It's just rats... *you died*

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Erevan

It's just rats... *you died*

Post by Erevan »

Hi everyone

Been playing NwN on and off ever since, decided to start over on some unknown server.. long story short: I created a new character on Amia - totally motivated. Did a quest to get a recall stone and booya: 100% success!

Now, next quest so far was from some guy in the recommended starting area (who also pointed me towards the recall stone NPC), who directed me to the sewers in the southern part of town. Yeah, it's just rats, right? RIGHT! They just deleted me :D
Went back to buy some chain armor, large shield, you know... close to 20 RK, so low AB mobs have to roll close to 20 to actually land a hit. Didn't change a thing. Spent my money on recommended alchemists fire to extinguish the plague... fail.

I gave up on those and went on, but the very next quests I found were Goblins and Orcs. So.. that was it. Couldn't progress any further, which was a bit of a bummer, but maybe I just did overlook something?

Maybe some 5/- damage reduction belt? I don't know, but it felt humiliating, being wrapped in the finest chainmail, but still getting handed my behind to me by rats.

I'm a cleric / monk class combination, but not even my summoned DIRE RAT (yes, I got the big badies on MY side) could compete with the sewer rats.

Pls let me know what I'm doing wrong.. why do they hit for 4+ dmg at an AB modifier of +4 (+6 flanking?).
Suffering Hunter

Re: It's just rats... *you died*

Post by Suffering Hunter »

Ghostly visage potions for the most part are your solution. They do low dmg, and you basically laugh at them doing 0 total dmg.
Known by many characters such as,

Lothain - I swear it was just a kiss!
Erevan

Post by Erevan »

Thank you for the hint... I should have guessed
TheSojourner

Post by TheSojourner »

The uber-rats are something of a meme now. I think they are looking at them atm xD
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

There's lots of folk around who will also enchant you if you ask IC for some magic to help! But yes, uber-rats. XD Definitely wouldn't recommend soloing!
Unlike cheap lasagna, Amia is 100% horse free! Nevermind.