DM Praise Thread

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Blightstrider

DM Praise Thread

Post by Blightstrider »

With the great migration from the Amia Forums of the Old World still underway it seems this is one thread that has yet to make the journey, so one might as well fix that so we may let the DMs know how much we appreciate them (those same DMs who hold the lives and sanity of our characters in their hands like a fragile bird they can snap at any moment).

My first (quite overdue) shout out to is Xantham and Khylaria, who have taken oversight of the Underdark and as a result, have to put up with my and Underdork’s constant inane bullshit over at House Zau’tar. Since coming in a few months ago they have; run a consistent number of high quality events affecting L’Obsul and Nec’perya; fleshed out the IC running of L’Obsul; been willing to make module changes to those same areas; and have kept in touch with the player base and promoted player-run events. Looking forward (and slightly dreading) to what you guys have planned for the Underdark come EE.

And of course, a second shout-out to Jes – despite being to blame for everything and anything that has gone wrong, as we have been told – put in an extraordinary amount of work throughout the period of the Horde-Tarkuul events, giving a chance to allow characters of all measurements of the alignment scale to be involved. The events during the Second Horde was probably when I as a player, felt the most involved in the server-wide narrative, and it's something I very much appreciate. Assuming you don’t work yourself to death by then, hoping to see more of you in EE!
Madam_Jingles

Re: DM Praise Thread

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Shout out to TheRogue for his plot with ~DARK DADDY~, it's really fun and I've been enjoying every little step involving him!!

And TY to Raf, Raua, Rogue, for the fun involving Wharftown being blown up! It was sad, but the event was fun!
Unlike cheap lasagna, Amia is 100% horse free! Nevermind.
Underdork

Post by Underdork »

Xantham and Khylaria for all the L'Obsul/ Underdark stuff.

And another shout out to A Majestic Dwarf for kicking things off.
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

TY to Jes, Mav, Google, Sythea, Zoltan, and anyone else involved with the EE transfer!!
All that work can't be fun, but we all appreciate you guys fixing/testing/creating this us for us! <3
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

Shout out to anyone except Zoltan. No particular reason, just wanna denounce Zoltan.

On a more serious note, think I never thanked Raua for taking over Riptide DMing and making Captain Blue Lute my absolute favorite NPC ever. Also for constantly doing terrible things to Peggy. And fucking us over. And complicating th- Yknow what, nevermind the thank you, why do you hurt us, Mommy?! >:(
This one's to the mighty sea, mischief, gold and piracy!~
MisterLich

Post by MisterLich »

shoutout to Elyon who put up with me fucking up my rebuild like 7 times and pestering her to help me off and on for like a half hour today
poop
Dunecat

Post by Dunecat »

To particular DMs Jes, Elyon and Maverick, and whole team - thank you.
Midian

Post by Midian »

I'd like to give a shout out to all the DMs and Admins. I've been having a lot of fun on Amia. It's a refreshing change to the other PW's that are pretty populated. Thanks for all the hard work!
Alcomancer

Post by Alcomancer »

Jes and Mahtan! You know why.

Honorable mentions to Raf and Raua.

Also Amarice for putting up with us adventurers at the djinn merchant.
Gerald Edmund
InsertCoin2Continue

Post by InsertCoin2Continue »

I'd like to thank every DM that I've had the pleasure of interacting with somehow, be it silly questions outside of the game, in-game, or events, assistance or anything else. You've all been amazingly approachable, level-headed and fun to interact with in general.

In the short amount of time I've spent here on Amia, you lot have made things that much more enjoyable for me, and no doubt everyone else that have been involved in events alongside myself as well.

And thank you to everyone else I haven't had a chance to meet just yet, and thanks to those that work in the background to steadily improve the server!

You guys rock. Keep up the good work. <3
Azure Priestess

Post by Azure Priestess »

I've played in, and eventually noped the fuck out of, several roleplay persistent-world servers on both Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition and Neverwinter Nights 2. In each case, there were pros and cons, and good memories were made with cool people in spite of the latter. Ultimately all these other places were fled because the Admin/DM team was corrupt, blatantly played favorites, stifled creativity at every turn, some combination of the above, or other sins I can't recall at the moment. I will not name any names of servers or people for obvious reasons; this is about praising those here and not bashing those from other places. But, context.

Now, it's been less than a month, I think? On this server, so it's possibly too early to say for sure for sure, but I already have a quite good feeling about this destination on our role-play journey and wished to highlight the reasons why. The staff have been incredibly friendly, patient, helpful, and encouraging of role-play ideas and pretty permissive of myself and others' ideas as long as they're well thought-out. In my opinion, a GM's (using the universal term for "Game Master" that applies cross-systems/settings) job is generally to figure out how to allow crazy ideas that don't blatantly contradict established lore, and encourage and reward out-of-the-box thinking. This is exactly what I have seen from Amia's team so far, and I'd like to thank you all for creating an enjoyable experience for someone who's endured several quite poor ones chasing that elusive rewarding role-play niche. Y'all are great, keep being awesome.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Praise Elyon and the death of us all. :)
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Call out to Zoltan and Jes for one of the most intense evening's I've had on Amia. Mystery! Tragedy! Slaughter! Confusion! .. It had it all.
10/10 would join Cystana meeting again.
Login: OldManArchon
Playing: Aernoud, Kohlingen Exile
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

I said this to Zoltan privately, and I'm gonna repeat it here. That Cystana event was - *CHEF'S KISS* magnificent! I saw Jes in the sky at one point, too, and you both did amazing!

One thing I wanna point that I particularly loved about the event was the mobs. They were not SUPER OP OMG I CAN'T KILL ANYTHING I KEEP DYING IN TWO HITS mobs. They were fairly normal mobs that you'd find while hunting normally without a DM, there was just so many of them that it made it particularly difficult but not impossible, and provided that RP of facing a basically an army.... plus just the whole thing that happened in the meeting room was so unexpected and it had that mystery and 'wtf just happened' factor, I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!!
Vykorsa

Post by Vykorsa »

I want to that Elyon for running a fun plot. I enjoyed the atmosphere which we created. Thank you for taking the time to creating fun for a bunch of us.
Nakomis Wolfen

Post by Nakomis Wolfen »

Shout out to Elyon for her marathon attention today! Large groups can be challenging but it was handled super well!
Darby Mirth-troubled half-elf with an interest in the sea.
Kaci- short...moody... faithful of Lord Firemane.
Nakomis- protector of frozen lands and her pack.
Mari'Angela- purple orphan gang member.
Analog Kid

Post by Analog Kid »

Thanks to Maht for the fun with some ritual magic. Love the RP to add to our toons. :)
I Am:
Derrin: 'Nothing to see here'
Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Discord: Analog Kid #5922
Karrados

Post by Karrados »

What Nakomis said. Elyon did really great and it was a fun evening!
Cratz

Post by Cratz »

It's a damn shame I missed half of it, but I agree! Elyon's done a phenomenal job with the Wiltun folks.
People who want to find me know where to find me.
PrinceofallThayans

Post by PrinceofallThayans »

I'd like to take a moment to say GREAT job to Zoltan for his plot he's running with Saethe and the boys, it's super intriguing and interesting and I can't wait to see where it leads!
ExperimentAlpha

Post by ExperimentAlpha »

I rather enjoyed the Skull Peaks event today. Thanks a bundle!
In'ei

Post by In'ei »

Lots of thanks to Mahtan and Jes with both helping with transferring from old NWN and answering crazy amount of questions regarding it. :)
waswar

Post by waswar »

Big praise to Xantham for Orc raid fun, among other things!
Underdork

Post by Underdork »

Xantham and Khylaria for the drider nest. Having to go through a zone of danger without a moment for rest was quite nice and tense where it really paid off to be prepared.
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector
slknihilus

Post by slknihilus »

Also want to give a shoutout to Xantham and Khylaria - but for all the past events they've held as well as, more importantly, for their showing the Underdark scene some love. Greatly appreciated!
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

That's all I have to say after last night.
Cratz

Post by Cratz »

Fuckin' Elyon dude.

Props. Props. A thousand props.
People who want to find me know where to find me.
Karrados

Post by Karrados »

I don't think this can be said often enough but Damn.

Elyon, you handled that event like a goddamn Champ and made it a truly epic final fight for Caraigh.
Nakomis Wolfen

Post by Nakomis Wolfen »

The music, the ambient sounds, the horror, the fear... it was all great! Thanks to Elyon for making what should be a memorable undertaking just that! (Also leaving everyone a little more traumatized for having been through it, as all good adventures do!)
Darby Mirth-troubled half-elf with an interest in the sea.
Kaci- short...moody... faithful of Lord Firemane.
Nakomis- protector of frozen lands and her pack.
Mari'Angela- purple orphan gang member.
waswar

Post by waswar »

Big praise to mista Xantham!
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

waswar wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:35 pm Big praise to mista Xantham!
:like: Yes thank you so much for everything!
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

HUGE FREAKING APPLAUSE FOR ELYON. That Caraigh event was so good, and it really portrayed that 'next level being worst than the last' soooo well. Given there were so many, that couldn't have been easy to pull off and come up with the ideas, but it was fan-freaking-tastic, and you were so consistent the whole time which I imagine wasn't easy given how long the event was and how many of us were there.

To Zoltan, the Cystana events have been really great, I look forward to what may happen each week we have the meeting. This last week was particularly awesome, given the strange plane we were in, finding Zelly, and all that great stuff!
The thing I love most about Zoltan's events is the air of mystery and intrigue, not always fully understanding what's going on most of the time. Plus I think you have the best handle on mobs, by making them challenging, but not neccesarily impossible, using numbers rather than overwhelming strength in the creatures you spawn.

Jes and Xantham, that was a doozy. Usually in events, the party 'splitting' is always a huge no-no because of the strain it puts on the DMs running them and keeping up with two groups at once. You two went divide-and-conquer all the way and it was probably the most successful split-event I've ever seen done! I was moreso with Jes' group, so to the scene in the Abyss specifically, I'm really impressed with how Windy and the Hand were written to each other, invoking sympathy towards Windreaper and what she went through, despite her race and the natural pull to dislike such a creature from the 'good' side. Really well done. Plus Luckii got a hug from Tymora, so naturally, I'm giddy. >.>

And to Rogue, thank you for the random little notes involving Dark Daddy (+10k HP), they've been really fun to play out whenever Luckii ends up failing and I get to explore that side of her more, not one I'm used to really considering and playing with. It's been fun to have her react and try to figure out what's going on in her own head due to him, and I greatly appreciate the opportunity! I'm hoping to see more with that plot, since it's been one of my favourites since the beginning!
Budly

Post by Budly »

Thanks to Zoltan for helping out with said Drow Bands quest from the RP praise thread!
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
PassionateShadow

Post by PassionateShadow »

Shout out to Khy and Xantham for helping make things pretty! <3 You guys made thinsg nice for us and it was very much appreciated!
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

speedgrab

Post by speedgrab »

The UD festival fights were fun, with an awesome sort of ruleset. Was a great breath of fresh air, sad I couldn't see it to the end, but thank you Xantham for running it!
+ Dill the Goblin + speedgrab#9638
slknihilus

Post by slknihilus »

Big kudos to Xantham for running the UD festival today, I bet it wasn't easy managing all those spinning plates, while flying solo!
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

Shout out to xantham for Peggy's request event. Good depth, solid story, all round fun event.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
AnubianAllure

Post by AnubianAllure »

In the throes of insomnia, I guess I'll do this now instead of after work in the morning;

Big shout out to Xan and Karr for running a little event for two friends and I who just wanted to hunt goblins to level our lowbies and it turned into so much more! I felt like I was playing in a tabletop session! It certain made my night a whole lot better. Karr did an excellent job in a 'trial by fire' situation. ;p
"Disparage no foe and respect all, for valor blazes in all regardless of age, sex, or race." - Tempus' Dogma
Hrafingar

Post by Hrafingar »

Shout to Amarice for hosting Djinn for Euro hours on such a short notice. Am so happy to finally make it and get the things I want.
walnutboy

Post by walnutboy »

Thanks to DMs Shar and Boots for helping to sort Ly'nes out last night after I'd lost the will to live! On the brightside she is now fixed and Boots had some new on the job training!! heh
If it's raining, look for Rainbows.
If it's dark, look for stars!
Old-Parrot

Post by Old-Parrot »

Shout out to Rogue for the UD on the spur Encounters. Last night/ This morning.
Yath'Tallar Jhael'Vyrae d'My'afin d'Vilrath, Drow Preistess. "My Dread Valsharess is always hungry. Always"

Kalithia Le Brune. "I was not there when needed most"

Ratselhaft
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

DM Cyric as Kellinanah at Cystana.

You made me cry! Right after the tell.

Thank you so much for your assistance with my characters story!

Shoutout to Jes as well for helping to make this happen.
VashO_o

Post by VashO_o »

Raf man appreciate the time your taking to assist in our ongoing endeavors.
:banghead: = :confuse:
Arctic

Post by Arctic »

Thanks to Amarice for the event last night, it was fun!
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

TY to Elyon for all the fun seasonal winter events!!
I love the puzzles, they are really fun and not something done often and even just watching how they get solved is really enjoyable!

TY to Jes/Mav/Raua for all the work they've been doing in regards to areas/haks/toolsets!
Zoltan for the Cystana events, Amarice for the Winyan events, Raua for bringing back Isveld, a lot of good and fun things have been going on and I'm all to happy to see it ^_^ Excited for the future!
Kamina

Post by Kamina »

DMs have been dealing with some genuine shit the last few weeks, just giving my usual props to how they've been dealing with recent events.
EPSILON V3 | Skumlord | Alphonse Ondenfare
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Kamina wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:48 pm DMs have been dealing with some genuine shit the last few weeks, just giving my usual props to how they've been dealing with recent events.
2nd'd.
VashO_o

Post by VashO_o »

To the DM's who tried to aide me with my little Alter Self problem, and Elyon who was able to do it. (she did it quick boys! she can learns ya both!)

To Charles - Dude what you did with that little job of ours put a whole unexpected twist on it, I appreciate the time your taking to be involved with our antics. God we are terrible at this but thats partly what makes it so fun!
:banghead: = :confuse:
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

Gotta give some props to Ole chuck!!! Seeing how much your online helping, and the few little interactions I've had with you when I've come upon westy shinnanigans. Props homie!
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Charles is da real MVP of the Request Forum/DMIG game. Always on top of the posts and the set times to help folks IG is really awesome of you, thanks for all that hard work! I know it must be time consuming or even stressful at times, and I really appreciate it!

Albacksen wins 'Random NPC interaction' award, from Nicholas/Ku'ul, to the random commoners arguing and then making up in the Flagon ('destructo-nookie' STILL makes me cackle like a grackle), and all in between, I absolutely love the 'Slice of Life' RP you give when you do this. It definitely makes Amia more colourful when we get to interact with basic non-event NPCs.

Raua/Mav; I ADORE the new lich dungeon. I really like how fine-tuned it is to need to be done in a specific way, from grabbing a key on the opposite side of the map, to using rope to Tarzan-swing your way around, to the chamber of the lich itself where things have to be done in a certain order just to survive. It's challenging and engaging, not something I can sit there and have my eyes glaze over while my pixel-person just swings at stuff. The teleporting-action of the lch in particular really keeps me in the moment, and the zone itself looks AMAZING, really setting up that creep factor. Very well done!