The Fellowship of Knight's Hallow

This forum contains articles, research papers, novels, histories, dictionaries, poems, prayer books... everything you'd find in a library.
PassionateShadow

The Fellowship of Knight's Hallow

Post by PassionateShadow »

All Surface Libraries and Given out ICLY in game.
Red – Gules: Signifies magnanimity, military strength, warrior and martyr.
Gold – Or: Signifies wisdom, generosity, glory, constancy and faith.
Silver / White – Argent: Signifies truth, sincerity, peace, innocence and purity.
WINGS: Usually borne in pairs on either side of another charge and denote protection.
SWORD: The age-old emblem of honor in battle. In a general context, the Three of Swords represents unhappiness, heartache, sorrow and sadness. 2 crossed swords pointing up means ready to fight and 2 crossed swords pointing down means the fight is over. An example of 2 crossed swords is a symbol used in heraldry and as a symbol of a battle.

DRAGON:
This fantastic heraldic Supporter symbolizes courage

noun: Fellowship
Friendly association, especially with people who share one's interests.
"they valued fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community"

The Fellowship

An official proclamation finds its way across the island and to the various surrounding isles.

As of the 3rd of Uktar the land formerly known as Bendir Bay has been officially claimed under the sovereignty of Lord Azier Ankara after being coronated by his people. The land formerly known as Bendir Bay is henceforth to be named Knight's Hallow under the protection of the newly formed Knighthood order - The Fellowship. The new fiefdom is set to be managed by a Council formed by the ranking Knights of the aforementioned Order. Introduction into the Fellowship is by invitation only, interested persons please seek out a current serving member. The Fiefdom is currently not welcoming non-combatant Citizenry at this time until suitable temporary accommodations can be made and the area properly secured.
Our Vision Statement

We are committed to preserving today and designing tomorrow through community camaraderie, communication, awareness, education, and community patrolling in action. Through cooperation we can better keep our homes safe.

Our Mission Statement

The mission of the Fellowship is to work in proactive partnerships with the law abiding citizens, and the local law enforcement agencies and governing jurisdictions, to address issues of crime, fear of crime and endangerment or disorder, to achieve the goal of maintaining the safety and integrity of our home while improving and enhancing the quality of life for all residents.

Values Statement

The Fellowship is a volunteer based, community oriented organization that actively patrols, investigates, and intervenes with 'problems' that crop up that could mean harm to the livelihood and peace of life for those on the island of Amia. The Fellowship is committed to being the extra eyes and ears for our community for our local law enforcers, watching out for each other, and networking to build strong community bonds.

We recognize and embrace the diversity of our community
We aim to work as partners with law abiding neighbors and our local official law enforcers
We are accountable for our individuals and team performance
Integrity is essential to our organization
We depend on the community’s trust, confidence, and support
We commit to making every contact designed to enhance that relationship
We have a positive attitude and will look to accomplishments rather than obstacles
ProclamationAs of the 3rd of Uktar the land formerly known as Bendir Bay has been officially claimed under the sovereignty of Lord Azier Ankara after being coronated by his people. The land formerly known as Bendir Bay is hence forth to be named Knight's Hallow under the protection of the newly formed Knighthood order - The Fellowship. The new fiefdom is set to be managed by a Council formed by the ranking Knights of the aforementioned Order. Introduction into the Fellowship is by invitation only, interested persons please seek out a current serving member. The Fiefdom is currently not welcoming non-combatant Citizenry at this time until suitable temporary accommodations can be made and the area properly secured.

Ankara

Lord Azier Ankara
Heiress Lady Victoria
LAWS

Laws of Knight's HallowLaws of Knight's Hallow:
Upon Entrance to the Hallow
You agree to abide by and follow all of the local laws and will yield to local law enforcement.
All weapons must remained sheathed.
The Guard may stop you to verify your identity and your business within the Lands of Knights Hallow
Anyone who defiles the sanctity of peace or breaks the law shall be punished according to their deed.
All sacred sites such as temples and shrines are to be treated with their due respect.
Obey instructions given by any official of Knight's Hallow

Forbidden Acts that will not be tolerated:
Blasphemous statements against the Gods and Churches.
Speaking the names of vile deities here.
Harassment
Violence, murder, and murderous intent
Extortion and blackmail
Theft and banditry
Aiding and abetting criminal acts
Disturbing the public safety and peace
Public indecency
Libel and slander
Summoning of undead or fiendish kind
Evil summons
Active worship to vile Gods

Spell Casting Summons Familiar and Animal Companions
The casting of offensive and or dangerous spells is prohibited.
Casting of defensive spells is permitted as long as it causes no disturbance of the peace or harm to yourself or others.
The use of summons of good or neutral nature, no larger than a human being, are permitted within the city grounds.
The summoner is responsible for all actions of the creature, and will be given the punishment as if he/she had himself/herself conducted the act.
The owner of any animal companions are responsible for all actions of the creature, and will be given the punishment as if he/she had himself/herself conducted the act.

Banishment
Individuals who fall into the following categories are not permitted here:
- Fiends
- Chromatic Dragon kins
- Known criminals.
- Blackguards.
- Any associate of Tarkuul
- Followers of evil Deities

Any one found breaking or violating these rules may be fined, asked to leave, could face permanent banishment, or be subject to trial by the Council

Code of Conduct
Follow the laws of the Hallow.
If you have a problem be sure to bring it forth immediately.
Report any and all suspicious activity.
Report to your duties on time.
Keep a clean uniform and remain well groomed.
Yield and follow the orders and wishes of the The Council.
Behave in the manner befitting your position.
Always seek diplomacy as a first resort.
Abide by the laws of jurisdictions you visit.
Be sympathetic to the plights of others and seek to assist and aid those in need.
Never Fight among yourselves. Treat each other with respect
Never torture Prisoners or Captives: They should be treated respectfully, and handled by the law.
Never Divulge private documents with those outside City Officials.
Extra work or Contracts out side of the Fellowship are prohibited; Ask the Captains or higher regarding any contracts of work out side what the Fellowship provides to garner clearance before accepting such.
AmendmentsAmendment 1: All officials and citizens are expected to follow our laws even when not on our lands. All officials and citizens are expected to follow the laws of respectful neighboring regions and abide by their laws when visiting their territories.
Penal Code1. Failing to yield to local law enforcement. [Detainment & Fine, or Banishment]

2. Blasphemous statements against the Gods and Churches / Speaking the names of vile deities here. [Fine or Banishment]

3. Harassment, Public indecency, [Short Term Detainment and Fine]

4. Extortion and blackmail, theft and banditry. Those caught doing so must return what they stole or otherwise repair what damages they have caused and face either [Community Service, or Detainment]

5. Disturbing the public safety and peace fine and repaying a societal debt through [Community Service]

6. Libel and slander, Offender shall be made to repair damages they have done and publicly state their mis-truths, may be subject to [Stocks] for day.

7. Active worship to vile Gods [Banishment & Excommunication]

8. The casting of offensive and or dangerous Spells. [Detainment, Fine, Community Service, or Banishment]

9. Treason: [Banishment, Excommunication, Exile and or Execution.]

10. Oath Breaking: [Community Service, Stocks, Excommunication, Exile or Execution]

11. Summoning of undead, evil creatures, or fiendish kind. [Detainment, Fine, Community Service, or Banishment]

12. Violence, murder, and murderous intent. Violence shall be paid in kind, murderous intent is to be brought to trial, and Murder shall be dealt with in a case by case basis and may lead to [Banishment, Exile, Excommunication, or Execution]
Terms DefinedBanishment- Punishment of being sent away from a country or other place; Barred entry.

Community Service- Punishment of unpaid work, intended to be of social use, that an offender is required to do instead of going to prison.

Detainment- Punishment to keep in custody or confinement.

Excommunication- Punishment by action of officially excluding someone from participation in and from services of the city.

Execution- Punishment of a condemned person by sentence of Death [Beheading].

Exile- Punishment in the form of the state of being barred from one's native country, typically for political or punitive reasons.

Fine- A fine or mulct is money that a court of law or other authority decides has to be paid as punishment for a crime or other offense. The amount of a fine can be determined case by case, but it is often announced in advance.

Stocks- Punishment in the form of public humiliation by being put on display typically with wooden frames.
Vile deities include but are not limited to the Following[hquote]Abbathor
Asmodeus
Auril
Bahgtru
Bane
Besheba
Bhaal
Cyric
Deep Duerra
Faluzere
Garaguth
Garyx
Grazzt
Grummsh
Ilneval
Kiaransalee
Kurtlmak
Laduguer
Lolth
Loviatar
Luthic
Maglubiyet
Malar
Mask
Mephistoteles
Moander
Myrkul
Orcus
Queen of Air and Darkness
Pazuzu
Sebek
Selvetarm
Set
Shar
Shargaas
Talona
Talos
Tiamat
Umberlee
Urdlen
Velsharoon
Vhaeraun[/hquote]

Oaths
Knight's AccoladeOaths

Knight's Accolade
Speaker: Come forth and kneel before [symbol of important or person].
Speaker : Be it known to all men that I, [Name of Knight or Councilor] am minded to raise [Name of Aspirant] by virtue of his honor, loyalty, valor, and skill at arms, to the high rank of knighthood.
[Name of Aspirant] , do you swear and acknowledge [Grand Master's Name] to be your true and lawful liege?
[Aspirant] I do so swear.
Speaker: Do you [Name] solemnly swear fealty to the crown, to uphold the virtues of the Fellowship and to serve it to the best of your faith and ability?
[Aspirant] I do so swear.
speaker: Do you also swear fealty to [Grand Master's Name] , to defend and obey him until he depart the throne, or death shall take you?
[Aspirant] : I so swear.(Knight or Councilor rises, goes to Aspirant.)
Speaker: Repeat after me: “I, [Name of Aspirant] , do solemnly swear and pledge my sword to [Grand Master's Name], my liege, to defend and obey him until he depart his demesnes or death shall take me, and to uphold the honor of knighthood.”
[ Aspirant] : (Repeats the above.)
Speaker: Let this be the last blow you receive without just recourse.
(Speaker delivers the coulee, striking Aspirant across the face or on the shoulder, sometimes hard enough to knock him/her down. Aspirant then kneels before his liege, placing his hands on the quillions of the blade. Speaker places his hands over the knight’s.)

Speaker: And I, for my part, do swear to defend and honor [Name of Aspirant] as befits a true knight.
(Speaker then taps lightly on both shoulders with the sword.)
Again he taps the blade on his left shoulder followed by his right.
I dub thee Sir/ Dame [Name of Aspirant] Arise, Sir/Dame [Name of Aspirant], Knight of the Fellowship. And let these be the last blows you allow to go unanswered.

Ceremonial Flourishes
In addition to the standard knighthood ceremony, there are sometimes additional ceremonies that may be added by regional custom or by the desires of the lord.
Beforehand: Vigil
Short Ceremony

Knighting may also occur without the pomp and ceremony given above. This ceremony, for instance, might be used on a battlefield to promote someone instantly.
NOBLE: Kneel before me, [NAME OF CANDIDATE]. (CANDIDATE kneels.) Do you acknowledge me as your true and rightful liege?
CANDIDATE: I so swear.
NOBLE: Do you pledge fealty to me, and swear your sword to me, to be forever at my service?
CANDIDATE: I so swear.
HERALD: Repeat after me: “I, [NAME OF CANDIDATE], do solemnly swear and pledge my sword to [NOBLE], my liege, to defend and obey him until he depart his demesnes or death shall take me, and to uphold the honor of knighthood.”
CANDIDATE: (Repeats the above.)
NOBLE (taking sword from CANDIDATE): Then I dub thee Sir [NAME OF CANDIDATE], and return this, my sword, to you to be wielded in my name. Arise, Sir Knight.
Guardian's OathGuardian's Oath
I, [NAME], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of Knight's Hallow against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Council of the Fellowship and Knight's Hallow and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Laws set forth by the Fellowship. And I will act in a manner befitting my position.
Citizens OathI hereby declare, on oath, that I will abide by the Laws and Constitution of Knight's Hallow in accordance to peace by penalty of Law.
[The Counci 'Inner Circle']
Council Members ensures that the will of the citizenry is represented. They oversee international relations.
They may play a judicial role and lead prosecutions and investigations by inquiry in the Court of the Fellowship

Grand Master- Lord Azier
The Grand Master is the primary leader of the kingdom. Unlike the other leadership roles.
Grand Master is the supreme authority, Often Fights in battle and leads on the battle field.
Serves as a judge, or person learned in law, for the Court of the Fellowship. Must over see tribunals and pass judgment that fits the crime.

Senechal / 'Commander' Sir Matthew
The Grand Master's Right hand man and advisor.
Responsible for administrative Duties.
Manageress the Order's lands and Estates.
Organizes the movement of men and supplies.
Organizes tax collection, and manages the treasury.
Is military officer responsible for providing quarters, rations, clothing, and other supplies.

Marshal - Vacant

The Marshal helps organize patrols and enforces justice in rural and wilderness regions.
Can serve as a public executioner, or royal enforcer.
Observes the kingdom’s underworld and criminal elements.

General - Avithoth

The General commands the kingdom’s armies.
Leads the kingdom’s defense and city guards. The person responsible for the supervision of a particular place or thing or for ensuring that regulations associated with it are obeyed.

Magister- Athelia
The Magister guides a kingdom’s higher learning and magic.

High Priestess- Lady Victoria Chevalier
The high priest guides the kingdom’s religious needs and growth.

Trades Master- Vacant
Over sees and attend to the importation and exportation of goods and resources.

Membership Membership is exclusive and invitation only. If you desire to join and have not revived an you may ask any current member and directly inquire to it. This application will be followed by an interview; Should you pass the interview portion you are given a two week trial as an aspirant whilst the council watches your actions closely and determines your grit. Ranks are merit based. You get out what you put in.
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour