Roll20

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
San

Roll20

Post by San »

Anyone here play in roll20? discuss? :crying-green:
San - He's just this guy, y'know
Tannith - Awkward
Tess - Direct and straight to my point
Yimmi

Re: Roll20

Post by Yimmi »

I've used it a few times with some friend but we moved to another online platform... that I cannot remember the name right now...
Overall quite good, enjoyed it!
-Hjalmarr Arneleif: Skol!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...
Beans
Location: The guy in the corner of the Prancing Pony not speaking to anyone.

Post by Beans »

I DM and play games for/with a few friends using R20. Just returned from a holiday with a few of those friends and we managed to start and wrap up a plot I'd thrown together a few weeks in advance in which the party were tricked into clearing a "dungeon" which turned out to be a holy sanctum and the adventure was essentially them redeeming themselves for the desecration of a shrine to Moradin and upsetting many bitter dwarves. It was a lot of fun to see how they dealt with the more "grey area" characters.
I also shamelessly cameo many characters from Amia in the plots I run just due to my own familiarity, but often mention at the end of the plot that these specific characters are not mine, and I like to credit the players because it has once or twice caused said friends to buy and log into Amia.
Don't go in that tall grass!

Active Main; Kruumir Drunkaxe; Clangeddin Silverbeards fury given flesh! :banghead:

Formerly;
Colter Wenemeiger; the self-absorbed wizard/merchant. ;)
Shade Illith'vir; Good for nothing tiefling. :twisted:
San

Post by San »

Yeah i am guilty too of throwing in people from Amia in my homebrews.
San - He's just this guy, y'know
Tannith - Awkward
Tess - Direct and straight to my point
Arterin

Post by Arterin »

Yeah I've been a dm on it before it was fun. I use it for solo stories sometimes every now and then. Good online tabletop. I liked all the tokens and maps you could easily load.
Arterin Heldeion
Galenson

Post by Galenson »

I've used it. Goes alright.

I'm quite famous for my crappy internet though, which is a problem when I'm hosting.
Plays:

- Lythikos - Red Wizard of Thay

Retired / Blue Moon Characters:

- Jack Galenson
- The Scholar
- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath - "The Twisting Witch"
Opustus

Post by Opustus »

I've used it. It's really good in some respects, like that you can download a whole preset campaign module there to play, but awful in others, mainly the infernal lagginess of it.
Arctic

Post by Arctic »

If you trust your players I've found owlbear rodeo to be easier to use. I've found roll20 to be a bit of a mess if you want to homebrew stuff, or use things the dm might not have available since I got all my stuff on dnd beyond. There's a plugin that fixes this though.

DM's never seem to figure out the dynamic light settings, which can be annoying.