The Kingdom of Cetha - Red Hand Orcs

Current DM plotlines and all other official in-game happenings.
Xantham

The Kingdom of Cetha - Red Hand Orcs

Post by Xantham »

The talk around the Kingdom of Cetha would be the talk of a warband of orcs that attacked Frontiers Rest. Those in Frontiers Rest would feel the aftermath of a large-scaled orc attack. The buildings don't look to be damaged, but the fields and stalls look to have taken collateral damage. Even Haur looks to be disgruntled, as his workshop looks to be a mess. Many that had been injured left to head to the temple in the west ward of Southport as well could be seen speaking with any healers in the area.

In the frontier there looks to be scorch marks, lined with destroyed siege equipment. Whatever came that way did some damage enough to the equipment, that the attacking party didn't think of salvaging it. Many guards look to be piling the orc bodies to burn outside the walls too. They keep a look on the horizon always, staying alert for any threat or another attack.

The one thing that shows among anything else, are the broken banners and symbols of a large red hand stamped on them.
Active Characters - Captain Zac 'Blue Lute' Rudiger
Bhaalorian

Re: The Kingdom of Cetha - Red Hand Orcs

Post by Bhaalorian »

Only once the wounded and deceased are seen to does the secretary of health take some time off to help the farmers replant any crops that were destroyed in the attack. She was familiar enough with farming, often spending time in Frontiers Test cultivating various vegetables and materials for both the temple and her alchemy. She simply asked for a minor donation of any excess or spare crops as payment, saying they will go towards the next food give-away, and invited them to come along as well should they have the time spare. She returned to the temple late, happy and tired with a good honest day's work behind her.
Laura Jarshall, High priestess of Velsharoon
Nicha Caerus, Priestess of Ilmater
Elwyn Sabel, Warlord of Tempus
Xantham

Post by Xantham »

The area known as Knights Hallow would look to be ravaged by the onslaught of orcs and siege weapons. The fields look to be burned down and smoldering from the rain. The crabbing station would be all but ash and destruction as some of it set floating in the bay. The tents and even foreman's area looked to be burnt down.

The once proud symbol of a Keep that stood in the Hallow looked to be nothing but rubble. The small isle that held the keep up looks to be unstable as rocks start to collapse underneath it. What life was in the hallow looked bare and gone.

Several Knights of Cetha look to be carrying the fallen. Using a wagon, they'd bring the bodies of the people to be burned on a pyre. Within the city proper, there is a funeral presession.

In attendance would be the King, in which held a solemn look of defeat and anger. The commander wears an emotionless look as he keeps eyes on the fire.
Puresoul

Post by Puresoul »

Devlin Faramond shows up and just sighs before offering a helping hand at knights hallow. "I helped out with this place, consecrated the area so they could build.. now it's gone. Another piece of civilization levelled."
Devlin Faramond - Warrior Priest of Tempus
Aithne The Red - Red Dragon Disciple, Leader of the Obsidian isle and Bronze Dragon Slayer
Bhaalorian

Post by Bhaalorian »

Upon learning of the destruction of Knights Hallow the secretary of health rushes under sanctuary to the site of the attack, not caring about the stich that burned in her side from the distance she quickly came upon the site and was frozen completely still as she saw what remained of Knights Hallow.

Memories of another home, in another time flash through her mind. Death and fire hang in the air like the thick clouds of smoke. Bodies of friends, family, defenders and civilians alike felled by beasts wreathed in shadows and fire. She didn't know how long she stood there, she didnt realise at which point her lungs hurt from not breathing, she didn't know why her face was wet with tears nor why her whole body was shaking when it wasn't that cold.

But the shouting of the living brought her mind back from the brink of collapse as she looked over the fallen, seeing what needed to be done she focused, inhaled deeply and her skin emitted a brilliant white light, becoming a beacon in the night as she rushed down the hill and began to administer healing and give whatever aid she could to anyone who was hurt in the attack and inbetween she would attempt to resurrect the fallen. She kept herself busy enough to ignore the shaking in her hands and hide the shock that haunted her eyes from everyone.
Laura Jarshall, High priestess of Velsharoon
Nicha Caerus, Priestess of Ilmater
Elwyn Sabel, Warlord of Tempus
Yimmi

Post by Yimmi »

After the attack a norlander ranger is seen near frontier rest... coming and going from the north gate and towards the Amian frontier.
What happens beyond the gates is hard to tell as he seems to almost vanish as soon as he's in the wilderness
-Hjalmarr Arneleif: Skol!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...
Dunecat

Post by Dunecat »

Magician in black arrives too late for the battle. He has little to say, beyond offering aid to Devlin and those who still remain at Knight's Hallow.
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

Samantha scouted nearby at some point, whether those with true seeing noticed her or not. She shook her head sadly. At what became of the noble house Matthew had helped build, and how because of what people told in rumormongering, it had been reduced to... ashes. Much like Olde Shadowflame Manor.

Good thing that Krin-wannabe still had friends, or the Caraigh remodel might have suffered a similar fate. Gods knew Cory and Rania didn't take care of it enough.

She sighed and... the master scout- Sam- Samantha to some- slipped away again.

Probably to return to Endir's Point. By way of lamp travel, maybe. Who knows?
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Jagger

Post by Jagger »

*Asher would stand, rather than sit and pen a missive to both Duchess Victoria and King Adam Fairchild*

"It's with a heavy mind and heart, that I have nothing good to report. I surveyed the ruins shortly after the attack. I found that there was substantial loss to civilian life. Many among the dead were simple farmers, fishermen or construction workers. Not seen or accounted for were the guards known as Amy, Clint, Benny and Adison "The Bull." Information gathered after the fact and cleaned up from various sources indicates that there were cages present, and perhaps prisoners were taken. I am also aware that trails lead from the Hallow, directly to the Two Axe Tribe of orcs. While they claimed to have not been part of the attack, there was a bloody chest present, that they possibly looted. I doubt they were fully honest. However the main assault force had moved further along to the coast, presumably to mount vessels. Finding out what happened to my fellows is paramount. I will take whatever actions are necessary to save them, if possible."

*Signed, Asher Weston*
:chicken: No matter how hard you push the envelope, it's still stationary :chicken:
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Cromlech is more withdrawn as she catches the news and quietly attends the funeral services. Afterward, the dragon-knight seems to keep close to King Adam Fairchild as he goes about his business. When she's not with him, she's seen flying over Southport and Frontier's Rest or perched on top of a tall structure, presumably keeping an eye on the towns' surroundings. She is visibly upset by what happened, but clearly doesn't want to talk about it as she goes about her particularly vigilant work.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Cromlech - Protector of Ostland and Wanted Criminal
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Legion

Post by Legion »

Maximilian the large silver-kin knight can be seen attending the funeral services. Afterward can be seen patrolling Southport and Frontier's Rest with another horse mounted knight. Occasionally taking to high structures to survey a larger area before resuming the vigilant patrol.
Xantham

Post by Xantham »

A large group of figures known as the Onyx Raven company, looked to be amassing in the square in the West Ward of Cetha. The news spreads throughout the city of a trial being held for Waltz, the leader of the Onyx Raven Company. After the final verdict, a crier goes out to tell people in the city of Cetha about the accused Waltz, was found guilty of treason, mass murder, abetting the Red Hand with weapons on its assault of Knights Hallow. The sentence was imprisonment for life.

In the square of the city, in the west ward of Cetha. Many looked to be tense as they tossed garbage and even boo'd the officials of the city. Most of the ones doing this looked to be dressed in purple and carrying the symbol of an Onyx raven on their sleeves. Several Knights and adventures managed to talk the crowd down, offering of jobs and even a place to stay for a better purpose.

In light of it twenty-eight Onyx Raven's go with the Knights, heading off to the wave. They enjoy the free meal and board.

Seven Onyx Raven's head off in the direction with some drow. Heading to Kampo's and the Shrine. They look to be in good spirits as they talk about their travels and how they got to Amia.
Dovesong

Post by Dovesong »

Aliana, the half-drow Tormtar, leads them to Kampos, where she and Maximilian join forces with the Shrine folks to ensure any there have food, lodging, and opportunity to find something better.
Ravenovf

Post by Ravenovf »

The men and women who followed Erelkacha or Chaplin Kenlyl if they preferred a tittle were given room and their expenses paid while they spent time at Kampos and the Shrine. The priestess set aside time to sit and drink and talk with them happy to share stories, war stories included. Her only real desire to listen to their dreams and what direction they wanted to take in life happy to let them decide their own fates whatever they might be. She also offered them her council if anyone needed someone to talk to or get any matters off their chest or even spar if they were worried they might get rusty. Erelkacha was a warrior priestess, Chaplin was perhaps a fitting tittle for her and she easily fell into the talk and the walk of someone who had and still sometimes preferred to live with a sword at her side shield on her back and giddy thrill of a good fight awaiting her.
Battles can be fought with swords, words or ideas but no matter the battlefield I am not obliged to show kindness or mercy to evil by any means-Erelkacha Kenlyl
Puresoul

Post by Puresoul »

A familiar red armored lady leaves a few notices around for members of the Onyx Raven

"I gave you an offer when we first met. Now, I do so again. Opportunity awaits at The Obsidian Isle."
Aithne The Red - Red Dragon Disciple, Leader of the Obsidian isle and Bronze Dragon Slayer
Albacksen

Post by Albacksen »

A dark-skinned Mage-Guard ends up posted most of the next day in front of the Cetha offices, an impromptu table and chairs set out for her, her a bronze Wyrmling and any citizens who wish to make a formal complaint about any of the proceedings the previous day.
Puresoul

Post by Puresoul »

A Priest of Tempus mumbles something about a breach of honor after leaving the Cetha offices.
Ravenovf

Post by Ravenovf »

As it would happen the recent events in Cordor had left Akantha inspired. With a smile she prepared a number of costumes, hair styles and personas to play visiting Southport in the following days. To taverns, shops, markets and always away from where guards could hear and most often disguised as friendly small talk from a fish wife or the ramblings of a drunk the disguised bard went to work gleefully dropping rumors among the people of Southport.

"DId you hear? King got taken hostage in his own court! His guards were sleeping on the job I reckon"

"Oi luv, I heard from a maid that cleans the government buildings Fairchild got grabbed fer a prisoner exchange n' after folk agreed ta the ransom the king was released unharmed by his hostage taker. Thing is soon as she kept her side of the deal most of them knights and adventurers in the service to the crown turned on her and went for blood! Makes ya wonder if ya can trust Fairchild and the word of his court if ya ask me!"

"That Lady Astra? The one behind the Orcs and the such troubling us, I hear tell she was jilted by king Fairchild and he stole her dowry! That's why she is so bloody angry she is!"

"Oh my, I hear a book was censored by the Crown recently and the guards were up in arms over it, you know what they say dear? First they censors books then they censor thinkers and after censorship always comes burning, not going to be safe to be an intellectual around these parts"

"I hear tell that Wilfire, that dragon-hin he dyes his wings copper, they say they are actually black as sin! and he is the descendent of Myrk of the Dark Flight"
Battles can be fought with swords, words or ideas but no matter the battlefield I am not obliged to show kindness or mercy to evil by any means-Erelkacha Kenlyl