Character Concepts 1 & 2 (Subconsciously made them both evil...)

Have a concept or need one? Looking for lore to suit an idea? Character concept-related topics here!
Cyristus

Character Concepts 1 & 2 (Subconsciously made them both evil...)

Post by Cyristus »

Considering making another toon! But I'm having a hard time nailing down a concept. I'd like to hear y'all's thoughts and feedback!

1) The Psychopathic artist! I ran into a short 3-panel comic strip (there's apparently a whole manga!) that presents a super neat character concept: an absolutely twisted artist who paints using the organs of her victims. She would be highly charismatic traveler, always on the hunt for her next victim to torment and tirelessly seeking to satisfy her basest desire to finally craft her masterpiece. Without getting into the nitty-gritty of picking class, race or mechanical features, I would make her a Neutral-Evil character. Of course the projections of her vile arts wouldn't be limited to paintings: she could also make dwarf-tallow candles, elf-ivory trinkets, powdered-hin pottery, or human-leather wares all-the-while capturing the proverbial (and literal) humanity of her subjects in her art! Since the materials would be foundational, it would be impossible to know if these products were once people unless you try to cast a resurrection spell on a painting...

"Isn't it lovely?! It took 15 people to come together and make this painting a reality for you! I hope you like it?" <3

I thought this would be a neat villain-character concept to play out since there's no Sense Motive skill in 3.5E, at least not to my knowledge.
FB_IMG_1614695339721.jpg

2) The Pompous Swashbuckler! Duelist! That's the only class I NEED for this one and this is gonna be a little cliché buuuuuuuuuuuut... Think French Cloak & Rapier style, a vain and overconfident character who dresses outrageously and leaves little to chivalry as she relentlessly mocks her opponents. She jeers at the poor, picks fights where she can take any and all advantages, and will prolong a "fight" with a lesser opponent and prick them until they bleed to death out of sheer entertainment. Lots of dancing, twirling, and leaping! I'm thinking Neutral Evil again, but also weighing on Chaotic Evil.

My only concern is that this character's personality (since they're somewhat similar) may bleed into a becoming a swashbuckling Alrune or visa-versa.

Note: I can only attach 1 photo in a post, so no cloak+rapier image concept for y'all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Valydia, the Clueless Cavalier
Alrune, Palemaster of the Wandering Magisterium
Louhi, the Curious Disciple from Calimshan