EE Move Questions

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Google

Re: Job System Resource's Transfer

Post by Google »

Are we doing anything to move over the resources in Faction chests?
walnutboy

Post by walnutboy »

Google wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:01 am Are we doing anything to move over the resources in Faction chests?
Just to add to this what about resources held which are not stored within a merchants chest, such all the collected herbs and things which are gathered and likely held in bags. Sorry for hijacking a post a little or causing issue but I know on Ly I have gathered resources in bags of holding for the herblists job. Personally I'm not fussed as its been a while since I used the job but some others might get upset about having to gather everything again.

On a less related note, what happens to items created under the old system? Many of the bows shana made have unique descriptions, will these carry over even if the base item itself can no longer be made under the new system or has been changed from what it once was?

Thanks in advance.
If it's raining, look for Rainbows.
If it's dark, look for stars!
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Uhh. I'm just gonna move these posts out of this person's request topic. :P
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Cromlech - Protector of Ostland and Wanted Criminal
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Jes
I like dragons.

Re: EE Move Questions

Post by Jes »

Okay. No spamming other people's request topics, you weirdos. To answer your questions...

1. Faction resources will be transferred a different way, but we don't have a solid answer for exactly how yet.

2. If you have those herbs, you can either switch them out or keep them depending on if you ever do anything with them. They're still items that will work for RP if that's all you use them for. Otherwise, just get with a DM like everyone else has to.

3. Job System items that are already made will still function. Descriptions are not loaded after login, so they're not just gonna randomly be wiped or anything.
---
walnutboy

Post by walnutboy »

Well, yes... we are weirdos it comes with still playing an 18 year old game long after most have written it off! 🤣

... but thank you, that answers these questions!
If it's raining, look for Rainbows.
If it's dark, look for stars!
MisterLich

Post by MisterLich »

Do I need to give you (Jes) my CD key or something in order for my characters to be transferred to my new account, when everything is live and stuff? Or do I just need to have the playername "misterlich?"
poop
Cratz

Post by Cratz »

Character Transfer Form

Your current NWN Amia Login:
Your NWN EE Multiplayer Login:
Your NWN EE Public CD Key (see below):
List ALL characters you want transferred (by .bic file name, see below):

^ Send that to Jes via PM. Instructions below.

How to Find Your Character's File Name

Type /s f_file
Click Show Vault
View character file names (.bic format)

It's easier to just move all characters you want to leave behind to the archive and ensure all characters you want to keep are in your Vault.

Note: If you DO NOT have access to 1.69 NWN, you can just send the character names as you remember them. This will be much slower, though, so please only do this if you have absolutely no choice.

How to Find Public CD Key
You can find your EE CD Key in cdkey.ini located in your 'Documents/Neverwinter Nights' folder where it has the game folders (like hak, override, modules, etc).

Public CD keys are comprised of alternating characters in the CD key, starting with the second and ending with the sixteenth, for a total of eight characters.

EE CD-Key: 12345 - 67890 - ABCDE - FGHIJ - KLMNO - PQRST - UVWXY
EE Public CD-Key: 24680BDF

--------

You can also do this:

Run NWN EE > Multiplayer > New Game > Any module
Look in "Advanced Options" on the bottom right and make sure "Allow Local Characters" is not checked.
Make a new character and load into the server.
Exit and look in your Neverwinter Nights folder (this is in your Documents directory) for the "servervault" folder.
The name of the folder within your servervault folder (it'll look like 8 random numbers/letters) is your Public CD-Key.
People who want to find me know where to find me.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

MisterLich wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:27 pm Do I need to give you (Jes) my CD key or something in order for my characters to be transferred to my new account, when everything is live and stuff? Or do I just need to have the playername "misterlich?"
What Cratz said.

This is the topic on the old forums.

I posted it here on the current forums, too.
---
Lesquille

Post by Lesquille »

Are the old customizations for beast races from 1.69 still available in the EE Amia hak? Like these:
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

The dynamic model setter for kobolds and such are on the list of things to be fixed, probably in the coming week.
---
AnubianAllure

Post by AnubianAllure »

I've been holding off on rebuilding my kobold for the dynamic models to be available again, yessssss
"Disparage no foe and respect all, for valor blazes in all regardless of age, sex, or race." - Tempus' Dogma