Job types - best fits

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
pdesbois

Job types - best fits

Post by pdesbois »

hi there,

i tried searching for more info on Job Types and what they actually demand and offer. i know one can only have 2 jobs (primary and secondary).

I would like to know more about them befofre assigning any to my starting Rogue.

As someone more fit for things demanding intelligence, personality and dexterity, I tend to think (from the list provided on Amiaworld excel sheet) on Alchemist, Artificer and Scholar. But I am not clear on what each may demand and offer. Can you please point me towards the right source to find out more (or simply answer if you feel like)?

EDIT: So I decided to go Artificer as 1. option and found this dude in some Trade Hall. Got a book, can se a table where i would put stuff, and...? How do you actually do a job? Shouldnt the dude assign me something to do/ build?
Dark Immolation

Re: Job types - best fits

Post by Dark Immolation »

Have you checked the tabs at the bottom of the excel sheet? These will bring up the recipes and descriptions.

Most things are made by gathering resources from the gameworld(herbs, crops from jobs, etc) and then combining them at the proper station. In the case of artificer, let's say you wanted to make a wand case. You'd first need to get a silver ingot(either from a PC that has the smith job, or finding ore and refining it yourself) and shadowtop planks(from an architect PC, or again, going through the process yourself). You'd place both items in an artificer station and a menu will pop up that will allow you to make the wand case. Hope that helps.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

This is something that has been discussed and plans for making the list and descriptions involving job system changed for better ease of access to read. For the time its in the side panel as an excel list of information.
Bhaalorian

Post by Bhaalorian »

The job system functionally requires you to gather resources which can be harvested through either your own job, or harvested via other jobs (Ideally your seconday job with the most of your primary job's resources, like primary alchemist and seconday farmer or primary blacksmith and secondary miner, etc)

You put the combined resources into the job node (The desk) and a menu will pop up which you navigate to the item you want to create, and if you have the right resources in the desk at the time, it will create the item, netting you XP and costing a small bit of gold.

It's super easy once you get the hang of it, and a steady supply of resources.

Some jobs are also more reliant on PC gatherers than others, like alchemist you can do most if not all your own stuff with just alchemist and farmer, but some jobs may be a bit harder if they use a lot of different resources from a lot of different jobs.

Also as most resources don't actually weigh anything anymore, you're not terribly restricted on what jobs you can take as the job system is more meant to fill the niche of being a 'hobby' than an actual job, ironically. You can have a fighter/WM who is a primary scholar, or a assassin whose favourite job is farming, etc as your build doesn't actually play any role in what you can and can't do for a job, downside is you'll likely find most wanted resources are in unusually dangerous places, like Mithral or Adamantine ore being found in the fire giants lair, or something.

Also a some options are level-restricted, so if you're not seeing an option on the menu pop up, you likely don't meet the level requirement to craft said item.
Laura Jarshall, High priestess of Velsharoon
Nicha Caerus, Priestess of Ilmater
Elwyn Sabel, Warlord of Tempus
pdesbois

Post by pdesbois »

thank you all - yes I saw the excel tabs but had know idea what those items meant or how to get them, Now i know it is not something just buying from a merchant etc...

I saw Artificer can try and build a golem. is this like a summoning/ companion/ henchie? would it level up just as you do ?

thx again!
p.
ddad62

Post by ddad62 »

Dark Immolation wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:54 pm Have you checked the tabs at the bottom of the excel sheet? These will bring up the recipes and descriptions.
Is this in the forums someplace or where is the job recipe description.. looking for the new artists stuff please. (For Lysander)
Been playing D&D since I got the Red box set new, back in the day.

Been playing NWN since 2010, I love it here and on World of Greyhawk, they are my 2 PW I game on.
ninjamonkey2000

Post by ninjamonkey2000 »

Here's a list of all the jobs and the list of it all

Just click the tabs on the bottom of which job you want to look at it for a list of things they can make

EDIT: This list can be found on the left tabs on the main page of the forums