My Struggles

For all other discussions or topics that don't go in the other forums.
The Doctor

My Struggles

Post by The Doctor »

So it's been 5 months since mom passed. It was cancer. We knew it was coming for a long while, even longer than the docs said she had. I've never really experienced death. My Grams was the first time death has hit me where it hurts and I was down and out for an entire year. I swore to myself that I would not let my mons passing do the same to me. She even asked me before she died to please try to move on. It's not that easy though. Not for me anyway. While I want nothing more than to just sit back and enjoy myself on the server I get these feelings of guilt every time I go to download the game. I end up simply staring at the screen then turning off the PC. Hells I MISS Sera, I miss Drin (Even though he looks like a she in fey form). I miss all the interactions on the server both good and bad.

Really trying to pull out of this funk I am in. Got EE downloaded and installed. Now I just have to get some haks or what not. Here is to hoping I get to see you all in game soon!
Budly

Re: My Struggles

Post by Budly »

Stay strong, and if you ever just want to talk to a stranger about things. Drop by Discord. Sometimes just opening up tos someone thousandso miles away is a relief. Have fun on Amia!
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. With the state of the pandemic last year compounding our difficulties, it's hard to remember sometimes that other things still happen. My grandma died last year in the middle of it all from unrelated causes. The memories of our loved ones will go on with us, though, so they're never truly gone. Remember the laughs and the smiles, and all she ever did for and with you. I'm sure she would want you to remember her with joy in your heart.

Many hugs from me.

I hope you can find happiness in Amia again. We have male pixie forms now, too!
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Zafriah

Post by Zafriah »

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Not being able to enjoy the things you used to is very common when something big like that happens. It can be a sign of depression, so please seek out family and friends. Try to take care of yourself.
It can be hard to keep going with that huge feeling of sadness. It may always be there, but you'll find a way to live with it. Acknowledge it. It hurts. It sucks. It's not fair. And you miss her and that's normal. But it will get easier! And Amia will be here when you're ready to join in again!
Alcomancer

Post by Alcomancer »

Love you Doc.
Gerald Edmund
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Thanks for the replies guys. They really meant alot. I'm rather introverted in RL and these replies helped me at least get from staring at a screen doing nothing to trying to RP. Drin was my litmus test. If I could RP Drin for a session without issue then I should be good. Drins not the kind of charie you can play if your having a bad day, or have a mind filled with issues.

Still feel kinda guilty sometimes when I find myself having fun, or a good day. That, people say, will pass as well.... I hope. lol