Amia's New Trends

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
IKoI

Amia's New Trends

Post by IKoI »

With more and more Double xp, folks are getting to lvl 30 at a ridiculous pace. Low lvl, mid lvl and even some upper (Non-Epic) lvl gear holds no desire anymore. And with the bump from 5% to 25% chance of Epic drops, the market is being over flooded and the coin value of Epics is just plum crazy low now. Seem's everybody and there Momma is a Merchant now of days. Amia is becoming weak sauce and too easy. :banghead: Not a big Fan of this.
Last edited by IKoI on Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch follower of Helm the Vigilant One
Milly can run the Mino Maze in under 12 Parsecs
Kamina

Re: Amia's New Trends

Post by Kamina »

I mean, I personally found people were scalping Epics and reselling at a much inflated value. Epics are actually obtainable for players who don't want to boss grind every soloable boss every reset and the new increase of players means we have more people wanting the items.
EPSILON V3 | Skumlord | Alphonse Ondenfare
Budly

Post by Budly »

On the other hand, it is not an epic item if everyone has it.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

I made a new Toon, in a week and a half, lvl 30, and has six epics. Lost 4 dice rolls even. Granted two epics were Dm events. With Milly just hunting Pirate Ghost solo in five days got her hands on five epics.
Hrafingar

Post by Hrafingar »

And here I am, with only a queen troll ring and a buckler I bought.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Amia in general has gotten more "anything goes" (we didn't used to have half-celestials and full dragon characters), the leveling process has further diluted to become (IMO) meaningless, and the risk(cost)/reward balance has dropped risk entirely. I'm personally not so engaged in much of the (boss) hunting, but it is becoming harder and harder to ignore the "game" aspects and immerse in the "world" aspects. The general improvement philosophy also seems to be "make it easier/more powerful" so you get this continuing spiral.

I don't think this could be solved either without defining a clear vision of what Amia is about, and an ambitious/brave redesign of the server from the ground up. You will likely lose players in the process, and DM's and Dev's are all doing this on their own time too. But! It doesn't have to all come to them per se. If enough people are behind such an initiative, we could create a "task force" of players, DM's, and Devs to collaborate and design The New Amia?
Login: OldManArchon
Playing: Aernoud, Kohlingen Exile
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

I kind of agree on point with:

1. Mythal drops rate is crazy, I can't sell the mythals I have and I keep getting more.
2. Epics drop rate from 5% to 25% was big step and now everyone selling is forced to drop prices to get anything sold.
2.1. Lower level equipment can't be sold, there has zero interest towards anything than epic loots.
2.2. Instead of buying with gold, people only seem to be interested of trading in most parts.
3. Leveling is fast, it was fast already but with gear so readily available it is even better.

Unfortunately, I don't feel we have the player amounts that are needed to keep prices up. There is more supply than there is demand in mythals and epic items.

I disagree on that the requested characters reduce the level immersion. I don't mind if there are dragons, celestial or whatnot, they are characters all the same and if someone makes a good enough request to get one, it does not dilute my experience. I also disagree that hunting is something or should be considered something separate from the world that Amia is. It is normal aspect of DnD games to me.

I do agree that philosophy should not be "Make it easier/more powerful", I like to have risks/reward more aligned for actions. However, I do think that weaker classes deserve to be picked up to be at least decent and more used, while strong classes don't really need more boosts.

EDIT:
Also want to add that it seems impossible to sell epics even against resources. People just don't want to buy an epic with high amount of gold or resources, because it also means they need to do the work in order to get those high amounts. I think the current rates are very rewarding to people who don't want to work a lot for getting something, whereas I have been ready to work a lot to get items/gold/resources. The game gives number of ways to obtain epic items, we have DC's, we can trade against gold, trade against resources, trade against other epic items and top of all you can get epic items purely through roleplaying with other PC's and participating in Events.

I personally don't feel like I am selling "epic" items anymore, just generic +5 loot. But that is my feeling and experience, I am sure we have different views.
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Milly recently has spent almost 30 million buying up Epics. One PC was going to sell Fifth Tier Fort Cloak for five million coin. Out of principle she doubled it and paid ten. Beaufort wanted 3.5 million for some Finder of trails boots, even droped it down to 3 for Milly, but that was the amount she felt they were worth and no meat left on the bone. Another Merchant has dex 4 Agility belt for 500k and Arcane Defiance Plate for 1 million. That's just crazy talk lol. I have been recently thinking of gathering prominent merchants up for a meeting and trying to come up with a set price guide on epics.
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Personally, I don't really care what prices people's characters ask for items. It is their decisions, but I do agree that the prices are just very low at the same time and it is becoming harder and harder to sell +5 loot. Sure it will also impact the economy that there is less and less gold moving and fortunes wont be as massive. However, I do think the current way is rewarding those who don't want to place effort in getting +5 loot in killing bosses or getting the needed gold to buy them.

What comes to Beau's prices, sometimes it is worth trying to barter too. All I am saying. :)

Edit: Like I feel that mythals has gone to a point it is just pointless buying them. Do a run or two and you've got more than enough.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

The Church of Waukeen is on the phone.

.. Which isn't that bad an IC idea either, to have a "merchant guild" that keeps prices sensible and stable, and "diplomatically persuades" those who get "innovative".

EDIT: Introduce taxation. If we can somehow track how much gold a PC has made in a month...
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

I think that kind of mafia rp would be cool, but realistically there simply is no way of enforcing prices. The supply is just too easy currently and the demand is getting smaller with each find. While player numbers have not, in my opinion, drastically gone up either. To be frank, I think there is less players than there was few months ago when I joined Amia.
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

One set of gear that really irks me that no one wants is the yellow text helmets. There +3 Ac, +2 ability, and Damage resis. I think there pretty sweet, but folks lvl so fast they don't have need for them. :(
Arterin

Post by Arterin »

I generally disagree with much of what is being said in this thread. We can talk about it in discord so we can have a good back and forth if you like.

Edit: Actually never mind. I can do private messages here too.
Arterin Heldeion
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

The prices dropping on Epics is good. Very good, because people won't farm gold for days anymore and in general, just more stuff moves over the counter.

You simply need to adjust to the changed market as a trader, its not bad that there is many PCs trading now. Honestly, Milly was often just frustrating to me, because the deals you were trying to make were so ridiculously tilted in your favor that I did not want to trade with you at all.

Not to mention the absolutely ridiculous gold prices most people demanded for Epics which only made gold even less worth because it basically forced people to farm more and more gold constantly, to meet the higher and higher gold prices.

I was against it in the beginning as well and honestly? Getting 2 Epics in 4 Boss runs might be a bit weird but.. Eh.
I think in the end the player Market is gonna get a lot more active, and thats good.
This one's to the mighty sea, mischief, gold and piracy!~
Kamina

Post by Kamina »

IKoI wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:49 pm One set of gear that really irks me that no one wants is the yellow text helmets. There +3 Ac, +2 ability, and Damage resis. I think there pretty sweet, but folks lvl so fast they don't have need for them. :(
Have you considered that:

- There are either better variants from NPC merchants
- People are able to use sub-par helmets and still be efficient
- Prices may not be desirable
- They may have found similar upgrades through leveling

This thread just screams "People are able to gain these items themselves and not through me and now I'm upset"

There IS a demand for epic items, they just don't want to pay your prices.
Kamina

Post by Kamina »

I just want to say though, the only thing I agree with is mythal drop rates. They should be lowered than 5x their original rarity or be given a static gold value.
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

IKoI wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 pm [..]I have been recently thinking of gathering prominent merchants up for a meeting and trying to come up with a set price guide on epics [...]
That is called a Cartell. I am sure you will IC realise there is problems involved in that.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

I don't much care about the trading myself - for me it's more that things have diluted over time. Restrictions have gradually been lifted, but these restrictions also forced people to get creative - which made things more valuable and immersive to me, at least.
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

Elorathall wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm I don't much care about the trading myself - for me it's more that things have diluted over time. Restrictions have gradually been lifted, but these restrictions also forced people to get creative - which made things more valuable and immersive to me, at least.
People weren't creative about people asking for 10 Million Gold for a single item - They watched a movie while brain dead farming minos for hours upon hours.
Last edited by Freaxxshow on Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Kamina wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm
IKoI wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:49 pm One set of gear that really irks me that no one wants is the yellow text helmets. There +3 Ac, +2 ability, and Damage resis. I think there pretty sweet, but folks lvl so fast they don't have need for them. :(
Have you considered that:

- There are either better variants from NPC merchants
- People are able to use sub-par helmets and still be efficient
- Prices may not be desirable
- They may have found similar upgrades through leveling

This thread just screams "People are able to gain these items themselves and not through me and now I'm upset"

As far as it goes for low to mid lvl loot, Milly sells them cheap and often hook's newbies to the isle up with them for free. :mrgreen:

Nice try at a swipe bub!
Destinysdesire

Post by Destinysdesire »

Okay, new player and I am gonna toss my 2 cents into the pot here.

1. Unique character races - I already love this about the server. Its a feature that draws people. It doesn't dilute if anything it gives more stories then not. Love having it.

2. EXP - Personally, I think the pacing is just nice, easy at the onset and around 10, it kinda tilts off where it takes a bit more to level, I mean if your a vet of the server, you can 30 in 2 days likely, but for someone that is new or enjoying the server, its gonna take a bit.

3. Epic Items - I have all of "1" epic item, and it was given to me. Honestly I am blown away at the cost of some of the "epic" items where gold inflation is just insane. 1.5 million for a pair of boots, 2 million for a shield? This kinda gold could buy the entirety of Southport, and its just thrown around casually. My char has never had more then just over 100k total. I would literally have to OOC farm to get the coin for what you want. So I say having more open and flooding the market a bit, may not be such a bad thing...cause in perspective, would you pay 200.00 for a loaf of bread? 50.00 for an apple? No of course not, that's insane pricing. Yes, epic items are epic. Though the average player should not have enough gold to buy Southport 10x over. Cause economically the cause and effect of that, would literally destroy Southport and any nearby city just in inflation costs.

4. Yellow items - I have yet to see one, and if I did and it worked for me, I likely would seek to buy it, assuming the price wasn't vastly insane considering I would eventually replace it.

5. Mythal pieces - I have no idea what they are or are for, but I do agree the drop rate could afford to be lowered a bit, I have left so many behind I lost count, especially the lower ones.
PassionateShadow

Post by PassionateShadow »

I've sold over 15 nonepic standard loot in the last four days to players.
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Freaxxshow wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:38 pm
Elorathall wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm I don't much care about the trading myself - for me it's more that things have diluted over time. Restrictions have gradually been lifted, but these restrictions also forced people to get creative - which made things more valuable and immersive to me, at least.
People weren't creative about people asking for 10 Million Gold for a single item - They watched a movie while brain dead farming minos for hours upon hours.
Ah! The best way indeed!
Analog Kid

Post by Analog Kid »

This almost sounds like the argument of taxing the 1%.

Needing a character build that can farm money so they can buy epics so they can survive pve/dm events so they can get more epics so they can farm more money to buy more epics to get MOAR GUD! seems a downward spiral.
I find myself wondering what I've done with my time on Amia after reading some of the stuff here. The concept of just throwing millions of gold at something 'just because', astounds me. I've never had more than 2 million on Derrin. Ever.
I actively avoid adventure merchants on the principal that they are super over priced. The sad part is, they have to charge that much to make a purchase meaningful because the buyer has far more money on hand than the cost of the item they're buying.

Then there's folks like little ol me that just watch the majority of the server skate away like 'LOL!! I'm going boss hunting". And I feel like i'm going to hear comments like 'Get Gud, mate!' or something like that. No. I don't feel I need to. I, like everyone else, should feel that they can have fun on the server the same as everyone else. I just don't like the idea of feeling punished, or pointedly left out because I chose to go 'that direction' with my character, instead of following a status quo that was created by the build thread because people felt the need to have epic gear to 'succeed' on the server.
I Am:
Derrin: 'Nothing to see here'
Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Discord: Analog Kid #5922
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

I don't really agree with this perspective and don't think we should try to, in lack of better word, start (Just can't think of anything other word) "demonizing" the people thinking otherwise than ourselves. I do agree that in some parts prices need to be reconsidered as things evolve and change.

I don't see any genuine harm in discussing this and as a merchant player it is a bit demotivating in consideration that in order to sell anything, we actually also have to do a lot of work to get something to sell. Much like a PC who wants to obtain RP status does huge effort to RP a lot for a specific goal.

In order to be able to play a +5 loot merchant, it means you need to have to hunt a lot in order to have the goods. Somehow the server, at least in my perspective, seems to place far more value in standing around roleplaying. What I mean is that hunting seems to be considered as a negative thing that somehow is bad for RP at times.

At the same time, I do think that calling +5 items as epic items at this point is ridiculous. There just is nothing epic about them, not power-wise, not in rarity aspect nor at all by the cost-wise either now. I do think that maybe it should be considered that perhaps the drop rate is a bit too large? Is is it a bad thing that people would have to place some effort in getting specific +5 loots? Why can't some things stay hard to get and obtain? Does gearing from +4 to +5 do such a large difference in PvE or PvP? Sure, they help, but does that mean it needs to be made very easy?

I've seen people complaining about auctions how there is no point attending them because person X will be there, usually referring to PC who has a lot of gold to outbid most. I don't see it as a bad thing that said player of the PC put a lot of effort in order to have that gold and in some sense "status".
Destinysdesire

Post by Destinysdesire »

Tempurian wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:59 pm

I've seen people complaining about auctions how there is no point attending them because person X will be there, usually referring to PC who has a lot of gold to outbid most. I don't see it as a bad thing that said player of the PC put a lot of effort in order to have that gold and in some sense "status".

This I tend to disagree with....Gold farmers tend to know where the best gold/time ratio is, and mindlessly set the PC to farm as they watch a movie/read/play a different game. I miss the servers where if the DM thought you were one of those types of Gold farmers....they would spawn an epic monster against you, if you were paying attention, you would wisely run the hell away....if you weren't....well...So be it.
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Destinysdesire wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:15 pm

This I tend to disagree with....Gold farmers tend to know where the best gold/time ratio is, and mindlessly set the PC to farm as they watch a movie/read/play a different game. I miss the servers where if the DM thought you were one of those types of Gold farmers....they would spawn an epic monster against you, if you were paying attention, you would wisely run the hell away....if you weren't....well...So be it.
Sounds really nasty actually. I just don't see the point of that kind of action, if hunter players are penalized in such a way.. I also hope that the RP people who stand somewhere and afk would be equally penalized.

I am not saying this because I do it, mind. I usually always hunt with other people and not alone. I also don't see what harm it does if someone decided to mine resources or hunt while watching a movie? I don't see how that dilutes my experience at all as a player or how it harms me in any way. If they want to do that, why should they not be able to do so?
Destinysdesire

Post by Destinysdesire »

I'm specifically talking about the players sitting in 1 area for 2-3 hrs just gold/epics grinding with little care, this does effect players because as said, costs go up as gold becomes less and less valued. RP itself is already penalized, you don't earn XP or gold for it, so you lose out entirely. Honestly if I were a DM, I would be more likely to drop an event on RPers then I ever would on solo grinders.
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Luckily Amia has rules about camping a spot, so that kind of helps.

Again I see no issue in player placing time and resources in order to get IG gold and loot. That is their choice to do with their time. I am not entirely sure if your issue is with the amounts of gold out there, for example buying for 2 million and so and so... Or would you prefer that the price would b 2 hundred thousand, so it is not such a huge sum. In some sense it would be more fun if we could consider hundred thousand a large sum already, but the fact is that if we change the economy system now, it makes long-standing PC's extremely rich in comparison to new players coming after the change and there would be no competition. I don't mind we say 2 million gold, to be honest it is a rather small amount. IF someone says they have 50 or 100 million gold, then I am impressed because it is not easy to obtain. Even if we change from millions to thousands, the scale would remain the same in terms of purchasing power.

I also don't agree that RP is penalized, sure there is no added extra benefit other than enjoying yourself as a player. And depending what you RP you can actually earn gold and xp, DC's give both. Also if you do smiting stuff or item creation for other PC's you can get paid for doing that RP.

I've not heard of single case where a solo grinder got a DM event, not sure if that is a thing any shape or form. Perhaps more experienced player or DM can say.
Analog Kid

Post by Analog Kid »

In order to be able to play a +5 loot merchant, it means you need to have to hunt a lot in order to have the goods. Somehow the server, at least in my perspective, seems to place far more value in standing around roleplaying. What I mean is that hunting seems to be considered as a negative thing that somehow is bad for RP at times.
But.... it's an rp server? Ok, yes, it's still the nature of the game to go grind for stuff, but that doesn't mean everyone has to play that way.

Tempurian wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:59 pm At the same time, I do think that calling +5 items as epic items at this point is ridiculous. There just is nothing epic about them, not power-wise, not in rarity aspect nor at all by the cost-wise either now. I do think that maybe it should be considered that perhaps the drop rate is a bit too large? Is is it a bad thing that people would have to place some effort in getting specific +5 loots? Why can't some things stay hard to get and obtain? Does gearing from +4 to +5 do such a large difference in PvE or PvP? Sure, they help, but does that mean it needs to be made very easy? {/quote}

+4 gear doesn't cut it. Bosses have DR out the ass, and super high AB, which means guys like me can't compete when it comes to boss hunting. And on a personal level, I feel like a chump tagging along with the uber toons, riding their coat tails while they wtfpwn the boss with their epic gear because they can actually pass the DR because they have the uber toon..... blah blah. See how this just goes in a circle....and leave out those of us that want to RP without feeling like we're playing a maurading bandit that goes on a wanton killing spree for loot and gold.
Tempurian wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:59 pm I've seen people complaining about auctions how there is no point attending them because person X will be there, usually referring to PC who has a lot of gold to outbid most. I don't see it as a bad thing that said player of the PC put a lot of effort in order to have that gold and in some sense "status".
This seems to me a case of the rich getting richer. It takes the right build/gear to be able to go get this stuff in the first place. By virtue of that, these are the characters/people that have the money to throw around. Once they get the epic item, they inflate the price in order to make a profit, and again.... in circles we go.

Going to add on to your comment you made while I was posting......bear with me....

"I also don't agree that RP is penalized, sure there is no added extra benefit other than enjoying yourself as a player......"

This just seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot here. 'No added benefit''? That's like.... the point of my argument when compared to your viewpoint.
The crafting system doesn't even compare to the the gains earned by epic loot and boss hunting.
And earning DC's and gold from DM events doesn't compare either. First you need to be around when a DM is. Granted, that part is getting better, still some people do have the problem if not being around to get DC's in the first place. So, the DC solution is a random variable that is uncontrolable by the player, and not a viable source of income, and certainly not one that can balance the millions of gold and the availability of epic gear.
I Am:

IKoI

Post by IKoI »

All I'm saying the market of Epics is starting to get oversaturated. And it's been like two weeks since the change in drop rate? What's it going to look like in three, six months? Epics are not going to be worth anything. I used to get 1 epic per 80-120 attempts at Pirate Ghost. I have gotten six in six days. Just got one 20 mins ago. And I'm not mad or hating that there's more merchants now, I actually love seeing that! I wrote that wrong! Dumb dyslexia! It was to be meant a joke, and not a big fan of this should have went at the end. 8D
Kamina

Post by Kamina »

I used to get 1 epic per 80-120 attempts at Pirate Ghost.
How is 80-120 server resets per boss a healthy amount to get a single roll on the epic drop table?

The market is only over saturated because PCs who don't endlessly boss farm have a much more likely chance to get an epic doing the occasional epic dungeon.
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

How is hunting not part of the RP server? I don't really understand. How is it any different than say a PC walking in Southport from point A to point B and potentially meeting PC's and potentially not meeting PC's.

It is RP server, it means we will roleplay when we meet some others. We also have huge dm events where people don't rp at some points at all as they just stand there and listen. Which, granted, is needed to keep up with the chat. I also don't think hunting needs to be considered a bad thing nor is it making RP server any less RP server.

What comes to the prices, no one is forcing anyone to pay those prices demanded. O.o A lot of times, people should try bartering.

Also the added benefit was a comment on the fact that someone said RP is penalized. Please look it at the context without taking a sentence out of the context. The added benefit refers only to the fact that sure, you don't get actively gold or XP for that, but why should you. I disagreed in that, I don't see I am being penalized if I RP, I also do RP at hunts sometime. I also brought up the point that if you RP creating a DC item for other person, or they pay you do to that RP, you can get gold.

I understand that DC's have their own issue, I've not obtained many either but I am not here to complain about them. I just bring it up as one source of income, then you can sell resources to other players, you can go hunting... IF people decide to make hunting as bad thing, a negative aspect of a game, that really is up to them.. I personally don't see any issue if someone decides to place x amount of hours for getting gold and epic items. If they ask too much gold for epic item, my PC won't buy it. My PC will try to talk the price down or provide another arrangement instead of gold.

I personally think that the drop rate for +5 items is too high. I also think mythal drop rate is too high. I don't see any issues with the fact that there are PC's who are far more rich than me, they've done the work to get rich good for them. I don't see why I should try in anyway start to find means to penalize them for deciding to hunt and get gold whereas I've decided to place time in RP at times.. Or decided not to play at all.
Kamina

Post by Kamina »

The only viable way to get Epic items should not be to buy them through merchants or spend an absurd amount of time grinding bosses.

Hunting is part of the RP server, but I'll be damned if someone is logging on to solo their usual circuit of dungeons and does do while RPing to themselves.

There's nothing bad about accessibility and if anything a more likely chance of hitting the epic drop table means the DMs can add more items to it without causing items to become absurdly rare.
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Analog Kid,

I have been here for almost nine years. And you had already been an established Char here when I came. I know you have had to get a good some of DC's over the years. You don't have any DC made Gear that are better than Epics by now with all the rping you have done? Derrin is your main, he should be locked and loaded to the teeth with Bomb ass gear!
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Kamina wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:03 pm
I used to get 1 epic per 80-120 attempts at Pirate Ghost.
How is 80-120 server resets per boss a healthy amount to get a single roll on the epic drop table?

The market is only over saturated because PCs who don't endlessly boss farm have a much more likely chance to get an epic doing the occasional epic dungeon.

I only Boos hunt one Boss per rest. There are gang's of folks who go on runs hitting 4-8 bosses per-reset. You do the math.
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Kamina wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:06 pm The only viable way to get Epic items should not be to buy them through merchants or spend an absurd amount of time grinding bosses.

Hunting is part of the RP server, but I'll be damned if someone is logging on to solo their usual circuit of dungeons and does do while RPing to themselves.

There's nothing bad about accessibility and if anything a more likely chance of hitting the epic drop table means the DMs can add more items to it without causing items to become absurdly rare.
Some Dm's, sometimes give out epics in events. Some PC's Rp finesse themselves in to getting epic's. Some Pc's hook there friends up with epics Rp/OOC.

Not sure how many PC's have Toon's that can solo a ton of bosses, but not like there's a whole bunch of rp going on when a group goes boss hunting.

How bloated does the Dm team want the epic loot table to get to?
Hrafingar

Post by Hrafingar »

The entire drop chance thing is moot to be honest.
If the devs and DMs and Jes thought it was a bad thing. They would've never gone through with it. The only thing that needs a bit of tuning is the mythal drop rate under flawless. But that's a topic ongoing on a different topic.
The majority seem to not mind the increased epic drops and it appears that it's feeding a market of trading epic for epic, some are being sold and others are handed out because the character getting it. Benefits from having it.
It would be a shame to let the few vocal people who are able to hit bosses often and regularly in very small groups cause server shrinkage because things are going into a different direction than what it used to be.

There's going to be an new epic dungeon, which quite likely need to have decently kitted out characters with regular drops from the other epic dungeons. Maybe even epic drops.

If the markets get oversaturated, then it'll be looked at by the staff. *Shrug*
Analog Kid

Post by Analog Kid »

IKoI wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:11 pm Analog Kid,

I have been here for almost nine years. And you had already been an established Char here when I came. I know you have had to get a good some of DC's over the years. You don't have any DC made Gear that are better than Epics by now with all the rping you have done? Derrin is your main, he should be locked and loaded to the teeth with Bomb ass gear!
I have exactly 1 piece of DC made gear, and a couple mythaled items. Can't afford the mythals that make the good items, because I can't access those areas. My choice, I know. I chose not to consult the build forum before making my character to min/max my ability to get epic gear though. That's mostly where i'm coming from here.

The gear I have is fitting for my character and his concept, not to maximize the numbers on my character sheet so I can be rich with all my slots filled with epic gear that maximizes my con/disp/ab/saves, which seems to be the general theme to what is considered 'good' gear.

for the record, re-reading my own post seems like i'm being a bit of a stand-offish dick. I apologize in advance. I'm not being like that. I'm just laying out my thoughts as concisely as I can. :)
I Am:

IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Analog Kid wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:42 pm

I have exactly 1 piece of DC made gear, and a couple mythaled items. Can't afford the mythals that make the good items, because I can't access those areas. My choice, I know. I chose not to consult the build forum before making my character to min/max my ability to get epic gear though. That's mostly where i'm coming from here.

The gear I have is fitting for my character and his concept, not to maximize the numbers on my character sheet so I can be rich with all my slots filled with epic gear that maximizes my con/disp/ab/saves, which seems to be the general theme to what is considered 'good' gear.

for the record, re-reading my own post seems like i'm being a bit of a stand-offish dick. I apologize in advance. I'm not being like that. I'm just laying out my thoughts as concisely as I can. :)
All good my Dude! :like:
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Not to try and sound condescending... but if Derrin would use a shield and sword, wear some str gear, once a day mino loop (Hour time), in two weeks he should easily have enough saved up for a flawless or perfect mythal. And as for DC gear, a lot of folks are willing to help and pitch in most of the time with rp and Dc's if you make the request.
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Oh, appraisal gear helps out a lot! Mhum in Ne'sek sells them cheap from time to time.
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

Analog Kid wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Bruh seriously hit me up. Its kind of my thing to make Builds fit the concept. Look at Peggy lol.

A build thats actually playable != giving up on RP.

IKoI wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 pm Not to try and sound condescending... but if Derrin would use a shield and sword, wear some str gear, once a day mino loop (Hour time), in two weeks he should easily have enough saved up for a flawless or perfect mythal. And as for DC gear, a lot of folks are willing to help and pitch in most of the time with rp and Dc's if you make the request.
Mino looping is literally one of the reasons we have a problem with Gold. Its also hella boring.
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

IKoI wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 pm Not to try and sound condescending... but if Derrin would use a shield and sword, wear some str gear, once a day mino loop (Hour time), in two weeks he should easily have enough saved up for a flawless or perfect mythal. And as for DC gear, a lot of folks are willing to help and pitch in most of the time with rp and Dc's if you make the request.
Mino looping is literally one of the reasons we have a problem with Gold. Its also hella boring.
[/quote]

True, but everyone above lvl 15 has the same opportunity to do it. And do the same thing at many other hunting spots. It's not a dark secret. Some can stomach the bore, some can't. If I come across other hunters, I give them the hunting ground and bounce elsewhere. But it's been years since Milly did her Mino humping Days! :lol:
Alcomancer

Post by Alcomancer »

Amia has a literal ocean of level 30's from its decade and a half of being alive and a lot of them are all super geared already, including yours. Making the boss hunt loop less boring and tedious and painful is not a bad thing. The end game meta on amia is slowly shifting as new higher-end game content is being added and I don't think that's really a negative thing. It means we're creating new stuff to play with that makes the game more interesting while making the old stuff more accessible.
Gerald Edmund
Budly

Post by Budly »

Alcomancer wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:20 pm Amia has a literal ocean of level 30's from its decade and a half of being alive and a lot of them are all super geared already, including yours. Making the boss hunt loop less boring and tedious and painful is not a bad thing. The end game meta on amia is slowly shifting as new higher-end game content is being added and I don't think that's really a negative thing. It means we're creating new stuff to play with that makes the game more interesting while making the old stuff more accessible.
Speak for yourself. My oldest characters are my least geared.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
Alcomancer

Post by Alcomancer »

Admittedly budly, you have the opportunity to much more easily gear up struggling characters that never really seemed to have any luck with loot rolls now as well. I think this is a universally good decision.
Gerald Edmund
Budly

Post by Budly »

Alcomancer wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:59 pm Admittedly budly, you have the opportunity to much more easily gear up struggling characters that never really seemed to have any luck with loot rolls now as well. I think this is a universally good decision.
Yes, I do. But I think Epics should not be called Epics no more. It is nothing Epic if everyone have them.
Active :
Kamina

Post by Kamina »

Epics is more interesting to say than +5 gear.
Budly

Post by Budly »

Kamina wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:26 pm Epics is more interesting to say than +5 gear.
I guess :like:
Active :