Bucking Remorhaz!

Have a concept or need one? Looking for lore to suit an idea? Character concept-related topics here!
Eowmir te Baru

Bucking Remorhaz!

Post by Eowmir te Baru »

Dorje Siachen is a monk and member of the Order of the Red Rose, a daughter house of the Order of the Yellow Rose. To further his training to become a Master of Dragons, he has been sent to Amia by his master Rinpoche from his home monastery in Damara to reside with Master Tsn and the monks of the Crouching Lemur. In his residence he is to focus on learning, service to the island community, and to train for his Master of Dragons test. According to the Forgotten Realms Wiki (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki ... e-Martyred), to become a Master of Dragons, Dorje must successfully ride a remorhaz. While I am happy to simply make this a part of Dorje's story without RP, I am wondering if a DM would be willing to help me RP this dangerous test of skill. I am not sure how this might be done and I suspect that this is likely an impossible ask, but if any on the DM team is open to exploring this with me I would be very appreciative.

The setting for this test of skill would be in a glacial region and include Master Tsn and a few Lemur monks. Dorje would likely invite friends (his fellow members of the Rat Pack) to witness his test, and there could be some kind of purification ceremony prior to the event. The test itself would have four difficult components testing strength, discipline, and dexterity. Dorje would have to 1) lasso the beast, 2) jump on the beast's back and drive a pair of spurs into the shell of the creature, and then 3) ride the remorhaz for 100 yards before 4) extracting himself from the super heated worm.

Again, this is likely an impossible ask, but thank you for considering my request!
Elandril te Baru, Ranger and Master Scout
Dorje Siachen, Monk

May the Four Winds blow you safely home....
Eowmir te Baru

Re: Bucking Remorhaz!

Post by Eowmir te Baru »

Hmmmm....

Should I conclude that as there are no responses to my query that my request is not possible or should I conclude that I have not posted this question under the correct topic heading? Friends, give me a nudge please.
Dorje Siachen, Monk

Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

I would say this isn't really the right place to ask about request-related (personal plot) questions. This probably should have gone in a PM to the DM Team as a whole.

This forum is fine for batting around ideas for characters new and old, but not when you're wanting DMs to run something for you specifically. You'll have better luck PM'ing them as a group.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Eowmir te Baru

Post by Eowmir te Baru »

Thank you Jes giving me a better sense of direction with this RP idea- much appreciated. I will kick this over to a DM for possible consideration.
Dorje Siachen, Monk

charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Did you talk to any of us about this?
Eowmir te Baru

Post by Eowmir te Baru »

I am sorry but not as of yet. Any suggestion as to whom I might reach out to?
Dorje Siachen, Monk

Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

You'll have a better chance if you send it to the DM group instead of trying to single one DM out, as I mentioned in my previous post. The team very much prefers that PMs are sent to the whole group. You can add the Dungeon Master group to a PM instead of individuals by selecting them in the box on the right of the recipient list when you compose a PM.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Eowmir te Baru

Post by Eowmir te Baru »

Thank you Jess. I hope that I sent the PM to the DM team correctly.
Dorje Siachen, Monk