Opustus dev log

For development logs.
Opustus

Opustus dev log

Post by Opustus »

I'll be doing stuff every Sunday, mostly focusing on bugfixes. I'll update this log weekly. The changes featured here will be featured in the Update Log under Announcements.

Sunday 07/24, will be pushed with the next big update
-Removed Divine champion stacking with Paladin/Cleric/BG for D.shield/might for +AC/dmg, this functionality was unintended.
-Made Purge infidel apply the damage bonus on character as damage increase, not on weapon as item property. This circumvents the exploit where shifting converts the damage to the shifted weapon permanently until unshift.

Sunday 07/31, pushed to live with next server reset
Warlock stuff
-dark foresight duration was incorrectly 1 round, fixed to scale with CL
-checked all other buff spell durations, they should be working properly!
-caustic mire was giving too much fire vuln, fixed to 10%
-caustic mire targeting fixed only to target enemies/neutrals
-caustic mire damage calculation fixed to 1d6 + cha mod up to 10
-tenacious plague wasn't capped for +10 cha mod damage, capped properly now
-Curse of despair and walk unseen seemed to have their effects flipped, so did a hak edit to fix, this should be live with the next hak update whenever that is.

Wednesday 3 August, 6 hours
  • Capped Frightful essence to 2 rounds fear. The forum description was wrong. Ingame description said it's 2 rounds of fear, and other similar effects are also 2 rounds of CC (despite actually saying they're 1 round). In code it was 10 rounds of fear, so I changed that to 2 rounds of fear so it's in line with the other CC essences, which seems like the intended effect by the creator.
  • Checked everything worked and updated and reorganised the forum description for Warlock.
  • Investigated implementation for the resistance feats Warlock's meant to gain at levels 10 and 20. It was decided by me and Mav that we'll implement it on the next big changes to Warlock to avoid needing more than one rebuilds.
Wednesday 4 August, 1 hour
  • Fixed Chilling Tentacles to slap d4 times per round and fixed the grapple roll to follow NWN grapple rules. Fixed faulty damage dice for Chilling Tentacles and Tenacious Plague I had missed before.
Sunday 14 August, 10 hours
  • TLK edits to armor base stat descriptions ingame.
  • Planning Warlock 2.0 and made a big ass post about it on the dev forum.
Monday 15 August, 2 hours
  • Blew up the server. Blamed the players.
  • Fixed the TLK edits to armors.
  • Fixed incorrect spell (word of changing) and essence (binding, bewitching, utterdark) descriptions for warlock via TLK.
  • Fixed Walk Unseen and Curse of Despair (warlock spells). Found out I was just being dumb (wwhhhhaaaaat?!).
Sunday 21 August, 4 hours
  • Tried to get the encounter script to only consider party members in the same area for double spawns. Multiple failures!
  • Testing: Tested and tried to figure out how the hell Chain Lightning is meant to work, though it baffled me.
Monday 22 August, 1 hour
  • Testing: Made pretty graphs about Path of Pain and made suggestions for balance.
Sunday 25 August, 4 hours
  • Hak edits to smallify aesthetic holdables.
  • Testing: Tested potential encounter script fixes with Sonic for 3 hours.
Thursday 29 August (in reality scattered over a few days), 8 hours
  • Wrote instructions for dev setup, workflow and resources
Sunday 4 September, 2 hours
  • Investigated NWNX parry tweak functionality