SonicX Underdark Report 2

For development logs.
SonicX

SonicX Underdark Report 2

Post by SonicX »

Time spent 2 hours

1. Ogres
Ecl is 7-10, the biggest threat is the fireballs, but thats fun! Would keep the same, but add in a quest.

2. Hostile Drow
Ecl 9-13, great for a party, the largest trouble is that it seems very similar to Malarfang spawns, I would increase the xp to that level and also great opportunity for quest. Definitely it is not undead friendly, the hardest challenge is going to the multiple clerics for any player at that level or party. Would be a great quest area as well.

3. Gloura
Ecl 9-13, I like it, except I am not sure where they fit lore wise because I couldn't find any information on them. I would definitely follow the same recommendations as suggested for the the hostile drow areas. The most annoying thing is cloud of bewilderment and curse song, but keep those it adds to the challenge.

4. Blue Cavern
Not sure on the ECL will have to go back there and find out, it seems dangerously close to a place that could kill a new player that didn't know any better, I do enjoy the harder trolls and I think they should be placed further away in the underdark possibly closer to the surface.

5. Hostile Duergar
ECL 12-15, good evenly matched spawns, again it is a tad close to the lowby areas, a low level player may find a very rude awakening with a chain lightning to the face, I would adjust xp a bit maybe one that reflects the toughness on them and their spell casters. Would also make a great quest to steal ore or gems or a rare item.

6. Hostile Svirfneblin
Ecl 7-10, a good low level area, the xp jumps from 10-35, with 35 appearing on the deep gnomes with the whips (tough little bugs). I would add in shamans and have a few earth elementals due to the lore behind the Svirfneblin and their connection to creatures of the earth plane. The wizards in there are fine for a low level person or group. Also a good idea for a quest maybe even a boss for lower levels.

Overall Notes:

The area designs are cool, many of the areas do truly have an underdark feel to them. I will be going back in to those areas with the higher ecl range to fully go through them and look for bugs. I do feel the undead area in the underdark with my first report I submitted would be a great place to add a boss as well maybe a drow temple to Kiaransalee and add a quest there as well. One thing I did notice is that UD Drow do not have access to Books of Transmutation, which is a minor inconvenience at best.

Further follow through is that like the wave portals maybe add in ECL range if keeping the underdark transition system, so that players can better navigate where to travel appropriately.

Please follow up with questions if need be. Still think in some of the areas that are more wild, there should be encounters with creatures of the underdark like hook horrors, displacer beast, and even a random spawn in of a big ugly basilisk.
SonicX

Re: SonicX Underdark Report 2

Post by SonicX »

Found lore on Gloura lol do mix the commentary
SonicX

Post by SonicX »

Just discovered a bug where you can turn in unidentified quest items. Is this known and is it supposed to happen?
SonicX

Post by SonicX »

Giving this a rebump… recently I have been in the Underdark with a small group maybe we could adjust the creeper Queen spawn, it has a DR that seems way too high for the ecl range for that area. Will put a detailed report later on once I’m able to take a closer look via pc.
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

So you know, I have bookmarked this page to refer to as I go through the UD.
The bag of felt holds the jewels of fate.
SonicX

Post by SonicX »

I use this to go back over as well