Information: The Move from 1.69 Amia

Important news you need to know.
Jes
I like dragons.

Information: The Move from 1.69 Amia

Post by Jes »

Check this thread for information you need regarding our move to Enhanced Edition.

You must read through everything here to acknowledge what is necessary for the move, including moving characters over.

Note: All characters transferred from 1.69 MUST be fully rebuilt. See the information about rebuilds below.

Topics
Other Links
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Cromlech - Protector of Ostland and Wanted Criminal
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Jes
I like dragons.

Character Transfers

Post by Jes »

Character Transfers!

Character transfers need to be done manually. As such, we ask you to submit a form to have the characters you want transferred to EE Amia. If you just say "all my characters" on the form, then include at least one character name so we can verify we're looking at the right characters. It's more secure for everyone to just verify so that multiple requests from the same player don't come in immediately.

Note: All characters transferred from 1.69 MUST be fully rebuilt. See the information about rebuilds below.

We will be keeping an archive of all characters, so if you want to have a character saved later on that you didn't mention, or you change your mind about permanently shelving one, you can still submit a request for those characters. However, this will not be indefinite. Players who joined Amia EE before August 31st will not be able to request transfers after that date.

DO NOT post this form publicly on the forums. Send it directly to Jes here on this forum. The PM link is here if you already have an account. If not, set up an account, silly.

Also DO NOT PM this form on the old forums. Those forums are in archive mode.

Send ONE FORM for each Amia login that you have, but keep all separate forms in one PM. If you change your mind and send another PM, add the form to that PM, too, because I can only keep the most recent PM from you or my inbox will be impossible to manage. Make sure to use the same NWN:EE CD Key for each transfer, because characters are stored by CD Key instead now. Logins can still be changed, but unless you go in and change the CD Key manually, all characters will be available to you to log in on regardless of what you set your login to. Note: This also means that even if someone were to try to use your login, they won't be able to access your characters.

REMINDER: NEVER send your full CD Key to anyone. Only send the PUBLIC CD KEY as detailed below.

Character Transfer Form
  1. Your 1.69 Amia Login:
  2. Your NWN EE Multiplayer Login:
  3. Your NWN EE Public CD Key (see below):
  4. List ALL characters you want transferred, by name, as best as you can remember:

How to Find Public CD KeyYou can find your EE CD Key in cdkey.ini located in your 'Documents/Neverwinter Nights' folder where it has the game folders (like hak, override, modules, etc). You will need this to get your Public CD Key.

Public CD Keys are comprised of alternating characters in the CD Key, starting with the second and ending with the sixteenth, for a total of eight characters.

EE CD-Key: 12345 - 67890 - ABCDE - FGHIJ - KLMNO - PQRST - UVWXY
EE Public CD-Key: 24680BDF

Click Me for an easy conversion tool that will give you your Public CD Key without the fuss!

--------

You can also do this:

Run NWN EE > Multiplayer > New Game > Any module
Look in "Advanced Options" on the bottom right and make sure "Allow Local Characters" is not checked.
Make a new character and load into the server.
Exit and look in your Neverwinter Nights folder (this is in your Documents directory) for the "servervault" folder.
The name of the folder within your servervault folder (it'll look like 8 random numbers/letters) is your Public CD-Key.

NEW: You can now check any new character on EE Amia for their PCKey item (provided the character has gone through the rebuild process or is new and has used the statue to enter the game at least once). It looks like a little wand and has a name that looks like a bunch of seemingly random letters and numbers. The first 8 letters/numbers you see in the name of this item are your public CD Key.

Transfers will be done on Sundays.

Reminder: All characters transferred from 1.69 MUST be fully rebuilt. See the information about rebuilds below.

Post in this thread if you have any questions.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Banking System

Post by Jes »

Banking System!

Morgan and Sons bank storage will no longer function properly. Get your items out of storage BEFORE AUGUST 11TH.

There is a new banking system in EE that allows storage of up to 100 items.

Unfortunately if you don't get to this prior to the 1.69 server going down, we won't be able to restore your items in storage. If this changes, we'll let you know. For now, though, expect those items to be gone if you don't take them out.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Dream Coins

Post by Jes »

Dream Coins!

Dream Coins from the primary move have been transferred!

If you haven't submitted a character transfer request yet and don't intend to, send Jes a PM about transferring your DCs with the information outlined below. If you have sent a character transfer request, please do not submit this separately as we already have the information we need.

Dream Coin FormYour 1.69 Amia Login:
Your NWN EE Public CD Key (see below):

If you haven't already, see this post for information on how to get your public CD Key. Or just use this tool.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

New Job System

Post by Jes »

New Job System!

We have a brand new Job System for Enhanced Edition. There are some similarities between the new and the old, but remember that the systems are entirely different. Some mechanics and functions will no longer be in place.

All characters will be able to choose new jobs from scratch without needing to submit a request. After choosing the first time, you'll need to use the Job Changes forum for change requests.

You can see the handy spreadsheet here.

Note: All old job system items and PLCs should function. If you have something that doesn't work, let us know in the Job System Bugs thread.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Old Job System Merchant Storage

Post by Jes »

Old Job System Merchant Storage!

You are able to request a transfer of the resources you have stored in your 1.69 Job System Merchant chests. The instructions are listed here.

Note: Like Morgan and Sons, any transfers after August 11th will not be able to be completed.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Rebuilds from 1.69

Post by Jes »

Rebuilds from 1.69!

Initial Rebuild PolicyIn light of the move to EE bringing forth a number of mechanical changes, the team has decided that character transfer Rebuilds that fall into certain categories may be simply requested IG without a formal written request. You can just message the DM channel in-game or @DMs in the #help channel of Discord to ask for these. It may take a little while to get a DM for your rebuild, but it's okay to go ahead and play temporarily beforehand. Just don't use any of our database functions, such as our Vetzer storage locations or quests (they have green names over them).

The following types of rebuilds qualify:

• "Minor" Rebuilds: Wherein there are small changes to ability scores, levels in your current classes, and/or a couple of feats.
  • "Moderate" Rebuilds: Wherein an aspect of the build is drastically changed, such as gaining or losing a prestige class, or swapping out an entirely different weapon focus line of feats. Note: If you wish to take advantage of the new PRCs, your rebuild will fall under this category.
  • ECL/Subrace-change related Rebuilds: Ability score changes and class levels will be looked at more leniently with the new altered subraces and the ECL-Level adjustments being removed. Lack of Level Adjustment opens the doors to a number of build opportunities previously unavailable to certain subraces.

IMPORTANT: HAVE YOUR NEW VERSION OF THE CHARACTER READY TO GO BEFORE YOU GET THE DM'S HELP. This will considerably minimize the risk of errors and losing all your items in the event that your DM or the server crashes/disconnects.

The rebuild you decide to have will be approved on the spot by the DM overseeing it, at his or her best judgment. Drastic changes, such as characters switching from Wizard to Sorcerer, or going from a blackguard to a paladin, are extremely unlikely to be allowed. Just explain your reasoning to your overseeing DM and they'll help you out, either way. Alignment/deity changes will not be allowed in this process.

If you're unsure if your planned rebuild qualifies or not, simply ask an available DM and give them a run-down of what you plan on changing!

Note: I just realized we didn't expressly state this above, but every character will need a rebuild. You don't have to change much, if anything, but due to the new systems in place, you have to rebuild your character if you transferred it over. This is less urgent for humans (and only base humans), but the PC Key issue will eventually rear its ugly head. So just be prepared to also have to do those.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

More Rebuild Information

Post by Jes »

More on Rebuilds from 1.69

I noted it in the above post, but apparently there's still some confusion.

Every character that's coming from 1.69 Amia needs to be rebuilt, period. No exceptions. No ifs, ands, or buts.

This is why we have dedicated DMs on duty for rebuilds and why we expect it to take a few weeks. Three weeks is probably not even long enough and will be extended. That has been a consistent thing since we knew about all the class and race change implementations. We have entirely new rewritten systems for core functionality that require new versions of characters. It's as simple as that, so please understand that this is something everyone has to do, or your character will be broken and won't work properly with some of our new systems.

And no one wants that!

It would have been immeasurably easier to vault wipe, but the DMs have decided to put their time on the line so you can keep your characters. Please be understanding in this regard. It's not us being unreasonable. We just want to make sure you can play your characters without breaking.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Public CD Key Tool

Post by Jes »

The above threads regarding Public CD Keys have been updated with links to this tool for generating your Public CD Key. You're the only one who sees the result of what you put in the box, as this website does not cache anything put in there.

Rest assured, these forums are secure and your keys will not be stored in any way!
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Rebuilds for Everyone!

Post by Jes »

REMINDER

EVERY CHARACTER THAT YOU TRANSFER FROM 1.69 AMIA WILL NEED A REBUILD.

I know that it may be bothersome to try to catch DMs to do these rebuilds, but bear in mind that we've been doing them nonstop for weeks. We're not ignoring you! We're just swamped. You can still play the characters temporarily, so don't worry about being locked out due to this. We still try to get to rebuilds regularly.

Read the posts above this one for more information or ask in General Questions or the #help channel on Discord if you have any questions!
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Re: Information: The Move from 1.69 Amia

Post by Jes »

Send character transfers to me again! I will do them every Friday when I do LETO.

If you sent any to Raphel and he didn't get to the transfers, re-send your requests to me and I'll take care of it.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Re: Information: The Move from 1.69 Amia

Post by Jes »

Character transfers from 1.69 will be closing for current players on August 31st. That will mark a little more than a year since the switch. So if you have any you will miss later, send your forms in now. I will not be doing more transfers later for current players.

I am not very reliable right now and I can't keep doing transfers for the next three years, so I'm putting a cut off date. If a new person starts playing Amia AFTER this date and wants 1.69 characters, I may accept the form only one time. But I am still getting way too many of these and I'm putting a cut-off so people stop sending me repeats of just one character every two weeks.

My sanity requires it!
---