Amia Staff Information

All the other miscellaneous information you may need, such as DM information, spell changes, subrace information, etc.
Jes
I like dragons.

Amia Staff Information

Post by Jes »

Amia Staff information

Show Staff Application

If you would like to apply to join the Team, use this handy form and be as detailed as you can! Members of Staff are consolidated and can pick and choose which duties they wish to perform, based on their current interest, and can change between them as inspiration (and availability) calls for. See below for Staff requirements based on which duties a Staff member selects.

Please indicate which duties you are interested in: Developer, Tester, Request Handler, Dungeon Master, or a combination.

Staff ApplicationPosition(s) Desired:
Player Name:
Characters Played:
Time Playing Amia:
Time Playing NWN:
Any Relevant Past Positions (Here or Elsewhere):
Any Relevant Past Work or Experience (Here or Elsewhere):

Explain why you wish to join the Amia Staff:

Show Full Staff Guidelines and Procedures

Staff Procedures and ExpectationsAll members of Staff are publicly labeled as Staff. There is no longer a specific distinction between DM or Dev, but Staff members must still choose to opt-in to perform those tasks. Not everyone will want to do DM tasks, just as not everyone will want to do Dev tasks.

General Policies
  • Each Staff member must indicate the duties they wish to perform (Duties: Dungeon Master, Developer, Tester, Request Handler). Multiple duties can be chosen.
  • Each Staff member who opts in to DM or Request Handler will gain access to the live DM client for those purposes.
  • Staff members who opt in to DM must keep a clear log of events and duties. One-off events can be logged after the fact, but events which require multiple sessions must be written up beforehand to ensure consistency with lore or other ongoing/completed stories. Items that must be logged include:
    • Event story summary.
    • Important points that involve server lore.
    • Players and NPCs involved.
    • Rewards given.
  • If a Staff member fails to adhere to the above requirement, they may lose DM client access. This will be discussed as a group, where the Staff member will have a chance to improve.
  • Opting in to DM duties includes gaining access to all discussion and IC forums, as well as attending to administrative duties, such as handling rule breakers.
  • Staff members who opt in to Request Handler duties may answer any request. Staff members who opt in to Developer duties may only answer Module Change requests. Those who only opt in to DM or Tester duties do not answer any requests.
  • Each Staff member with access to the DM client will be logged and tracked in the database.
  • Staff members will not be able to log into the DM interface while playerside.
Activity Policies
  • Staff members who opt in to DM duties must perform all DM duties: Running events, participating in the monthly plots when you can, and player administration.
  • Staff members who opt in to Developer duties must always have a project they are working on: Scripting, area work, or haks.
  • Staff members who opt in to Tester duties must make an effort to see to requested Tester tasks.
  • All Staff members are expected to maintain a satisfactory level of activity:
    • DM Duties: You are expected to log into the DM client at least once a week to run events. You must also handle or report conflicts/rule breaking among players.
    • Dev Duties: You are expected to work on your projects regularly (though at your own pace, of course). Check in at least once a week, even if you haven't finished anything that week.
    • Request Handler Duties: You are expected to log into the DM client to help a player requesting aid whenever you are available to do so, and to evaluate and approve requests on the forum.
    • Tester Duties: You are expected to check the Tester To-Do List on Discord and test the requested items when you are able. Check in at least once a week, even if you haven't tested anything.
    • Multiple Duties: If you have more than one set of duties, it will be harder to maintain the activity expectations, but each will still apply. Think carefully before choosing more than one.
  • Breaks and Inactivity:
    • Any member of Staff may go into Off-Duty mode at any time. If it will be longer than two weeks, you will receive a public Away label.
    • Any member of Staff who goes inactive without a word for two weeks will be given the public Away label automatically. This does not give any negative standing. RL happens!
    • Any member of Staff who goes inactive without a word for one month will be removed from Staff, but can of course return when they are back. This does not give any negative standing. RL happens!
Etiquette Policies

Individual Staff members represent the staff as a whole, so there will be some expectations for behavior:
  • You are expected to be friendly and courteous to other Staff members and to players.
  • Disagreements in discussions are natural and help keep ideas flowing, but do not disrupt discussions with angry outbursts or off topic points that do not further the discussion, etc..
  • If you are upset, step back and be prepared to apologize if you took it too far. Everyone is allowed to be human and make mistakes, but maintain a healthy team environment by taking accountability.
  • Leave RL politics and any other disallowed or controversial topics out of the game (and Discord), whether with players or other Staff members. Amia is not the place for it.
  • Maintain a professional attitude when speaking with players and other Staff alike. You can be familiar and fun and silly, of course, but this is more in reference to conflicts or discussions.
  • You are expected to set aside any bias you may have. This means you must DM for a variety of players, or complete a variety of Dev work, for example. You are not to hyperfocus, as other players may well feel left out or will actually be left out.
Disciplinary Policies
  • Any Staff member found to be cheating or helping someone else cheat will be immediately removed from Staff and will receive a ban dependent on the level of harm caused.
  • Any Staff member who cannot abide by the above Etiquette Policies will receive a formal warning, which will be determined by majority of Staff.
  • Any Staff member may initiate a report against another Staff member. They must provide screenshots and explain the situation, which will result in a Staff discussion about handling it. Includes:
    • Rule breaking
    • Behavioral issues
    • Problematic bias issues
    • Inactivity/logging concerns
    • Any Staff issues they've received from a player (remember to ask for screenshots)
  • Disciplinary actions against Players will only be handled by Staff members who have opted in to DM duties.
Staff Leads
  • There are two Staff Lead positions. These positions do not grant any particular authority over others, but it is their job to keep everything organized.
  • Head DM: Expected to maintain communication between DM Staff and development Staff. Expected to assign tasks and help motivate other DMs with their stories and events.
  • Lead Dev: Expected to maintain communication between development Staff and DM Staff. Expected to assign tasks and help motivate other developers with their projects.
  • Neither role is individually responsible for disciplinary action. Inter-staff issues will still be brought to the team as a whole. This removes the risk of misrepresentation or burnout.
  • Regular votes for Head DM and Lead Dev will happen every 4 months. (End of month in January, May, and September.)
  • Votes for a new Lead can take place before scheduled if the current Lead has failed to follow activity guidelines or if they are problematic in their role, as determined by a majority of Staff.
  • Any Staff members who have opted in to DM or Dev duties will be eligible for the respective positions, but they are able to refuse if they do not want to do it.

-----------------

Staff Members

Note! Most Staff Members prefer to deal with Amia related issues only when on duty, which means when they are on the DM Client or via the forums or Discord. When a Staff Member is player-side, most wish to just relax and play. Please only contact them for things related to their Staff duties when they are on the DM Client or through Discord/Forum PM.

Head Dungeon Master: Legion (as of Jan 30, 2024)
Lead Developer: Jes (as of Feb 1, 2024)
  • Next Vote: May 31.

Dungeon Master DutiesView bio: AlbacksenSend PM
View bio: Amarice-Elaraliel (Away) ― Send PM
View bio: Bag of FeltSend PM
View bio: JesSend PM
View bio: LegionSend PM
View bio: Lord-JyssevSend PM
View bio: Mahtan (Away) ― Send PM
View bio: Pinkhaml86Send PM
View bio: SonicXSend PM
View bio: TheRogueSend PM
View bio: ZoltanTheRedSend PM

Request Handler Duties View bio: Amarice-Elaraliel (Away) ― Send PM
View bio: Maverick00053Send PM
View bio: Pinkhaml86Send PM

Developer Duties View bio: Amarice-Elaraliel (Away) ― Send PM
View bio: Lord-JyssevSend PM
View bio: Maverick00053Send PM
View bio: Opustus (Away) ― Send PM
View bio: SonicXSend PM
View bio: The1Kobra (Away) ― Send PM
View bio: ZoltanTheRedSend PM

Tester Duties View bio: UCFGooseSend PM

Away Staff These Staff members are currently Away and officially off-duty.

View bio: Amarice-ElaralielSend PM
View bio: Opustus (Away) ― Send PM
View bio: The1Kobra (Away) ― Send PM

Machine AccessThese individuals have direct access to the machine and can troubleshoot more complicated server issues. If the server is down and you think it should not be, contact these individuals here on the forum or on Discord. Note: Check to make sure it's not just a standard reset or previously-announced downtime.

ZoltanTheRed ― Send PM | Discord: zoltanthered
Jes ― Send PM | Discord: jesacondrey

All staff members participate in discussions related to Amia server or policies. DMs will need Development input in order to make changes, so everyone is aware of what is possible or efficient. All participate in discussion/voting for Devs, Testers, and DMs. DMs maintain separate story information and rulebreaking logs.

-----------------
 Show Staff DC Payment Guidelines

Dungeon Masters and Request Handlers
  • Anyone who logs into the DM client will be paid 2 DCs every 2 hours.

DevelopersArea Projects
10 DCs: Made from scratch or extensive redesign
5 DCs: Moderate redesign or changes, or temporary event areas
2 DCs: Minor changes and updates[/list]

Scripting Projects
10 DCs: Made from scratch/New scripting project/Initiative for server growth (+10 added per project when using the 5 DCs/script as noted below.)
5 DCs: Scripted Requests (Can be added to based on complexity of request) (5 DCs per individual script when it's an unclear mix of from scratch/tweaked scripts with variable time investment for large projects)
2 DCs: Scripting changes or bug fixes in said script

Other Projects/Misc.
1 DC/3 hrs : Programming/Scripting/Building (Base Time Payment)
1 DC/3 hrs : Model Making

TestersTesting Projects
1 DC/2 hrs: In-Game testing
1 DC/4 hrs: Toolset/Amia C/Module testing/Third-party testing

These are baselines. Staff Leads can award bonuses at their discretion for those who go above and beyond. Because we love our Developers and Testers and they deserve to be compensated well in the only way we really can do so!

-----------------

Regarding Settlements

DMs do not have specific settlement assignments - although some DMs may have an area they work with a lot, such as Amarice's oversight in Winya Ravana. If you need a DM for something in a specific area and any existing player settlement leaders cannot answer your questions, please send a PM to the Dungeon Master group on the forum detailing what you need. You can find the DM Group by following these steps:
  1. Click here.
  2. At the top, there is an "Add Recipients" box. Ignore that and look to the right of it to a smaller box called "Add Groups".
  3. Scroll through the groups until you see Dungeon Master. Click it to highlight it.
  4. Go back to the left under the "Add Recipients" box and click the "Add" button underneath it.
  5. Compose your message and Send as normal.
 Show Screenshot

Here's a screenshot to help, with simplified steps:

Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Cromlech - Protector of Ostland and Wanted Criminal
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Jes
I like dragons.

Jes

Post by Jes »

JesPositions: DM, Developer
Call me: Jes
Avatar: [DM] Hlal, [DEV] Dragonmama
Characters: Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis, Ailahra, Cromlech
Login: Jesification
Areas of Focus: Personal Plots, Djinn. Area Development, Hak Additions
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord (jesacondrey)
Timezone: CST/CDT (USA)
Availability: Any day or time with enough notice, except for Mondays and Thursdays.

I joined Amia in 2006 and became a member of the development team in 2009, and a DM in 2019. I've just been around a long time! So I can answer questions or help with most things. I have a good grasp on a lot of lore, or can find it if I need to. I also have a specialty in dragon lore. So hit me up if you need anything! My Discord and forum PMs are always open!
---
Maverick00053

Maverick00053

Post by Maverick00053 »

Maverick00053Position: Developer
Call me: Mav, Maverick
Characters: Levexal, Techsmith Tokas
Login: Maverick00053
Areas of Focus: Development of the server almost exclusively.
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord (Maverick00053#8485)
Timezone: PST (USA)
Availability: I am pretty much available on discord at all times, and if I dont respond immediately I will eventually get back to you.

I have been on Amia since 2006. Over the years I slowly worked myself onto the DM team, and eventually fell into the roll of mostly helping develop the server. I have had my hands in most systems that have been updated over the last few years, so if you have any questions or want to direct your hatred at someone feel free to contact me.
Jes
I like dragons.

Amarice-Elaraliel

Post by Jes »

Amarice-ElaralielPosition: DM
Call Me: Amarice, Ama, Crazy Cat Lady, Forest Tyrant
Avatar(s): Devilcat, Auril, Titania
Character(s): Malandria Luelven, Ainé (those are my mains at least)
Login(s): Amarice-Elaraliel
My Areas of Focus: Maintenance; small to medium plots; Fiends; Druids and Shifters; Fey; Horror; Spiritual/Totemic things; personal plots; item balance
Amia Areas I tend to: Winya Ravana, Wave & Serpent Adventuring Guild
Other Contact Info: PMs, Discord
Timezone: European
Availability: Weekdays: european evening times; Weekends: flexible with sheduling

About me: I've been playing NWN since it was released and joined this server many years ago. I've also been roleplaying well before NWN itself, both in PnP and LARP.

My main lore focus lies with fiends and druids, however I am also quite knowledgeable with elven and fey lore.

During the weekdays you will mostly catch me online in the European evening hours. I am more flexible when it comes to weekends, as I do not work then.

I consider myself an often calm and level-headed person, so feel free to contact me if you have any issues and I will try to help sort them out.

Otherwise I am your usual geek/nerd, despite being female, with a liking for video games, comics, books and movies.

And of course, I love cats.
---
Legion

Legion

Post by Legion »

LegionPosition:Dungeon Master
Call me: Legion
Characters: Maximillian Du Lac, a handful of others
Login: We_Are_Legion
Areas of Focus: TBD
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord Legion#3557
Timezone: PST Seattle/Los Angeles
Availability: Weekday evenings/Most weekends

I've played on Amia off and on since 2007/08 returning to more playing time as of 2020. I have previously DM'd and Dev'd for other persistent worlds. If you need any assistance please let me know. I am happy to help.
Bag of Felt

Bagoffelt

Post by Bag of Felt »

BagoffeltPosition: Dev, Request Helper
Call me: Baggy, Felt
Avatars: [DM] Mean Nasty Horrible Old Lady
DM Mistress of Darkness
Characters: Many, currently Booyahg Dargrath, Zaldi
Login: bagoffelt
Areas of Focus: Misc. Lots of stuff needing to be done, and I am going where the need is.
Timezone: GMT +1
Availability: Usually from about 5pm to 10pm M-F, off and on 9 am to 10 pm weekends.

I have been around Amia since about 2016 or so? I do not consider myself an expert. It's a big world - explore!
Last edited by Bag of Felt on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The bag of felt holds the jewels of fate.
Albacksen

Albacksen

Post by Albacksen »

AlbacksenPosition: DM/Dev
Call me: Alex, Albacksen.
Characters: Deanic, Rubielee, Karla and others.
Login: Albacksen
Areas of Focus: Slice of life, Personal requests and (primarily) social character driven plots.
Timezone: UTC +1
Availability: After 4 pm UTC +1, more open on weekends.

I'm a casual and friendly guy. Been around Amia since the good old Reyes plot. As a DM, I love hearing about stuff you want to do as a player and how I can help make them happen.
Mahtan

Mahtan

Post by Mahtan »

MahtanPosition: Developer, Request Handler
Call me: Maht, Mahtan
Characters: T'rissvyr, Bellardia, Azaquis.
Login: Mahtan
Areas of Focus: Models and in game design editing.
Timezone: PST
Availability: After 6 pm PST, more or less available on weekends if planned.

I been around Amia for a long while. If there are questions regarding the server or ideas you'd like to pursue, I'll be happy to help. I can assist with much of the SD lore Amia has, assisting with requests and personal plots.
Last edited by Mahtan on Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pinkhaml86

Pinky

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

PinkyPosition: DM / RH
Call me: Pinky / TheLogman
Characters: Thadeous J. Finch
Login: TheLogman
Areas of Focus: Spicing up hunts, Rp lurking, forum stuff, judging from afar.
Timezone: Mt
Availability: late Mt time. 6-8 pm est during the week, sporadically on weekends.

Ive been on amia for many moons. Been in nearly every faction at least once with different toons. Finally taking a shot at the topside faction. Looking very forward to messing with every single one of you.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

Post by Lord-Jyssev »

Lord-JyssevPositions: Developer
Call me: Jyssev [He/Him]
Characters: Vixarra Mae'tyl, Felix Durstige, many others
Login: Lord-Jyssev
Areas of Focus: Area Development, Scripting, Job System Improvements, Quality of Life
Other Contact Info: Lord-Jyssev#5751 on Discord
Timezone: GMT -5/6 (CDT/CST)
Availability: I pop in at odd hours, often times in very early mornings my time (Noonish GMT). Thursdays/Fridays tend to have more availability, but hardly any evenings or weekends.

Hey there! I've been playing on Amia off and on since 2006. I love the server and am excited for the opportunity to dev for it! In the olden days, I used to make bad (and unreleased) mods for Baldur's Gate games. But it showed me a lot about scripting, game resources, and 3D. A lot of my interests for the server are in quality control and elevating some of our existing content to be the best it can be. I'm also into environment design, most things involving Photoshop work, 3d Modeling, and world building. Player side, I gravitate towards evil characters and am always down to devise some plots with y'all!
Opustus

Opustus

Post by Opustus »

OpustusPositions: Dev
Call me: Opustus, Mitro
Characters: Desdemona, Habsi
Login: Opustus
Areas of Focus: Bugfixing and documentation
Other Contact Info: PMs, Discord (Opustus#4543), email (mitro.hyvarinen@gmail.com)
Timezone: +3 UTC/GMT
Availability: I do 6 hours of dev work every Sunday, except when I don't because I can't! If you contact me on Discord, there's a fair chance you'll get lost in the feed (i.e. I forget to message back), so forum is preferred for discussion.

I focus on bugfixes and documentation. Please use the forum Improving Amia -> Bugs to report bugs! You can ask me about anything, even my mother. Or yours.
SonicX

SonicX

Post by SonicX »

SonicXPosition: Developer
Call me: Sonic or Dev
Characters: Chief Dahak Two-axe, Delia Vandree, Visaeryn Kil’urden
Login: SonicX
Areas of Focus: Drow and devils and demons
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord SonicX or Greg His Kahn
Timezone: PST Wine Country CA
Availability: Early mornings/ weekends and some week nights

I been around for some long long years since pre split and Amia’s start. I pretty much stick to playing and testing and looking for things that or broken or I break them. I am also open to help players new and old learn their way around and collaborate on ideas!!! Feel free to hit me up anytime with questions, usually best to hit me up on Discord.
[/quote]
Last edited by SonicX on Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
UCFGoose

UCFGoose

Post by UCFGoose »

UCFGoose Position: Tester
Call me: Goose, Gooser, Gooserino, Drew
Characters: Kuria, Lorenzo, Elor, Afasika, others
Login: UCFGoose
Areas of Focus: Whatever comes up
Timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Availability: Spotty. I work seven days on, seven off, 13 hour days. Everything else I try to balance family, working out, drinking, and tang soo do, with my strange desire to destroy all gnomes.

Husband, father, retired professional wrestler, beer aficionado, and student of life. Playing D&D since the mid 80s. Bald, fat, perpetually angry, and funnier than you all think.
ZoltanTheRed

ZoltanTheRed

Post by ZoltanTheRed »

ZoltanTheRed Position: Developer, DM
Call me: Zoltan
Characters: Corrick Vostryl
Login: Zoltan
Areas of Focus: Basically everything
Timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Availability: Typically every week night. Definitely weekends.

Dad. Engineer. Super nerdy. Love creative writing, love software development. Simple as. I've been with the Amia team since 2015, and Amia is a match made in heaven for me. I'm the one behind the scenes building up infrastructure and making sure the server runs smoothly. I've spent quite a few sleepless nights making sure that this server can be run in a sustainable way.
TheRogue

TheRogue

Post by TheRogue »

TheRoguePositions: DM,
Call me: Chris
Avatar: [DM] TheRogue [DM]TheDarkDaddy
Characters: Jarl Roland Shadowflame
Login: TheRogue
Areas of Focus: Shadowfell related, DM events, Chaos and destruction, NPC interaction.
Other Contact Info: TheRogue via Discord
Timezone: MST(Arziona)
Availability: Monday thru Friday evenings, anytime during the weekends
About me: Nothing special, just a normal guy who enjoys D&D and video games, I'm a father of three and I've been playing on Amia for a while now, I think myself as a person whose lay back, so feel free to message me if you have an idea, or just to chat!