Looking for Dwarven Defender Build Advice, Please?

Have an idea for a character build? Need help with character builds? Build-related topics go here!
Metalien

Looking for Dwarven Defender Build Advice, Please?

Post by Metalien »

Hi Folks.

I'm looking to build a L/G Dwarven Defender but am notoriously shit at builds. I was hoping that someone out there could give me some advice, please? I want something that's going to be able to hold his own when running Frost Giants solo at least. I don't particularly mind what weapon he uses as long as he hits really hard, with dev crit and high AC. I was hoping to find something in the build collections thread as the step by step, level by level guide is really helpful, but sadly I couldn't find anything that would work for a Dwarf.

Many thanks for any help.
The1Kobra

Re: Looking for Dwarven Defender Build Advice, Please?

Post by The1Kobra »

Looking for a more offensive Dwarven Defender build? That can work, but I should mention DDs usually go for high HP/DR rather than high AC. Here's a more stock standard DD build. Probably not the strongest out there but it should get you by. If you really want high AC you can fit in expertise. It does hurt your already middling AB though. You can swap IMPR Knockdown with IMPR Expertise if you really want to though. Personally I think the saving throw feats would be better to get though.

Shield Dwarf
Starting Stats:
17/13/16/14/8/6
Classes: 10/18/2 Fighter/DD/Rogue
Pre-epic: 10/10 Fighter/DD

Pre-epic(7+6F): Luck of Heroes, Dodge, Toughness, Weapon Focus, Blind Fight, Weapon Specialization, Power Attack, Cleave, G-Cleave, IMPR Crit, Knockdown, Expertise, IMPR Knockdown
Epic(4+2DD): G-Str 1, G-Str 2, Armor Skin, EWF, OV Crit, DV Crit

End Stats:
26/13/18/14/8/6

It's probably not the strongest build out there but it should be enough to get you by within your specified parameters.
Metalien

Re: Looking for Dwarven Defender Build Advice, Please?

Post by Metalien »

The1Kobra wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:13 pm Looking for a more offensive Dwarven Defender build? That can work, but I should mention DDs usually go for high HP/DR rather than high AC. Here's a more stock standard DD build. Probably not the strongest out there but it should get you by. If you really want high AC you can fit in expertise. It does hurt your already middling AB though. You can swap IMPR Knockdown with IMPR Expertise if you really want to though. Personally I think the saving throw feats would be better to get though.

Shield Dwarf
Starting Stats:
17/13/16/14/8/6
Classes: 10/18/2 Fighter/DD/Rogue
Pre-epic: 10/10 Fighter/DD

Pre-epic(7+6F): Luck of Heroes, Dodge, Toughness, Weapon Focus, Blind Fight, Weapon Specialization, Power Attack, Cleave, G-Cleave, IMPR Crit, Knockdown, Expertise, IMPR Knockdown
Epic(4+2DD): G-Str 1, G-Str 2, Armor Skin, EWF, OV Crit, DV Crit

End Stats:
26/13/18/14/8/6

It's probably not the strongest build out there but it should be enough to get you by within your specified parameters.
Thank you mate. Seems fine to me, so I'll give it a whirl I think. Can't hurt to try. I appreciate your time taken to reply :)