Kingdom of Kohlingen

Current DM plotlines and all other official in-game happenings.
Bag of Felt

Kingdom of Kohlingen

Post by Bag of Felt »

It has been a while since the burning of Kohlingen, the move to Fort Cystana, the rebellion and razing of the construction site. Lord Mortimer had been depressed about all that had happened to a Kingdom he was devoted to. He doesn't see a good legacy for the young prince at this time. He shakes off his lethargy to right things, once again.

He begins with a proclamation:

Unto all citizens of the Kingdom of Kohlingen, I send greetings.

I am working on a report on the Kingdom's standing on supplies and resources, including the resources of its people. Please send to offices of Fort Cystana:
Name:
Rank (if any):
Occupation/Jobs you use to benefit the Kingdom:
Efforts you wish to see:

By my hand,
Lord Walter Mortimer
Flamerule, 1390 DR
The bag of felt holds the jewels of fate.
Jes
I like dragons.

Re: Kingdom of Kohlingen

Post by Jes »

When Sui'Aerl sees the proclamation, she writes down her response and sends it off to Fort Cystana. She then heads back to her room in the Triumvir to try to finalize a document she's been writing for far too long.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Cyristus

Post by Cyristus »

Valydia reads the written proclamation of the king from her rented room in The Wave and Serpent Adventuring Guild. She quickly prepares a quill and ink, then begins to write.

To the Office of Cystana Valydia, Physician with a history of farming.

My high praises to you, my Lord, in these difficult times. I am sure I speak for the world when I say, I look forward to seeing the City of Kohlingen returned to its former glory and more.

I offer to you, my service as befits my station and aide for the needs of the Kingdom.

Valydia beams as she rolls up the "Raise Dead" scroll she wrote on the back of, blissfully unaware this is a social misstep, and seals the scroll plainly with wax. She gathers her equipment and prepares to sail for Fort Cystana, to personally deliver to the offices in Cystana, aboard Captain Guston's ship.
Valydia, the Clueless Cavalier
Alrune, Palemaster of the Wandering Magisterium
Louhi, the Curious Disciple from Calimshan
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

A few days after the message arrives in Greengarden, a parcel is dispatched to the Cystana council hall.
Login: OldManArchon
Playing: Aernoud, Kohlingen Exile
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

Walter shook his head. " 'Walter Mortimer, Lord Protector of the Kingdom of Kohlingen' up to my eyeballs in paperwork!" He sighed. "At least the laws have been solidified. I think I need to be active this next phase. Perhaps a ride through the Kingdom to see what is what is in order. Low key. No fan-fare. Just a word or two with the people who are out there. See what needs to be done."

As he spoke, he became more animated and energized. As he called for his horse, he thought to himself, "I should have done this a long time ago."
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

Cyristus wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:38 pm Valydia reads the written proclamation of the king from her rented room in The Wave and Serpent Adventuring Guild. She quickly prepares a quill and ink, then begins to write.

To the Office of Cystana Valydia, Physician with a history of farming.

My high praises to you, my Lord, in these difficult times. I am sure I speak for the world when I say, I look forward to seeing the City of Kohlingen returned to its former glory and more.

I offer to you, my service as befits my station and aide for the needs of the Kingdom.

Valydia beams as she rolls up the "Raise Dead" scroll she wrote on the back of, blissfully unaware this is a social misstep, and seals the scroll plainly with wax. She gathers her equipment and prepares to sail for Fort Cystana, to personally deliver to the offices in Cystana, aboard Captain Guston's ship.
A secretary brings the scroll with the offered services to Mortimer. He looks at both sides before giving an ironic chuckle, then turns to the secretary.

Please convey to this Valydia that there is a current opening for Physician. See if you can set up an interview with her.

He then turns to his next project.
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

Captain Hope strides into the offices of Lord Mortimer with her usual serious demeanor, salutes him and waits with a concerned look on her draconic features.

"What can I do for you, Captain?"

"My lord, I have gotten a report from the guards that are stationed in the area of the Construction Site. It appears that there are malformed creatures there, although one night guard reported seeing body parts on the move as well."

The Protector shows no doubts at the unusual report - he knows the captain too well to think this hasn't been verified before being brought to his attention. He sits up straight and barks an order to a guard standing at attention near the entrance to the room.

"Have warning signs put up immediately on the road that goes through there. We need to find out what is going on in that area. Anyone who might go through there should report their findings so we can determine where these things are coming from."

//Approximately levels 18 - 23
Revak

Post by Revak »

After a brief skirmish with the creatures the Captain of the Winyan Guard would send (if permitted by the High Captain) a small handful of archers to support the Kohlingers in holding the northern causeway.
Ania Viranirn - Alcoholic Elf
Azeriel Caerus - Servant of the Triad
T'riss'ace Reynolds - Xas!
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Not long after word of the strange creatures spreads to his corner of the island, Aernoud delivers a few jars and vials filled with samples of the malformed creatures, including a hand and an oversized ant to the Mystran encampment in Cystana for examination.

"It really is peculiar. There are deformed wolves and cats, gnomes, hands, these giant ants, and perhaps more in the area. I thought they were undead at first, but it doesn't seem to be the case. They're more dangerous than they look too. They have the ability to petrify, they can breathe disease clouds, and they're tough and resistant to fire. It's a good thing Ania, Rosary, Mayna, Deanic and others were there to help me get these. I am hoping you can make sense of these things, before they spread."
Rulakh

Post by Rulakh »

After her venture with Aernoud and companions, Mayna Thorn delivered a wide array of samples to Alrune. So she may share it with their peers in the Wanderieng Magisterium.
She thoroughly debriefed what she encountered there.
Cyristus

Post by Cyristus »

Rulakh wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:31 pm After her venture with Aernoud and companions, Mayna Thorn delivered a wide array of samples to Alrune. So she may share it with their peers in the Wanderieng Magisterium.
She thoroughly debriefed what she encountered there.

Alrune finishes setting up containment chambers and prepares defensive enchantments. In each, she has samples of live warped ants, muscle tissue, hair, and a hand that twitches.

Alrune shudders.

She prepares a small family of rats, courtesies of the Southport sewers. Which she will conduct experiments about how the disease/spell proliferates, in order to understand how to contain the spread and ultimately destroy the ailments.

Pixsiis carries written missives to Hel'vyst, Ashe, John, Ember, and Tempest, wherever they may be. In short, the missive reads:

"I hope this missive does not find you in distress. There are strange happenings in the outskirts of Kohlingen. I was briefed by Mayna Thorne.

Asking politely seems to be a skill lost on those looking down on the rest of society from their gallant stallions and overpriced suits of armour. A̶ ̶v̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶o̶v̶e̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶,̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶.̶ ̶

As the resident 'corpsefucker' I find myself obliged to lend my specific set of skills to aide those who have prepared a lovely pyre in my honour. I will fill you in as soon as we convene at the former Conclave building."
Revak

Post by Revak »

As the samples reach the other institutions scattered on the island, a sealed box with a wide array of samples would find itself handed over to the Grove and addressed to Malandria.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

When word reaches Sui'Aerl regarding this incident, she makes her way to Fort Cystana when she finds a lull in her current work so she can meet with the Mystrans and the Council to offer her assistance.
---
Rulakh

Post by Rulakh »

Mayna also delivered samples to T'riss of the Shrine
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

Walter calls the council of the Kingdom of Kohlingen to discuss matters of importance. The scribes make copies of the agenda for each of the members. Rumors start to fly initiated by the more loose-lipped of the copyists.

Walter frowns a bit as word gets back to him on some of these rumors.

"I hear the council will be expanded!"

"There will be discipline of a noble! I wonder who caused the problem?"

"Why are they changing the name of the kingdom? What a stupid unnecessary thing to do!"

"They really should focus more on fixing all this construction business!"

"I wonder what will be done about those mutated things? That should be a priority too!"
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

((Parking this link here since it deals with the Construction Site: viewtopic.php?p=32468#p32468))
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

Walter Mortimer, Lord Protector of the Kingdom of Kohlingen, looked up to see the Dowager Queen Zellani Simmons literally bouncing into his study. He smiled tiredly as he stacked another set of parchments. Where does she get all that energy?, he wondered. Here he was sitting around with papers being tired, and there she was bouncing around with energy, and a gleam in her eye. He stood as she came in.

"My lady, a pleasure to see you. What can I do for you?"

A smile quickly hidden passes over her features.

"Well, Wally, I have good news and bad news, which I hope will soon become more good news. What would you like to hear first?"

He raised a brow. "Better have the bad news first."

She then replied with relish her adventures in the Construction Site area, telling him what she had observed, the joy of adventuring definitely coming through her serious demeanor of discussing a problem that concerned the kingdom. She shared some notes that she had gotten from Malandria Luelven, Great Druid of Oakmist Vale Grove. She concluded with, "So you see it is still a problem. I will be discussing this with Malandria and Corrick to see what might be done, but I am sure we can come up with a solution!"

He smiled fondly at her optimism and enthusiasm. This is the kind of energy our kingdom needs these days, he thought to himself. It is a shame that Gregory is so ...detached... these days, and that they both abdicated. She obviously continues to care for the welfare of the people here. I am glad that she came back, and that she has found useful things to do.

He blinked a couple of times before he said,
"So...that is the bad news? What is the good news?"

Zelly came around the desk to pull him toward the door. "You really should get out more. Come see how the construction of the city is doing!"
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

Lord Mortimer receives a missive from Duke Aernoud Van Brabant of the Greengarden area.

My lord, you should be made aware of some nuisances that have come up in areas that are still unrecovered in the old city of Kohlingen. Sir James Tanner has been reporting to me concerning these things, and it is becoming serious enough to pass along to you.

Where the heart of the old city stood, vermin have invaded the debris that is still scattered throughout it. It has become so bad that there are rewards offered for the tails collected. We are hoping we can get help in managing this problem to keep down the threat of disease. ((levels 3-5))

Additionally, the leakage from the Positive Plane rift as begun affecting the sea-related life in the Radiant Garden Keep peninsula, even as it has affected the plant growth. So not only are the plants over-sized, but these animals are as well, although they are only a little more dangerous than the rats. ((levels 5-8))

Finally, the manor north of Greengarden has collapsed. We knew it was unstable, and had been trying to keep people from wandering through it. Most have stayed away, with the exceptions of the occasional looter. But apparently something shifted within the structure when it collapsed, or there was more going on there than we knew about, because now we have undead wandering around in that area. ((levels 8-12))

I send this to you in the hope that you will dispatch personnel to help with the matter, or at least publish this to the populace for their safety and to gain their help.

In the service of the Kingdom of Kohlingen,

Duke Aernoud Van Brabant

After reading the missive, Walter sighs deeply, and makes note that there needs to be a resident physician to deal with things like headaches. He then Posts to the populace of the kingdom for their safety and to inform them. He also has posts copied to other settlements to make sure anyone who might visit is aware of the problem.
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

The Kingdom of Kohlingen Council met and have handed down the following decisions:
  • The City of Kohlingen has been renamed to Greengarden to alleviate confusion between the city and the kingdom. The lands being vast, it has been divided into districts for governing.
    Greengarden: Duke Aernoud Van Brabant currently governs in the district known as Greengarden in the Name of the Crown, with all subjects there swearing alliegence to the Crown in the person of the Duke, just as the Duke swears to the Crown in the person of the Lord/Lady Protector or the Regent if the Crown is unavailable/under aged. Area of governance is Greengarden and its outskirts.
    Feylake: Lady Rose Eddington currently governs in the district area known as Feylake in the Name of the Crown, with all subjects there swearing alliegence to the Crown in the person of the Lady, just as the Lady swears to the Crown in the person of the Lord/Lady Protector or the Regent if the Crown is unavailable/under aged. Area of governance is Feylake, Feylake West, and the Manor Grounds. Large portions of this area are currently unable to be repopulated due to undead. Efforts to clear this out are under way.
    The Old City: Sir James Tanner currently governs in the district area known as The Old City in the Name of the Crown, with all subjects there swearing alliegence to the Crown in the person of the Knight, just as the Knight swears to the Crown in the person of the Lord/Lady Protector or the Regent if the Crown is unavailable/under aged. Area of governance is The Old City and The Radiant Garden peninsula. Large portions of this area are currently unable to be repopulated due to infestation of vermin and radiation from the Possitive Plane. Efforts to clear this out are under way.
  • It was clarified that the North Pass is under the jurisdiction of Whitestag.
  • An edit was made to the Laws of the Duchy of Greengarden to further explain Treason.
  • The Council of the Kingdom of Kohlingen is being expanded to include two more commoners, one from Greengarden, one from Whitestag. These will be in addition to Thoven Shieldheart, who resides in Fort Cystana. Nominations are being considered.
  • The Regent of the Heir speaks for the Heir on the Council.
  • There are still vacancies in the offices of Court Physician and Magister. Please send applications to the Council of the Kingdom of Kohlingen, care of the offices of the Lord Protector.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

After these announcements come about, Zelly can be seen going into City Hall with some papers, looking pensive. She leaves again soon after, the papers gone.
---
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

The rise of the undead on the old manor grounds was a setback. It should have been a grazing field for sheep, goats, and rothe - providing meats, milk, and wool to trade. The animals had fortunately been saved, but where were they to roam now? The old city grounds were infested with rats, and the bandits outside the western gate would be quick to make off with any animal that strayed too far. Only the fey lake remained, but that brought its own complications..

His father had once told him "two needs make an opportunity". The undead needed to be culled regularly to avoid them wandering into the farms and town. The militia had been trained but needed actual fighting experience. And the undead that currently wandered the area were many but not powerful - he prayed they would remain not-powerful.

And so, the young lord of Greengarden led half of the militia into the field, to defeat the enemies of his realm. He personally baited the dead into the waiting line of spears and crossbows. He stood beside them with directions and encouragement, cutting down any undead that proved troublesome. An hour later, they returned behind the barricades - with a few scratches, but greater confidence. Tomorrow, he would take out the other half.
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

The Council unanimously names Zellani Simmons as the Regent for James Simmons. Rumors spread of Gregory Simmons being seen - but that he seemed less than he once was.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

The new Regent went into the City Hall in Fort Cystana late last night, offering the guards a weak smile as she passed. The matter of Gregory's state of mind weighed heavily on the copper kin, understandably and noticeably. She stepped upstairs and went into the record hall library next to the throne room, where she found Aernoud already browsing the books on a shelf.

The two spoke quietly for some time before returning to their respective record-searching. Zelly remained for a few hours afterward, mostly reading anything she could find about the Red Knight and her followers. When she finished and finally left the room, she looked exhausted and worn. Still, she offered the guards a small smile as she left.

She made her way back home and sighed heavily as she entered. She took a moment to check on James, who was still fast asleep in his room. The nanny had stirred from her reverie when Zelly came in and offered to make her some tea to help her sleep - she had grown accustomed to Zelly's tendency to sleep instead of reverie herself.

Zelly took the tea and sat with the nanny for a little while, just sharing in the quiet but friendly company. She then went to check and see if Ania was in her guest room, and went inside quietly to lie down on the couch in the room. She curled up on her side and buried her face in one of the couch pillows, taking a shuddering breath as she willed the tea to work well tonight and let her fall asleep quickly despite the fear in her heart that Gregory, who was probably sitting awake in their room right now, was already lost to them again.
---
Revak

Post by Revak »

Ania would have been at the Simmon's estate quite a while before Zelly's return. Not one to idle and simply relax herself she would have offered to help the nanny with any tasks that needed handling and even offered to oversee James to the best of her abilities, otherwise she would have quietly gone through reports and read her own selection of literature brought with her from Winya Ravana privately in the guest room.

When Zelly came into the guest room Ania would make the best attempts to provide any comfort she could - be it simply listening to Zelly or trying to distract her from the current problems she and her family faced. She would then watch over Zelly as she slept as she quietly sipped away on her flask as she read away long into the night.

When Zelly awoke from her troubled rest Ania would have returned to Winya Ravana to perform her duties for the day. She would have also found a large well worn tome residing on one of the side tables emblazoned with the symbols of Tempus and the Red Knight, with a note attached:

Note Borrowed it from Rethgaard. Think it will have what you're looking for.

Ania
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Missives are sent out to citizens and allies of the Kingdom of Kohlingen, inviting them to attend a gathering in Fort Cystana in three days hence - meeting in the City Hall. They are signed by Regent Zellani Simmons.

// Friday November 4th at 5pm EDT/9pm GMT!
---
Frozen-ass

Post by Frozen-ass »

The ambassador of winya sends a formal reply to note they will gladly attend.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

A small package is delivered to Zellani. Inside would be a beautifully carved emerald in the shape of a dragon not very large, but clearly great care went into the craftsmanship of this gem figure. The gem when picked up by anyone with copper dragon blood in them would let off very dim light from within the dragon. With a note inside.
When you doubt yourself remember your bloodline little one.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

The planning for the Cleansing of the Construction Site is underway...

// Here's a link to a Doodle for scheduling the Cleansing! Anyone who wants to be there to help out, feel free to fill it out!
---
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

The Council of Kohlingen was in a closed session. Sometime during the meeting Lord Walter Mortimer storms out, and cannot be found when a guard emerges later making inquiries after him. The guard meets with a woman at the market, and returns to City Hall with her. She enters the building slightly put out, as if inconvenienced. She later emerges a bit more calmly, looking thoughtful.

The rest of the Council members, minus the Regent Zelly, exit out side doors. They look both relieved and excited.

Soon after that, Regent Zelly calls her meeting to order.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

The meeting began with a request for drinks and food, which Malandria fulfilled by making a plentiful arrangement on a table for the guests. Lady Zellani began her address by announcing that Ruth, a transient Scion of Siamorphe from Waterdeep, had Communed with The Divine Right to determine if a claim by Zellani to the throne would be recognized and legitimate. Zellani said that the Scion had reported it true, and that she would be going about the kingdom to see if the majority of the people would welcome her taking the throne. She openly stated that she would not just do it without the people's input.

She also announced that the Council had rescinded their decree regarding the split of the lands of Greengarden, as it was not within their right. She went on to briefly discuss military matters, trade considerations, and the various difficulties that plague the kingdom. There was some focus on the Construction Site, getting everyone prepared for the Cleansing "ritual" which would hopefully restore the land to a healthy state and stop resulting in any further mutations to the wilds - or the animation of body parts.

The group gathered also spoke of Greengarden's undead, sea-faring animals enhanced by the positive energy rift, and the rats in the old city grounds. They discussed a few options for handling those issues, and Zellani offered to dispatch three Everguard to assist further.

After checking in with any issues that allies may need help with, Zellani closed the meeting by announcing a Harvest Festival for Greengarden, which Duke Aernoud would plan for later this month, and a Winter Gala for Nightal which she would plan for Fort Cystana.

It was a most concise meeting, by Kohlingen standards, and Zellani looked rather cheerful and optimistic at the end of it. Afterward, she was seen near a construction area by the gates with Corrick and Devlin, going over some ideas for a structure there.

The day after, she traveled all over Fort Cystana, speaking with the people and mingling with them. She was full of smiles and cheer, asking how the people were doing and if they needed help with anything, alongside gauging their responses to the news of her potentially taking the throne again.

Later in the day, she left with Sir Casimir of the Everguard, her personal bodyguard and escort, to visit Greengarden with the intent to do the same there.
---
Frozen-ass

Post by Frozen-ass »

Unannounced without preset meeting the elven ambassador seems to have made his way to cystana, seemingly for an urgent matter seeking a meeting with the Regent zellani, which was quickly granted.

They retreated to the townhall upstairs for a lengthy talk, when returning the ambassador seemed rather worried and alot of thoughts floated his head. He remained for a time in cystana with the regent and a few others. Before setting of to make various reports.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

An emotional conversation between several familiar faces takes place in the square in Fort Cystana, where the Regent Zellani Simmons is heard declaring that she will be placing the guard on alert and mobilizing the Everguard to the Simmons estate to ensure the safety of the Crown Prince.
---
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

A concerned worker walks back home deep in thought overhearing a conversation.
Puresoul

Post by Puresoul »

After discussing with Zellani Simmons and friends, The Warrior-Priest Devlin Faramond appears to have taken up unofficial patrols around Cystana and near the Simmons Estate.
Devlin Faramond - Warrior Priest of Tempus
Aithne The Red - Red Dragon Disciple, Leader of the Obsidian isle and Bronze Dragon Slayer
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

In the midst of the chaos, messages go out to interested parties that the Cleansing of the Construction Site will take place in five days.

//Sunday Nov 13th at 2pm EST/7pm GMT.
---
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

To those with an eye and an ear for such, rumor spreads about a gathering in Greengarden that took place soon after the one in Cystana - and caused quite a stir. As rumors do, they soon take on their own life.

Some say the duke intends to march on Cystana. For some reason. Something with the council doing high crimes.
Some say lady Zellani was outed as a Harper. Or the Harpers are mounting a coup to install Lady Zellani as queen. Or some such.
Some say the prospect of having a dragon-person as a queen nearly caused a riot.

Regardless, things in Greengarden are tense.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

And not much later, news spreads quickly - that a messenger from Cystana tried to assassinate the Duke at his own home. The man was briefly brought back to life and questioned, prompted a kobold and black-clad bard to fly west on a pegasus. Though no official word has yet been given, rumors spread as they tend to - that Harpers are responsible.

In response, the usually quiet and welcoming Greengarden has squared its shoulders and become decidedly less welcoming. The gates are kept closed to all but the very known and very trusted, with lesser visitors subject to intense scrutiny. Barricades are set up where walls do not reach, to funnel travelers towards wary guard posts. The militia are out in greater numbers, patrolling and preparing for .. something.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

-Placeholder to go more in detail-

It would seem that the candle light is burning long through the night and into the morning at Fort Cystana for one women. She personally be looking through records and documentations. Many government officials and fellow guards are awoken throughout the night to be asked questions, verification of documents, alibis would be tracked down awoken and questioned. At the wee hours of day break a certain guard would be at the Queens office preparing her reports to go over.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

The Regent of Kohlingen encourages the people of the kingdom to put their faith in the Triad's guidance; that Torm's righteousness will bring them the truth; that Tyr's vigilance will bring them wisdom; that Ilmater's mercy will bring them patience and careful consideration of all of these events. She asks the people to take care with rumors, for rumors are merely words that grow and warp the more they are passed around.

"The people of Kohlingen are kin, one people. We stand together one and all, give each other strength and comfort in trying times. We have all bled and suffered and grown. We have been struck low, and together come to rise again. With our steadfast loyalty to one another we will remain strong. We will make it through this, for our love for our kin, our brothers, sisters, and neighbors, is stronger than the foul attempts of the wicked shadows who would see us torn asunder."

Following news of the assassination attempt in Greengarden, Zellani orders a thorough investigation take place. The city is placed on lockdown and only those who are known and trusted are allowed in or out. The guard is on high alert, patrols are enhanced, and reserve units are called to serve. There is still much bustle about the city in the midst of the rebuilding and the guard is tasked with focusing on the safety of the people, as the Everguard and Parmunster house guards have the protection of the royal family's estate well in hand.

Ten Silver Dragons and three Everguard are sent to Greengarden, carrying a letter bearing the Simmons family seal. The letter is read publicly by an Everguard at the gate into Greengarden, either inside or outside, depending on whether Aernoud would bar them entry.

"People of Greengarden,

The royal family of the Kingdom of Kohlingen encourages you to stand against the wicked machinations of those who would undermine the tenets of the Triad and Bahamut, upon which our kingdom is founded. Rumors and speculation are the weapons of those who would oppose the honest and just. Tyr's and Torm's teachings would remind us that truth can be found with tempered zeal, and Ilmater teaches us to have mercy in our hearts. Bahamut reminds us to love and forgive.

"These tenets have guided our people for many years. We have strength together that our true enemies cannot overcome. I have sent more Silver Dragons and the promised Everguard to assist with the troubles we face in Greengarden. It is my hope that the additional Silver Dragons can further assist in keeping the people of Greengarden safe from any further threats from outside influences who would use petty tricks to pit Greengarden against Fort Cystana.

"May the Triad and Bahamut watch over all of us as we endure these trying times together.

Zellani Simmons
Regent"

((Okayed by Charles1810))
---
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

The group of Silver Dragons and Everguard finds the gates closed and fortified, and militia crossbowmen in the towers. More crossbowmen stand on the ridge overlooking the southern approach, shielded behind hastily constructed wooden covers. The Duke stands among them. After curt greetings, the gates yet remain closed while the Everguard begins to read the parchment.

The response from the Duke is a silent glare, and a murmur to someone behind him. Moments later, the gate opens only to allow a single spearman through - to collect the letter and bring it up the ridge. There, the letter is given a personal read-through - and finally words towards those below - and perhaps to those around.

"You tell that--!" A deep breath. "Tell Lady Zellani that the assassin from Cystana claims to have been hired by a Silver Dragon. And tell her the king, her husband.. that she swore fealty to... to whose authority she willingly submitted, and who she swore to obey... was murdered by one wearing the armor of a Silver Dragon. Tell her my family.. and all families loyal to the king.. are not 'assisted' by blades that may turn against them yet."

"Tell her that if she wants truth.. that she needs to stop trying to rewrite our history.. and stop trying to bend our people into the service of the dragon god Bahamut."

"Tell her, if she wants the mercy and forgiveness she so easily speaks of.. that she abandons this mad quest to take the throne, and yields to the rightful inheritance of Crown Prince James Simmons, true and rightful heir of King Gregory Simmons. "

"Now, go and tell her that."
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

The Everguard clears her throat then in a strong commanding voice states the following:

All those loyal to the Kingdom of Kohlingen and the lawful rulers thereof, including the Regent Zellani Simmons, soon to be Queen in her own right as named by the Scion of Siamorphe Ruth Winter of Waterdeep, are called to come forth, that you may find safety in the arms of the Kingdom of Kohlingen in Fort Cystana. All those who have sworn oaths to defend the Kingdom of Kohlingen are commanded to leave for their own safety.

A few of the citizens, mostly those who have no ties to the land, edge toward the gates. The Silver Dragons and Mage Guard, along with Lady Eddington and Sir Tanner, make their way as well, standing as guards to the few who dare to come with them. They look up to where the duke stands as they move toward the gate, hoping to be unmolested.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

There is a tense silence when the proclamation is made, and for a moment it looks like bolts may fly. But then, a gesture, and the bows are lowered. The gates are opened, and Aernoud makes his way down. He looks at those who choose to leave - especially the common folk - with genuine sadness and disappointment.

"I wish it could have been different. I pray you will always find yourself on the side of justice, friends. Be safe. Mother bless."

Non stand in their way. Aernoud watches them leave as the gates close. Non see the corner of his mouth briefly curve into into a smile.
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

The assembled leave through the gate. Once outside and out of bowshot, all of them look relieved. Many look sad.
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

As the assembled leave green garden, a single handed lord perched atop a ridge could be seen keeping eye on the gate. He stays quiet and leans on a tree, eating some wrapped bread. He doesn't hide, he doesn't speak, he doesn't move, he just presents himself so the district knows he is there.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

An announcement circulates, placed upon every prominent entrance and exit in Fort Cystana, as well as multiple copies sent directly to Greengarden via courier.

A Warrant for Arrest
People of Kohlingen

Before King Gregory Simmons abdicated the throne due to his failing health, he declared that the Council and Lord Protector would oversee our Kingdom in his place. They have dutifully tended the kingdom in his stead since then, as decreed by my husband.

While they have done well, they have not been perfect. This can be seen in the more recent decree regarding the split of Greengarden lands. Duke Van Brabant rightfully stood against this and was prepared to issue his own statement of summons, calling on them to answer for their transgression. He brought this to my attention after the same Council named me Regent, and he spoke to me as Regent in addressing this situation. As Regent, representative of the Crown Prince, I asked him to delay so that I could speak with them first in an effort to avoid conflict. The Duke agreed to my request, further illustrating that he accepted my position as Regent. Soon after, I stood before the Council on behalf of the Duke and pleaded with them to rescind their decree, as it was indeed beyond the scope of what they were lawfully able to do. They saw this wisdom after my meeting with them and they retracted their decree which would have overruled the former King's decree.

Thus Duke Van Brabant's insistence that he is above the former King's decree and does not recognize the Lord Protector or Council which the King himself charged with overseeing the kingdom is hypocrisy which is further underscored by his acceptance of me as Regent only when it benefited what he desired in that moment: for me to support him in dealing with the Council's overstep.

I take my position as Regent with due sincerity. I represent my son, the Crown Prince, in all that I do. This includes the recent request that the Council made for me to consider returning to the throne as Queen. I stated then that I would not do so without the support of the people. As such, I am not immediately your Queen and I have no desire to force the issue without the people's consent. I will only become Queen of Kohlingen once again with your support - and only for as long as necessary for the Crown Prince to come of age. Such has been the case since it was first asked of me, as it is not solely my decision which would determine this. I further have no desire to change the fact that the Crown Prince is the Crown Prince and set to take the throne on 22 Marpenoth, 1404 DR.

However I issue this announcement not as prospective Queen but as lawful Regent, as legal representative of the Crown Prince.

On behalf of Crown Prince James Simmons,

Zellani Simmons,
by royal investiture Regent of the Crown Prince

declares Duke Aernoud Van Brabant is charged with Crimes Against the Realm,
undertaken within and against the Kingdom of Kohlingen:

Treason
Usurpation
Blasphemy

He is called to surrender to the custody of the Council of Kohlingen within three days
To answer these charges and be judged.

May Tyr's justice account in all balance.
The king's law stands.
---
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Swiftly and silently two Militia Men are killed in the middle of the Green Garden. One's throat has been slipped while the other's head is impaled on the Pike of the spear man. A single worker saw too late, but saw never the less what happened. He retrieved Duke Aernerd and a few others... during the time of them investigating the man on the cliff came within the city walls to help those in the Green Garden. Alarms are sounded for the Militia to gather, it was at this time the worker that informed of the two militia men's deaths was found in a ally way with his throat slit himself. Out of concern the Duke orders all citizens to come within the Green Garden's Walls and to return to their homes until further notice. The Garden becomes full of life as men, women, and children hustle and shuffle into homes as militia begin patrols and barking orders loudly. It seems this may be a long night with many sleepless nights, as the citizens of The Green Garden feel the uncertainty and the fear of what is to come. Rumors begin to spread in the darkness...
Why is this happening to us?
Is Zellani behind this, and why?
Who are we to turn to if Aernerd is arrested?
The rumors some are spoken with sadness and some of them are with anger...
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Following the incident in Greengarden and the various reports from others who had been there, Zellani disappears into the City Hall in Fort Cystana, where she stays for some hours, various personnel coming and going at her behest. In the wee hours of the morning, Zellani summons the high priests of the Triad to the City Hall and they attend her upstairs for some reason.
---
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Zellani would every twelve hours get updated on the guard changes after roll call and formations. One of the follow four people would inform her depending on the day n the time:

Silver Dragon Jimmy Andrews
Silver Dragon Rebecca Love
Silver Dragon Julia Miller
Silver Dragon Annabell Rose

Security and patrols continue on high alert. Rumors of the deaths in Green Garden has reached the city. More than a few people are concerned, but take notice of the large guard force and sense of security.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Without much fanfare but what their arrival might cause, two men wearing the livery of Greengarden arrive in Cystana, escorted by a pink-haired halfling and a kobold. They make their way straight to the new temple of the Triad, delivering letters to the high priests, before departing again.

((with permission of the two respective players))
Cyristus

Post by Cyristus »

Jes wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:54 am In the midst of the chaos, messages go out to interested parties that the Cleansing of the Construction Site will take place in five days.

//Sunday Nov 13th at 2pm EST/7pm GMT.
*Those attending the cleansing ritual might notice a large double ring summoning circle on the grounds, cased in silver dust.*