the concerned player base, or introduction to a vision of what Amia will be or can become under your rule.
I am not sure you understand my role here. There is nothing "in my court". I am not "ruling" anyone. The Server direction is still decided by the entire team. But the plot in Cetha is indeed a start to see where it is going so players can be more heavily and easier involved.

IKoI wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:24 pm No concerns shown towards some past DM's Petty revenges since we went EE.
I am not sure what you imply here. So I'd need some more context here. We also had a lot of Staff changes. I also can't really change the past. If there are current concerns against a current memeber of the team you can address it to me. Preferably with logs or screenshots. That is, my actual job. Not "one to rule them all".

IKoI wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:24 pm So what, we going to do now? Shrug shoulders and keep the status que? Please tell me there is a plan and method to a madness.
There actually has been going on a lot.

I have made a very excessive guide of quests we have. Which also serves the purpose of me figuring out where quests are missing and addressing that. Likely with Jes, as it currently looks like.

There is a plan for more player involvment in the city governings, which has already started a while ago with the new leadership rules and PCs actually now being actively able to rule settlements if they put in the effort.

There is a new housing system in the works, that I will not go into detail yet as that is for the one who made it to do.

There is a new portal system in the works, which again is not for me to fully disclose.

There are some new dungeons and dungeon tweaks in the works/planned.

There is an automated boss spawn planned in style of what Elyon did with rare monsters spawning somewhere and a job appearing in the guild. Though we need someone to script that still.

I have been pushing hard for quick replies on requests and it feels that has been pretty successful.

I have been pressing for more events, and I feel that also has been very successful, most having been small ones but by the common concensus that was what most people wanted anyways.

Both Jes and I have offered to be open to run personal plot and/or faction plots, which has been started to be used at least.

All in all much is in the works but we do lack people who can script or at least area design. So I will take that as an opportunity to remind people to apply if they can area design and/or script as we always need people to make these projects reality faster!
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

I believe he references the guard being changed as in the leadership of the dm / dev team. Ama being the most recent to take leadership of the team in question.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Amarice-Elaraliel

Post by Amarice-Elaraliel »

I believe I have addressed the questions as best as I can even with this question as the original intend.