Positive Opinion of the Players Characters Before You 2.0

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Freaxxshow

Re: Positive Opinion of the Players Characters Before You 2.0

Post by Freaxxshow »

Zayn tried so hard to get a lynch mob against Peggy and the Riptide.

Honestly it's kind sad nobody followed through with him, he did a great job at manipulating people.
This one's to the mighty sea, mischief, gold and piracy!~
Budly

Post by Budly »

Peraga became something in Budlys life, I will never forget those first days of RP with Freaxxx on her. It was awesome. Budly failed her, as her adoptive father but he will never ever regret adopting her. When Peraga was still part of Bendir Dale, it was probably the best time in Budlys life in the "second run" on Amia he had going. She is forever part of the Bundly clan, a weird clan of Halflings, Dwarves...a Drow and Drowlings. Peraga shows the depth Freaxxx can pull off! So much sympathy and fear one can hold for the same character! The caring for Potatoe, the familiar of a very evil woman was hilarious when Peraga and Budly basically was petting the homonculus (i think it was!). Good times.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
TheSojourner

Post by TheSojourner »

After the thread stopped for a solid week, I had to stop and wonder who was this person that no one had anything to say about. Turns out, everybody already did!
And now I'm also included in the majority. Damn. There goes my exclusivity status.
serbiris

Post by serbiris »

I'll do a twofer since that wasn't really an opinion (and I haven't posted one on any of Budly's PCs yet anyway)

Sylveera always injected much-needed hostility and controversy to otherwise dull affairs. I guess you could say she's the elf we love to hate? I've had more interaction with her than the rest of Budly's PCs, at any rate.

Ais is a character who I've always found personally rather amusing in his antics, your classic class clown (alliteration!). More than that I'm also aware that he has an extensively-developed personally philosophy, even though the nature of my character's interactions with him means I have only ever glimpsed it. Fie upon that lack of common ground! Perhaps one day I shall see more. Velden certainly knew him fairly well in the past, occasionally allied with and sometimes in opposition to, oddly enough.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Nice seeing how much Velden has changed over the time I know how from in the terrorist days to now. Always been fun to rp with and poke fun at too! Stupid epic dodging my pokes, but still a good person.
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

I only know Jack from the occasional Forum Post or wordless run-in, but it seems like Charles is juggling a good amount of roles with him...
ZoltanTheRed

Post by ZoltanTheRed »

Peraga is literally the daughter of Satan. There just isn't a lot positive to think of concerning her. Peggy on the other hand is pretty badass.
Budly

Post by Budly »

I am unsure if Zoltan means her real father is...or if Budly is also an adoptive devil-father. >: )

Corrick and Valiandris have one of the most aggressive, hostile rivalries on the server! But no hostilties turned to violence. Yet. But it is a bit fun at times to see the pure sodium and irritation between the two.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Budly is totally the adoptive devil-father XD
Budly was very unique in the way that he was the only halfling I know of who was also really involved in Eilistraee and Shrine life. I like to think that Pearl still knows his kiddos at the Shrine, given he has.... 100 of them by now? ;)
Unlike cheap lasagna, Amia is 100% horse free! Nevermind.
Amarice-Elaraliel

Post by Amarice-Elaraliel »

Luckii is always fun to be around, has great humor and is such fun to tease.
walnutboy

Post by walnutboy »

As a player and a DM, Amarice is fun to rp against though I'm likely bias given how my character ICly looks up to Malandria. Mala's welcoming nature is often contrasted sharply with her dry wit, humour and cutting sarcasm!

Seemingly she plays other characters too... no doubt to equal skill and affect!
If it's raining, look for Rainbows.
If it's dark, look for stars!
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Ly'nes is one of those staple characters that I like to see around. She's very interesting, from Pearl having considered her a close friend to Luckii being VERY CURIOUS about the WEIRD QUESTIONS LY'NES WILL ASK SOMETIMES.
She definitely has more to her than meets the eye, from what she really is to her story that's evolved over the years.
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

Luckii is the number 1 source of intel on the Isle.

But more than that, she's been a major influence on Peggy for better or worse, with quite a bit more to her character than what meets the eye.

Doesn't play blackjack though, 2/10 would not recommend.
TheSojourner

Post by TheSojourner »

Peggy is not a character.
She's more like a walking natural hazard, a snrk elemental, a flirt avatar, a booze genie.
She's got this whole air of somebody that has utterly fallen into the pits of nihilism, and she's doing juuuust fine surfing that wave wherever it takes her. Just going forward, sailing forward however she can, tumbling with whoever she wants to tumble, and yet there's this sense that there's so much more to her, a very solid base of integrity that defines her personality, her thoughts, the way that she is how she is, and not just "pirate memes lel".
In other words, Peggy is the female version of Dirk.

... I also have the hunch that the stump leg is sentient, and it is slowly been taking control of the character, to the point that the version we see today of Peggy is just a hollow vessel, a larger puppet making a fool of all of us. But I still have to confirm that one.
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

(The stump is totally sentient.)

Ais.
What is there to say about Ais.
What is there NOT to say about Ais is an easier question. xD Ais is one of those characters that you know as SOON as you see him, you're gonna laugh. Luckii and Ais go way back, from being the best of friends, to hating each other for a short while, to... whatever-the-heck they are now. But no matter what is going on, Ais finds SOME WAY to crack me up IRL to the point that I rub my hands together like a deviant fly in preparation for laughs. I love the way he plays off other characters, too, since that's something I sometimes struggle with myself! No shortage of fun with this toon, I had mentioned him in the 'characters you miss most' thread a while back and I'm so glad to see him around again.
TheSojourner

Post by TheSojourner »

fun birb, likes seed much, yes

I've known Jingles for as long as I've been roleplaying, I believe, and when I was that wee lad just trying to figure how to speak with the foot that is permanently stuck in my mouth, I crushed on her characters so hard. She just knew how to pull witty and flirty together.

Luckii exemplifies the style Jingles aims for in a character; a sentimental creature with a dash of fun, profound personality and a very intricate and reactive emotional status, that you can see turning and waving with the smallest choice of words, as she takes great meaning in the actions of other characters, what they choose to say or do, and it is always reflected in her demeanor, in her expressions, in her mood. There's something precious to say about a character that is still emotionally vulnerable, that hasn't gotten all jaded and cold to the nonsense that is adventurers life, and that is still open to the possibility to try her luck, and that things may simply not go her way.

Also. Bird jokes. Kwe.

Raua

Post by Raua »

Ais is a wonderful blend of zany copperiness and serious depth. Even from yeeeeeeeeeeeeearrrrs back, I remember him, and immediately got that impression. Funny ain't superficial.
Seen as [DEV] Raua or...

Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

I never even once saw Matthias, so I'm gonna instead comment on another character...

SELIM. And how much I miss her sometimes, that little rat! "Oh, Captain, I sure didn't do anything bad!" *she says, after murdering an innocent barkeeper in cold blood for no fucking reason*

No but seriously, Selim was pretty dope and Peggy's little pet-project, truth be told, to see if she can't turn her into a genuinely good person just by being there for her!
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Peggy actually pulls off being a genuine pirate, refreshing to see that side of things touched. Specially nice when you catch her softer side under that brash drunkenness, but has depth. Can't wait to see more of her pursuits underway.
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Charles plays quite a few characters, all enjoyable, but the one that sticks out in my mind the best is Jack.
Though evil, Jack plays the part of a manipulative shifter fairly well, where you aren't ever REALLY sure if he's evil or not. Toss in the fact his most-used forms all go by different names, and you never truly know who it is you're talking to. Also, major kudos for putting those said names in the bio, it makes things a thousand times easier on people like me who would absolutely forget everyone's name if they weren't hovering above heads. XD
Budly

Post by Budly »

Effie is one hell of a little...Genasi Halfling? Lot of personality in a little package. Whats up with the tiny little shadow? He better act properly that little bastard! Which he seemingly does not considering how much Effie seems to have argued with him : )
Active :
Sevk

Post by Sevk »

Though I haven't been able to run into them a fair bit now, Xa'chena's interactions with Barrililath have always been enjoyable. At least from my end, they seemed to carry some uncertainty and yet a fair bit of similarity. Two creatures of war trying to find a place in the world.
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

I like Xa'chena quite a bit, as does Peggy, if not for their constant banter between them almost rivaling that of Peggy and Ania sometimes, then because she genuinely tries and succeeds in being a better person, something Peggy tried and failed at numerous times..
Yimmi

Post by Yimmi »

Peggy is an amazing character... you can judge the cover of the book (which smells like booze and... other things) but you woulnd't get the deep of the character. Having interacted with her with two PC and getting to know what really motivates her only makes me admire more the character.
Other than that I had fun with Orianna for some time and with Peraga too, specially the short time she interacted with Jacob
-Hjalmarr Arneleif: Skol!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...
Budly

Post by Budly »

Sylveera once shot Jacob and ruined his cloak. He took it rather well to be honest. At the end, I think they had some odd kind of mutual respect even if they perhaps had no love for each others. Arrows stopped flying!

Yimmis poor Dwarf was grumpy but felt like a special kind of guy that got harassed by a certain other character with a lot of personality!
Active :
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

Budly and Andy had a thing. From Andy going from freelance to kohl, back to freelance, to club, to freelance, to kohl. Budly was there by his side the whole time. Telling everyone that had ears how much he thought Andy was a POS and other things. It made Andy mad, but I appreciated how you stuck to your character.

Andy and Sylv were similar ish lol.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Raua

Post by Raua »

One wi’ de shadow

Tempest is a bit of an enigma, but that makes it fun when his Gran gets to smack him upside the head.

Surprisingly moralistic as well, he’s got his code that he sticks to which isn’t often suitable for polite society, which is fantastic to see play out.
Seen as [DEV] Raua or...

Yimmi

Post by Yimmi »

Sythea is a really deep character that has grown quite a bit since her arrival to the island. I believe she's more capable than many around and even if she knows it she acts like she isn't, which is even more amazing.

Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

From what I gathered about Kwame, he seems ot be a pretty down-to-earth, classical Chultan - Who seems to enjoy the fact that Peggy is absolutely worthless when it comes to animals.

Though I'm sure theres more depth to be found in time!
Beans
Location: The guy in the corner of the Prancing Pony not speaking to anyone.

Post by Beans »

Something positive about Peggy? Can I just list a few STDs? ;)
Peggy is a lot of fun to be around in general, giving and taking banter are one of this characters best qualities imo.
Don't go in that tall grass!

Active Main; Kruumir Drunkaxe; Clangeddin Silverbeards fury given flesh! :banghead:

Formerly;
Colter Wenemeiger; the self-absorbed wizard/merchant. ;)
Shade Illith'vir; Good for nothing tiefling. :twisted:
serbiris

Post by serbiris »

Colter has this really down-to-earth sense of normality. Rather than being jaded or flamboyant or reckless like most adventurers he's a bit more circumspect and shows reasonable amounts of fear, which really stands out and creates a nice contrast with his typical company. I've no doubt there is more to him than that, but I haven't yet had a chance to see much of it yet...
Raua

Post by Raua »

Oh the many things I can say about Velden... WHICH I SHALL NOT

I actually really like Joren, and especially Daern, who is such a stark contrast of personality to this lad's main. For a dorf, he's interesting to stalk. He's a bit rigid, moral and dutiful which I know is a bit of a challenge to enjoy playing, but I can tell there's a lot of enjoyment behind him.
Seen as [DEV] Raua or...

Yimmi

Post by Yimmi »

Sythea is and will always be an amazing character, deep and with a lot to tale for those she chooses to share with.

Matthias is such a fun character to be with! Even if I couldn't hang much with Aedan and him!

Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

Bjalfi was one of the most entertaining Northerners to ever grace Amia with their presence. And achieved that, while being played by some South American Intellectual, go figure!
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Pirate.... captain... peg legged... once you get to know them they are a sweetheart if you can get past the grit its worth it.
TheMadMage

Post by TheMadMage »

Oof rezzing this thread since Charles isn’t among us, but loved RPing with his shifter that thought he was an undead. Jack was a gangsta
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

Ashar has had conflicts with tempest, andreus, and Lazarus. But one thing I like about him is determination.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
ninjamonkey2000

Post by ninjamonkey2000 »

Pinkham is the worst- Oh wait.. Positive things about characters? Oh well, Tempest is cool, I can't understand a damn thing he says, but he's cool. Andreus is best boi. Just kidding you're the best Pinkham
Mahtan

Post by Mahtan »

Ninjamonkey plays the legendary kitchen ninja Riley. She makes fancy treats all the while being a pretty big deal in Wiltun and Caraigh. Her Drownasi daughter needs to visit T'rissvyr's Drownasi son at the Shrine again. They are missed. Please bring cookies.
speedgrab

Post by speedgrab »

Mahtan, the portrait updater extraordinare. Always just say "Yea sure I'll roll with that", and has been receptive and positive in our conversations!
+ Dill the Goblin + speedgrab#9638
GreatPigeon

Post by GreatPigeon »

Player of all the best support characters there every were. Yatari is my most fav. Their kobbo is amazing. And Dill is the sweetest old lady.
Dark Immolation

Post by Dark Immolation »

I do miss Ardok hanging around Rikku and the other Hoarites. I remember him being a good foil of a relatively balanced person with a healthy respect for vengeance, as opposed to my PC's "God told me to punch you in the face" vibe.