Positive Opinion of the Players Characters Before You 2.0

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Galenson

Re: Positive Opinion of the Players Characters Before You 2.0

Post by Galenson »

Barrililath...

Several noteworthy pros:

* It's not the hardest Drow name to spell that I've seen.

* Has demonstrated a significant level of character development and growth in the last 12 months. Where at first she was an ill-tempered piece of work that fit in a round hole as easily as a square peg, she's now much more level-headed and cunning then before and only prone to occasional outbursts. This makes her significantly more interesting and pleasant to be around.

* Budly doesn't hide the fact that she is a monster, both as a Drow and as a shadow dragon disciple. This is to be respected.

* Her literal, to the point nature (pretty much a female, Drow version of her player) creates a significant contrast to Jhaeliria who is far from either of those two descriptions. Although this can at times be frustrating, it can also play upon each other's strengths in the right RP setting.

Continue the character development Budly.
Plays:

- Lythikos - Red Wizard of Thay

Retired / Blue Moon Characters:

- Jack Galenson
- The Scholar
- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath - "The Twisting Witch"
speedgrab

Post by speedgrab »

Galenson has a flair for descriptive text, or wording. Jhae, the character of his I've roleplayed with his most recently and has a lot of interesting tricks up her sleeve and a often unique perspective. She always seems to grab attention where she goes, and fits the title she earned well.
+ Dill the Goblin + speedgrab#9638
TheSojourner

Post by TheSojourner »

I have this impression of Yatari -
That she's a cinnamon roll, just wants to do her best, typical tormented healer that *will* beat herself over for the smallest thing she couldn't do.
Proper scholar that cares about the world and every little bunny hopping and squirrel, practically a disney princess.
But I also have this sliiiiiiight sensation that she's *this* close to one day just snap, become an aggressive drunkard, chain smoker, wrestle with dogs for a chunk of free meat, and she'd still be the best one at her job, so we'd just accept it.

In other words. Dill is Yatari in the future, she just came back and doesn't even care about being a time paradox anymore. The quaruts are actually afraid to tell her.
speedgrab

Post by speedgrab »

Ais is a oddball from ages gone by. His mischievous side is renown, and easy to spot with just how the the little dragon thing conducts itself, he has a presence in a room! He is definitely someone you should trust with your gold purse and room key when you go adventuring. In fact, if you have any small children or pets, he will keep them entertained for free!

In seriousness (Which you will find around Ais if you are special), It's a delight to see the chaotic being who is here to have a good time. Maybe not a long time, but a good one.
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Yatari is one of the few tieflings that reacts to aasimars that i know of. It adds a good depth, and I really like the strange friendship this causes with Luckii, who has issues with tieflings if not in armour! It creates a really fun dynamic and I enjoy it.
Unlike cheap lasagna, Amia is 100% horse free! Nevermind.
Raua

Post by Raua »

I have so much fun with Matthias trolling Luckii, because he’s her favorite pigeon. The amount of patience she must have to not kick his knees in says a lot. Although seeing her hide under a table was priceless x3
Seen as [DEV] Raua or...

IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Wish I had more interaction with there Toon's, hopefully will get a chance in the future. And is one of the coolest people I have had the pleasure of speaking OOC to. Raua Rocks!
Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch follower of Helm the Vigilant One
Milly can run the Mino Maze in under 12 Parsecs
Budly

Post by Budly »

IKoI wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:34 pm Wish I had more interaction with there Toon's, hopefully will get a chance in the future. And is one of the coolest people I have had the pleasure of speaking OOC to. Raua Rocks!
Milley in Bendir Dale with her fancy shop is just something that gotten standard to me. It looks sharp! And that companion is nice. She was THE trader before the EE brought in the Wave house traders! The forerunner?
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Budly's Toon's. Antagonists. Pot stirrers. Something a Role play word needs.
Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch follower of Helm the Vigilant One
Milly can run the Mino Maze in under 12 Parsecs
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Milly really was THE trader! The only person back then who went through I-don't-even-wanna-think-how-many hours to gain all that loot, and it was really impressive. She also has a really cool shop set up and I like how she interacts with Haven, and Milly very much sticks to her own character which is very respectable!
serbiris

Post by serbiris »

Luckii is always trying to do the right thing, but she approaches that in a refreshingly open-minded way. She frequently doubts and second-guesses herself in pursuit of this, which I think is a humanising touch. In making mistakes but acknowledging them, it shows a strength of character that I really like to see.
Budly

Post by Budly »

I know I spam this thread but!

Velden is a peculiar character, long history, mysterious! Him and Sylveera had a rocky relation, it was almost functional once but now its mostly a "We can be in the same room but we don't talk" kind of relation. Two strong wills in one room. IC and OOC it is hard to understand Velden fully but to me that just often proves a character is many layered.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Speaking of layered, all of Budly's characters has layers. There is the part on the surface everyone sees, but when you get to know those characters, there's a lot of depth there and a loooot of small details not everyone thinks to ask of or even put into their own toons, which I got to see as Pearl with Sylveera back in the day.
Though Budly's main toons and my own don't REALLY get along, I do enjoy seeing the growth Barri has been taking lately, from being just straight up aggressive to starting to evolve into someone more diplomatic and geniunely wanting to help, it's really fun to watch that journey!
Suffering Hunter

Post by Suffering Hunter »

Have you ever wanted to be yelled at by someone half your size? Look no further then Luckii's (un)lucky wares. She'll berate you, flirt with you, crush your kneecaps and more. Get more info in the next Amia magazine! <3
Known by many characters such as,

Lothain - I swear it was just a kiss!
Fill_More_Graves

Post by Fill_More_Graves »

Lothain is a good sport for taking all the verbal jabs hurled at him from the peanut gallery in the Wave and Serpent.
AnubianAllure

Post by AnubianAllure »

I don't get many interactions with Killian personally (given the nature of Isaac and his relation), but he's always been the kind of watchful wallflower sort that I admire. Cliche spy types are one thing, sure, but just being present and hearing everything and everyone. That's the kind of stuff I like.
"Disparage no foe and respect all, for valor blazes in all regardless of age, sex, or race." - Tempus' Dogma
CleverFox

Post by CleverFox »

Isaac is very dedicated and loyal, not to mention is quite good at offering sound advice at the right time.
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

I've alwaysiked Crevan. He doesn't say much, but when he does he's usually right.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Cratz

Post by Cratz »

Anyone who types as many apostrophes as Tempest does when writing has to be cool, right?

..Right?
People who want to find me know where to find me.
ninjamonkey2000

Post by ninjamonkey2000 »

I first RPd with Cratz with their character Calia, still one of my favorites of theirs and currently still one of Elrith's best friends and would definitely bury a body for the Halfling, Calia is awesome and has a lot of depth to them despite being one of Cratz least played, and love the fact that neither of them have to say anything to communicate.
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Riley is always so sweet to everybody, she started out really REALLY shy but now she's kinda like everybody's favourite Aunt, always making cake and stuff. When Nate doesn't have her chained to the kitchen. ;D She's been really awesome to play with, and totally needs her own bakery >.>
Fill_More_Graves

Post by Fill_More_Graves »

Luckii says the things most are thinking and the good luck charm of the group...except when healing a kracken...I couldn't resist.
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

(IT WAS AN ACCIDENT)

Killian is a really interesting character that I'm glad Luckii has become friends with! He has a very rich history and I know I've only hit the top of the 'onion' in regards to the layers, but always a fun time getting to know more about him and the things he's been through on Amia in the ye olde years!
TheMadMage

Post by TheMadMage »

Luckii is such a great character for keeping RP lively! I like her interactions with Ashar both in the Wave, and in DM events where they are forced to tolerate each other.
Raua

Post by Raua »

Necrodaddy.

Nuff said.

Been fun lurking and watching him just calmly stare down people shitting on him without a care in the world.
Seen as [DEV] Raua or...

Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

ahhhhh sythea.....tempests little shadow love envy.
Tempest admires her artistic talent with shadow stuff, and her quiet demeanor. I used to be upset that you shelved selim, but now I love sythea the most out of all of your toons I have encountered.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

Tempest is such a staple for Peggy and also one of my favourite characters on Amia period, I love how he has the typical up-to-no-good behaviour on the surface but goes so much deeper, be in his own business or with his loyalty to those close to him and especially Peggy and the Crew.

Always makes me sad that we have so precious little time to actually play together.
This one's to the mighty sea, mischief, gold and piracy!~
Cratz

Post by Cratz »

Peggy is quite possibly the most morally dubious yet trusted pirate on Amia. And one that's well-respected at that (well, by most people).
People who want to find me know where to find me.
Budly

Post by Budly »

Alenia always been around, on Sylv I played some of her but never much but she is very unique to me. Hard to read, hard to understand but she is a strong personality. Sylveera never got to see the bow ;(
Active :
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Sylveera has a lot of layers, buried deep in there somewhere. I've seen it with Sui and Illunamaeryx both, that hidden side that makes you remember that she's more than just an angry murder hobo. It's actually rather charming to see those layers, rare as it is.

So she's like Shrek with his onions.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Cromlech - Protector of Ostland and Wanted Criminal
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
speedgrab

Post by speedgrab »

Jes is just great as a person, and willing to roll with so much that comes her way in character. I first met her on Zelly, firing off stupidly strong arrows. (Likely towards Gorthod Wenthur, why wouldn't you after all) And harassing folks of Amia forest. Our characters were in different social circles, so i didn't really continue out interaction much personally. However! I heard a lot about her character from others, thus showing she is definitely doing things worth talking about.

I'm also enjoying the small interactions between Sui and Yatari through the conclave, and seeing Cromlech off in the distance causing trouble.
Last edited by speedgrab on Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slknihilus

Post by slknihilus »

I was admittedly not thrilled by speedy's decision to focus more on their new tiefling PC, than on Dill, initially. Despite that, after a good deal of RP, I can say that Yatari turned out to be a very pleasant surprise - a character who is driven but also flawed and one which has visibly evolved since her introduction on Amia.
speedgrab

Post by speedgrab »

(Sorry for the multi post, by Nihilus oh boy Nihilus)

I've played with Phyr'tana over the years! Mainly as Dill, so likely the cause of her initial disappointment that 'Chaotic Dill Energy' wont be around. This serves as more a humour for the Drow, with just how Dill treats the people that Phyr'tana is more careful around. Maybe saying things the Drowess wish she could say back then? (I'll never know, Nihilus is great like that)

However, while Dill learnt a bit of her days with Phyr'tana running amok, Yatari seems to of gotten a bit further in a few months than the little goblin ever did, and it is thoroughly enjoyable learning small details to piece together who she is, and was a person after so long as just having pure fun (Or abject terror) around her.
Last edited by speedgrab on Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Big Dill Energy, Everything is terrible!!

I first met one of Speedie's characters as the GRAYSCALE HALFLINGS! Who took over the boulder in Amia Forest, when I played Molly. We had tons of fun of those characters, though this was well over a decade ago, I still remember them!

More recently, Yatari has been a very interesting character to watch. Though Luckii and Yatari aren't close due to their natural inclination to steer clear of each other, I enjoy watching what she's doing, and how she's evolving and changing and making her own path on Amia. It's a lot of fun to witness!
PrinceofallThayans

Post by PrinceofallThayans »

The cutest hin around ;) but besides this Luckii is so funny, her banter with Saethe has me rolling sometimes. All that personality doesn’t even fit inside her body. Even though you beat me in pvp that one time I’ll let it slide since Luckii is such a treat to interact with. 10/10 would recommend to a friend
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Saethe makes me angry in the best way.
He feels like a rounded character - someone who wants to do the right thing but doesn't always get it right, has his clumsy moments, and just feels like a person.
Login: OldManArchon
Playing: Aernoud, Kohlingen Exile
Revak

Post by Revak »

Ah, Aernoud. A character that I rarely got to interact with over the years but i'm glad to have had the chance to get to know him through Ania. Being thrust into the position he finds himself in, watching the character evolve and the dedication he's put into repurposing Whitestag has been a joy to watch - from both within and without, and can't wait to see the rest of his story unfold.

Also played Sun Boi of old Cordor and wore a brush on his head.
Ania Viranirn - Alcoholic Elf
Azeriel Caerus - Servant of the Triad
T'riss'ace Reynolds - Xas!
speedgrab

Post by speedgrab »

Revak, who i've known since before he was on Amia. He actually played a character called Revak Caerus before he did on Amia too! I'll share my in jokes at his expense whenever possible due to that.

However, i mainly know Ania from Amia. She's been through a lot, and has shown a very realistic reaction to what she's been through. It's a trope, but it's been done stupidly well, and I'm glad i delved a bit into her past.
Budly

Post by Budly »

Barrililath finds Dill hilarious and interesting. It says something. Either Barri is going soft and more...diplomatic (as some do say!) or Dill is a very unique gobbo! I think its a mix of both with big degree of hilarious Dill.
Active :
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Yatari is fascinating. I can't wait for her inevitable reveal as the Amia BBEG.

[EDIT]: BUDLY
Login: OldManArchon
Playing: Aernoud, Kohlingen Exile
ZoltanTheRed

Post by ZoltanTheRed »

Aernoud has a lotta responsitrillogence.
Raua

Post by Raua »

Corrick is the biggest butthead Sythea has had to work with that she still tolerates. Which is.. saying something.

It is fun that he embodies the "no shits given" attitude and gets beaten up for it, and accepts it. xD makes me snicker.
Seen as [DEV] Raua or...

Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

SYYTTHHEEAAA.
She's so mysterious and interesting, all I wanna do is sit there and pick her brain with some chopsticks.
Plus Matthias, there's a never-ending supply of laughs. Even when Luckii's armour WAS enchanted, she'd still hide from him. XD Under tables, behind signs, behind people, and as soon as she heard that joyful voice, she'd immediately go 'Oh no.'
I adore it XD
Suffering Hunter

Post by Suffering Hunter »

She slap your back.
Her wings go flap.
But most importantly.
She heals the KRAKEN OH MY GOD, LUCKII WHY?
Known by many characters such as,

Lothain - I swear it was just a kiss!
ExperimentAlpha

Post by ExperimentAlpha »

Ah, Lothain, slayer of dandies and fops. As much as our PCs might not see eye to eye, it's always fun to debate you and watch you actually implement the "talk shit, get hit" principle. Keep it up old man.

Edit: I don't know how to feel about killing the thread XD
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

You didn't kill it XD I do recommend putting your IG Login and Characters you play in your forum signature, though, I had to snoop your post history to figure out who you are >.>

I remember Elias! Though Elias was never close to any of my toons, the interactions I had with him definitely left the impression that he was an interesting character with a hidden history there that I wanted to pick at. I do miss seeing him/you about!
Galenson

Post by Galenson »

Despite both of us having been around for quite some time, I can't say that I've ever been in a position to really RP one on one with any of Jingle's characters. Different players with different characters with different paths that rarely converge.

I haven't had to kill any of them yet though. That's a positive thing right?
Plays:

- Lythikos - Red Wizard of Thay

Retired / Blue Moon Characters:

- Jack Galenson
- The Scholar
- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath - "The Twisting Witch"
Uberuce

Post by Uberuce »

Galenson? I hope he dies from prolapsed anal cancer, but not because his own bum-cells hate him as much as I do, but because starving sewer rats flock to his weeping scarlet rosebud and shred it to his bleeding demise.
serbiris

Post by serbiris »

Silly cow, this is about characters, not players.

Of all of Uce's characters over the years I think I've had the most interaction with Ivan. The fellow is an absolute laugh riot, from his jokes to his colourful banter. Always ready to jump into something exciting.
robbi320

Post by robbi320 »

Velden... Velden always was weird, to me. I used to read up on older characters, just to know... what I missed, basically. And there always was this weird elf-shaped hole. Banned from... seemingly everywhere, a character that seemed to stir the pot, but I could never really gather what exactly he stirred. In general, Velden was an enigma to me, and now he's back, and I've played with him some (though my altitis made that a limited experience) and it's been fun. I find it kind of amusing how he was, as a sneak that mostly stayed in the shadows, one of the major players in the Horde plot, all out in the spotlight and all.

Also, made a very good decorative ornament.