Questions About DC Item Point-Buy System

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Jes
I like dragons.

Questions About DC Item Point-Buy System

Post by Jes »

Almost forgot to make this.

Post here if you have any questions about the new system indicated here!
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Jes
I like dragons.

Re: Questions About DC Item Point-Buy System

Post by Jes »

Added a Melee/Monk gloves in the equipables box because the options for those were not clear.

Did some minor formatting tweaks.
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Finished updating epic loot pricing here.
---
GreatPigeon

Post by GreatPigeon »

Can these be added to non DC items that already exist? I read they could go to current DC items.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

No, because you haven't paid DCs for all those other properties. You pay DCs to get the benefit of customizing gear to what you want based on the properties present in the Point-Buy lists.

Otherwise any gear that has properties you can't purchase in the Point-Buy system would throw a wrench in the balance we fought over for months. xD

I'll have to double-check with the staff to see what they think about the epic loot side, though, since you don't have to pay DCs for those. But I can say that you absolutely cannot do it with epic loot that has properties that are not in the Point-Buy properties lists (so definitely no to doing it with the elemental immunity rings, for instance).
---
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

That's a no to modifying existing epic loot.

So "upgrading" will only apply to specifically DC-bought items.
---
GreatPigeon

Post by GreatPigeon »

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=3793

This is a poor ruling imho. If bullets can be non tradable then so should other items be able to flag that way too so someone can have their silly five thousand slots.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Nope. We went back and forth on even putting ammunition into the list. The only reason we mark them no-trade is because they can be spread around to infinity and beyond with the magic ammo bags. Has nothing to do with trading normal DC items. No-trade also means no putting them in bags. Which could be very annoying if we did it for all DC items.

Opustus had a better solution for those holdables anyway.
---
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Hey,

Far more understandable system with DC requests now thank you for that! At least is for me. I do have one question, I dont understand or I missed... What is the Auto +5 AC on armor? Is that for classes which cast spells for that or... for all? Can I request an armor without +5 if I have a toon without caster class for that?
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

No, they're required for everyone now. That's because this is built on a system that will be used in-game. Since we won't be marking all DC items as plot/cursed so they can't be traded (or thus put in any bags), we have to have a universal system in place for everyone that supports DC item trading. Non-casters could otherwise make non-AC variants and give them to casters. Which of course defeats the purpose of any such policy.
---
GreatPigeon

Post by GreatPigeon »

What about DC items that don’t have powers described here that are previously paid for?
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Any powers not described in the new system would need to be assigned a point value, then. But it would probably be high and eat up spare points anyway. Because they're probably not included now for a balance-related reason. Either that or they were forgotten and could be added. Either way, that's case-by-case and would require staff discussion for unmentioned properties.

I have a list going of properties people have asked me about that I'm gonna present to the team soon, so if you have anything you want to see added, post here so we can present them to the team, too.
---
GreatPigeon

Post by GreatPigeon »

What about damage v alignment?
birdbrain101

Post by birdbrain101 »

Is bonus shield AC restricted to shields?
Ohh ... and does it stack with Indomitable?
Tomira (Dancing Moonbeam) / Gru'ushnak (winged half-orc, collector) / Liam (The Golden Boy) / Narloth (Jeweler, part-time sniper) / Enirick (Knight Errant of Garl Glittergold) / Timothy (My name ain't Weasley) / Anien (Not that kind of nymphomaniac)
Mahtan

Post by Mahtan »

AC added to shields will always mechanically be Shield AC. It's just how NWN works, so it's not going to be possible to add other AC types to them. You also can not place Shield AC on anything else Mechanically over items.

Indomitable is Shield AC added over scripting similar to Duelist and Two Weapon Fighter, but you can't use a Shield and Indomitable at the same time. Shield AC will not mechanically stack, the highest value only applies.
birdbrain101

Post by birdbrain101 »

Mahtan wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:25 pm AC added to shields will always mechanically be Shield AC. It's just how NWN works, so it's not going to be possible to add other AC types to them.
okay, interesting ...
Mahtan wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:25 pm You also can not place Shield AC on anything else Mechanically over items.
Well, here's the thing ... I have been on at least one server where a char of mine had bracers with shield AC on them ... hence the question if this would be possible via a DC item. Are you saying that other server must have had special tricks in their haks to enable that? (I mean, sure, if you _want_ to have that is a whole other bag of arguments.)
Mahtan wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:25 pm Indomitable is Shield AC added over scripting similar to Duelist and Two Weapon Fighter, but you can't use a Shield and Indomitable at the same time. Shield AC will not mechanically stack, the highest value only applies.
that makes sense.
Tomira (Dancing Moonbeam) / Gru'ushnak (winged half-orc, collector) / Liam (The Golden Boy) / Narloth (Jeweler, part-time sniper) / Enirick (Knight Errant of Garl Glittergold) / Timothy (My name ain't Weasley) / Anien (Not that kind of nymphomaniac)
Frozen-ass

Post by Frozen-ass »

birdbrain101 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:42 pm
Well, here's the thing ... I have been on at least one server where a char of mine had bracers with shield AC on them ... hence the question if this would be possible via a DC item. Are you saying that other server must have had special tricks in their haks to enable that? (I mean, sure, if you _want_ to have that is a whole other bag of arguments.)
We work withdefault nwn (and dnd) rules on that specific topic. So only offhand can have it here. Bracers have armor and gloves deflection.

Other servers might use hombrew rules and have modified it to work difirently (which haks are used for yes)
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

Boots - dodge (stacks)
Amulet - natural (no stack)
Ring / helm / cloak - Deflection (no stacking)
Armor / bracers - Armor (no stack)
Shield - shield (no stack)

The only ac that stacks is dodge up to 20. The more you add the more you get. All other AC takes highest value only.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
birdbrain101

Post by birdbrain101 »

fair enough, thanks.
Lurko

Post by Lurko »

How much would a +3 regen, posion and desease immunity and + 5 lore Helm cost ?
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Cost is based on the number of points you put on an item: 5 Base cost + 3 DCs per point added.

So for these properties, it would be like this:
+3 Regen = 6 points
Poison Immunity = 2 points
Disease Immunity = 2 points
+5 Lore = 0 points (Personal Skill)
10 points (Which is fine for helmets)

10 x 3 = 30 DCs
+ 5 base cost
35 DCs
---