Amia Staff Information

All the other miscellaneous information you may need, such as DM information, spell changes, subrace information, etc.
Jes
I like dragons.

Amia Staff Information

Post by Jes »

Staff Contact information

You can see a full list of the Amia Staff here.

If you would like to apply to join the Team, use this handy form and be as detailed as you can! Positions you can apply for are Developer, Tester, Request Handler, and Dungeon Master.

Staff ApplicationPosition Desired:
Player Name:
Characters Played:
Time Playing Amia:
Time Playing NWN:
Any Relevant Past Positions (Here or Elsewhere):
Any Relevant Past Work or Experience (Here or Elsewhere):

Explain why you wish to join the Amia Team:

Note! Most Staff Members prefer to deal with Amia related issues when on duty, IE, Client side or via the forums or Discord. When a Staff Member is player-side, most wish to just relax and play, so contact them playerside only in emergency, please.

For transparency, here are the activity guidelines for Staff Members:

Dungeon Masters:Developers/Testers:
-Server Story Organization-Area Development & Scripting
-Handle Bans & Rulebreaking-Handle Testing and Documentation
-Client Login: Run Events-Client Login: Live Testing

Request Handlers:
-Developer-Level users who deliver approved requests
-Able to post in request topics when they deliver requests and take DCs
-Client Login: Only to deliver DMIG requests

Head Dungeon Master | Lead Developer
  • These two work together to keep everything in order. They make sure both areas of staff are communicating with each other properly.
  • Head DM is primary contact for players regarding DM situations. This is similar to an Arbiter role, too.
  • Lead Developer is primary contact for players regarding development, though this will not be as commonly needed.
Head Dungeon Master: Legion (as of Jan 30, 2024)
Lead Developer: Jes (as of Feb 1, 2024)

Active Dungeon MasterView bio: AlbacksenSend PM
View bio: JesSend PM
View bio: LegionSend PM
View bio: TheRogueSend PM
View bio: ZoltanTheRedSend PM

Request Handlers View bio: MahtanSend PM
View bio: Bag of FeltSend PM

Active DeveloperView bio: JesSend PM
View bio: MahtanSend PM
View bio: Maverick00053Send PM
View bio: Bag of FeltSend PM
View bio: Lord-JyssevSend PM
View bio: OpustusSend PM
View bio: SonicXSend PM

Active Tester View bio: UCFGooseSend PM

Machine AccessThese individuals have direct access to the machine and can troubleshoot more complicated server issues. If the server is down and you think it should not be, contact these individuals here on the forum or on Discord. Note: Check to make sure it's not just a standard reset or previously-announced downtime.

ZoltanTheRed ― Send PM | Discord: zoltanthered
Jes ― Send PM | Discord: jesacondrey

Inactive Staff (On Break/Unavailable) View bio: CautiousDreadSend PM
View bio: Amarice-ElaralielSend PM

All staff members participate in discussions related to Amia server or policies. DMs will need Development input in order to make changes, so everyone is aware of what is possible or efficient. All participate in discussion/voting for Devs, Testers, and DMs. DMs maintain separate story information and rulebreaking logs.

DM Policies:
  • After running an event:
    1. Post vague notes in public DM log within 24 hours.
    2. Make an IC post (area or faction) regarding the event within 24 hours. Detailed or vague is okay.
    3. If this event affects Amia long-term (more than two small events) or impacts multiple areas, detail the plotline in Events & Plots within a week.
    4. If this event permanently affects NPCs in a settlement, detail the information in Settlement Information within a week.
    5. If you know your event will require a module update afterward, have a dev ready to do the work for it BEFORE you run the event.
    6. If your event requires a module update unexpectedly, post your requirements in Projects & Progression within 24 hours.
    7. If you complete these tasks within the time frame, you will receive a 5-DC bonus per event.
  • If your plot requires a very powerful entity or change, such as anything involving deities; archfey; moderate or drastic settlement changes; ancient or older dragons; arch demons; arch devils; divine intervention; resurrection of NPCs or perma-killed PCs, you must make a post to discuss it in the Staff Discussion forum. These are things that potentially affect a wider portion of the server/playerbase, so should be discussed.
  • If the dev work you need requires custom scripting, create a new topic for it and work closely with other Staff to make sure it will fit Amia and won't clash with existing lore.
  • You must post at least once a week in Requests.
  • If you post a large project/suggestion (like new classes, etc.), make sure that all discussion and details are worked out before the scripting takes place. All projects should be fully designed on paper first.
  • If you will be inactive for longer than two weeks, you must communicate the details with the staff. If you are inactive with no response, explanation, or appearance for longer than three weeks, you will be removed as a DM. Things come up, so just let us know if something does. Anyone removed due to inactivity will be eligible to re-apply after two weeks of active presence on Amia. Application approvals will be case-by-case and determined by all staff.

Policies for Developers and Testers:
  • When working on a project:
    1. Anytime you do dev or tester work, log it within 24 hours, even if you're not actively pushing work to GitHub.
    2. When a DM asks for dev help on a project/update, comment whether you can take the job or not within 48 hours.
    3. Post detailed feedback regarding testing you have completed within 48 hours of testing.
    4. If you complete these tasks within the time frame, you will receive a 5-DC bonus per project.
  • Keep your personal "Current Staff" topic updated regularly. This will allow you to keep a general "what I'm working on" list.
  • If the project you are working on requires custom scripting (or you just want it), create a new topic for it (if one doesn't already exist) and work closely with other Staff to make sure it will fit Amia and won't clash with existing lore.
  • You must post at least once a week on discussions and projects (unless there's nothing new, but that's unlikely).
  • Create new topics for feedback or discussion whenever appropriate. Do not be afraid to ask questions and communicate.
  • If you post a large project/suggestion (like new classes, etc.), make sure that all discussion and details are worked out before the scripting takes place. All projects should be fully designed on paper first.
  • If you will be inactive for longer than two weeks, you must communicate the details with the staff. If you are inactive with no response, explanation, or appearance for longer than three weeks, you will be removed as a Developer or Tester. Things come up, so just let us know if something does. Anyone removed due to inactivity will be eligible to re-apply after two weeks of active presence on Amia. Application approvals will be case-by-case and determined by all staff.

-----------------

Staff DC Payments:

Dungeon Masters
  • Active DMs who follow the above listed guidelines receive 25 DCs per month.
  • Note: An automated system similar to the ones players have will be instated to better track DM activity.

DevelopersArea Projects
10 DCs: Made from scratch or extensive redesign
5 DCs: Moderate redesign or changes, or temporary event areas
2 DCs: Minor changes and updates[/list]

Scripting Projects
10 DCs: Made from scratch/New scripting project/Initiative for server growth (+10 added per project when using the 5 DCs/script as noted below.)
5 DCs: Scripted Requests (Can be added to based on complexity of request) (5 DCs per individual script when it's an unclear mix of from scratch/tweaked scripts with variable time investment for large projects)
2 DCs: Scripting changes or bug fixes in said script

Other Projects/Misc.
1 DC/3 hrs : Programming/Scripting/Building (Base Time Payment)
1 DC/3 hrs : Model Making

TestersTesting Projects
1 DC/2 hrs: In-Game testing
1 DC/4 hrs: Toolset/Amia C/Module testing/Third-party testing

These are baselines. DMs can award bonuses at their discretion for those who go above and beyond. Because we love our Developers and Testers and they deserve to be compensated well in the only way we really can do so!
-----------------

Regarding Settlements

DMs do not have specific settlement assignments - although some DMs may have an area they work with a lot, such as Amarice's oversight in Winya Ravana. If you need a DM for something in a specific area, please send a PM to the Dungeon Master group on the forum detailing what you need. You can find the DM Group by following these steps:
  1. Click here.
  2. At the top, there is an "Add Recipients" box. Ignore that and look to the right of it to a smaller box called "Add Groups".
  3. Scroll through the groups until you see Dungeon Master. Click it to highlight it.
  4. Go back to the left under the "Add Recipients" box and click the "Add" button underneath it.
  5. Compose your message and Send as normal.

Here's a screenshot to help, with simplified steps:

-----------------

These are a few examples of topics that you can ask any DM about via PM or contacting through Discord if you use it.
  • Anger Management + Problem solving
    When you have an argument with another player and can't reach compromise, we will mediate and help with solving the issue.

Player Relations
    You can contact us regarding lifting your ban, complaints or concerns regarding forum conduct or postings, and if you have any questions regarding forum or game rules.

Lore And Storylines
    Ask us any questions you may have about server lore or ongoing storylines.

Quests and Events
    You can contact us about any quests or events you wish to partake in or have questions about. Have an idea for a quest for your character? Feel free to ask!

DC Requests
    Generally speaking, it's best to just make your request posting in the Requests forum, since one DM just won't be able to offer a verdict on any item. What is "okay" for one DM might not be so for another, and all requests require more than one DM approval. That said, feel free to ask general questions.

Bugs and errors
    PM blatant exploits that can be abused straight to us. Post the rest to Improving Amia (IA Forums).

New Content Approval
    If you have item or area suggestions, post them to Improving Amia (IA Forums). If you want a more secretive approach for some reason, feel free to PM us.

Forum Maintenance Issues
    If you have a problem with the forum, PM us or contact us on Discord.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Jes
I like dragons.

Jes

Post by Jes »

JesPositions: DM, Developer
Call me: Jes
Avatar: [DM] Hlal, [DEV] Dragonmama
Characters: Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis, Ailahra, Cromlech
Login: Jesification
Areas of Focus: Personal Plots, Djinn. Area Development, Hak Additions
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord (jesacondrey)
Timezone: CST/CDT (USA)
Availability: Any day or time with enough notice, except for Mondays and Thursdays.

I joined Amia in 2006 and became a member of the development team in 2009, and a DM in 2019. I've just been around a long time! So I can answer questions or help with most things. I have a good grasp on a lot of lore, or can find it if I need to. I also have a specialty in dragon lore. So hit me up if you need anything! My Discord and forum PMs are always open!
---
Maverick00053

Maverick00053

Post by Maverick00053 »

Maverick00053Position: Developer
Call me: Mav, Maverick
Characters: Levexal, Techsmith Tokas
Login: Maverick00053
Areas of Focus: Development of the server almost exclusively.
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord (Maverick00053#8485)
Timezone: PST (USA)
Availability: I am pretty much available on discord at all times, and if I dont respond immediately I will eventually get back to you.

I have been on Amia since 2006. Over the years I slowly worked myself onto the DM team, and eventually fell into the roll of mostly helping develop the server. I have had my hands in most systems that have been updated over the last few years, so if you have any questions or want to direct your hatred at someone feel free to contact me.
Jes
I like dragons.

Amarice-Elaraliel

Post by Jes »

Amarice-ElaralielPosition: DM
Call Me: Amarice, Ama, Crazy Cat Lady, Forest Tyrant
Avatar(s): Devilcat, Auril, Titania
Character(s): Malandria Luelven, Ainé (those are my mains at least)
Login(s): Amarice-Elaraliel
My Areas of Focus: Maintenance; small to medium plots; Fiends; Druids and Shifters; Fey; Horror; Spiritual/Totemic things; personal plots; item balance
Amia Areas I tend to: Winya Ravana, Wave & Serpent Adventuring Guild
Other Contact Info: PMs, Discord
Timezone: European
Availability: Weekdays: european evening times; Weekends: flexible with sheduling

About me: I've been playing NWN since it was released and joined this server many years ago. I've also been roleplaying well before NWN itself, both in PnP and LARP.

My main lore focus lies with fiends and druids, however I am also quite knowledgeable with elven and fey lore.

During the weekdays you will mostly catch me online in the European evening hours. I am more flexible when it comes to weekends, as I do not work then.

I consider myself an often calm and level-headed person, so feel free to contact me if you have any issues and I will try to help sort them out.

Otherwise I am your usual geek/nerd, despite being female, with a liking for video games, comics, books and movies.

And of course, I love cats.
---
Legion

Legion

Post by Legion »

LegionPosition:Dungeon Master
Call me: Legion
Characters: Maximillian Du Lac, a handful of others
Login: We_Are_Legion
Areas of Focus: TBD
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord Legion#3557
Timezone: PST Seattle/Los Angeles
Availability: Weekday evenings/Most weekends

I've played on Amia off and on since 2007/08 returning to more playing time as of 2020. I have previously DM'd and Dev'd for other persistent worlds. If you need any assistance please let me know. I am happy to help.
Bag of Felt

Bagoffelt

Post by Bag of Felt »

BagoffeltPosition: Dev, Request Helper
Call me: Baggy, Felt
Avatars: [DM] Mean Nasty Horrible Old Lady
DM Mistress of Darkness
Characters: Many, currently Booyahg Dargrath, Zaldi
Login: bagoffelt
Areas of Focus: Misc. Lots of stuff needing to be done, and I am going where the need is.
Timezone: GMT +1
Availability: Usually from about 5pm to 10pm M-F, off and on 9 am to 10 pm weekends.

I have been around Amia since about 2016 or so? I do not consider myself an expert. It's a big world - explore!
Last edited by Bag of Felt on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The bag of felt holds the jewels of fate.
Albacksen

Albacksen

Post by Albacksen »

AlbacksenPosition: DM/Dev
Call me: Alex, Albacksen.
Characters: Deanic, Rubielee, Karla and others.
Login: Albacksen
Areas of Focus: Slice of life, Personal requests and (primarily) social character driven plots.
Timezone: UTC +1
Availability: After 4 pm UTC +1, more open on weekends.

I'm a casual and friendly guy. Been around Amia since the good old Reyes plot. As a DM, I love hearing about stuff you want to do as a player and how I can help make them happen.
Mahtan

Mahtan

Post by Mahtan »

MahtanPosition: Developer, Request Handler
Call me: Maht, Mahtan
Characters: T'rissvyr, Bellardia, Azaquis.
Login: Mahtan
Areas of Focus: Models and in game design editing.
Timezone: PST
Availability: After 6 pm PST, more or less available on weekends if planned.

I been around Amia for a long while. If there are questions regarding the server or ideas you'd like to pursue, I'll be happy to help. I can assist with much of the SD lore Amia has, assisting with requests and personal plots.
Last edited by Mahtan on Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

Post by Lord-Jyssev »

Lord-JyssevPositions: Developer
Call me: Jyssev [He/Him]
Characters: Vixarra Mae'tyl, Felix Durstige, many others
Login: Lord-Jyssev
Areas of Focus: Area Development, Scripting, Job System Improvements, Quality of Life
Other Contact Info: Lord-Jyssev#5751 on Discord
Timezone: GMT -5/6 (CDT/CST)
Availability: I pop in at odd hours, often times in very early mornings my time (Noonish GMT). Thursdays/Fridays tend to have more availability, but hardly any evenings or weekends.

Hey there! I've been playing on Amia off and on since 2006. I love the server and am excited for the opportunity to dev for it! In the olden days, I used to make bad (and unreleased) mods for Baldur's Gate games. But it showed me a lot about scripting, game resources, and 3D. A lot of my interests for the server are in quality control and elevating some of our existing content to be the best it can be. I'm also into environment design, most things involving Photoshop work, 3d Modeling, and world building. Player side, I gravitate towards evil characters and am always down to devise some plots with y'all!
Opustus

Opustus

Post by Opustus »

OpustusPositions: Dev
Call me: Opustus, Mitro
Characters: Desdemona, Habsi
Login: Opustus
Areas of Focus: Bugfixing and documentation
Other Contact Info: PMs, Discord (Opustus#4543), email (mitro.hyvarinen@gmail.com)
Timezone: +3 UTC/GMT
Availability: I do 6 hours of dev work every Sunday, except when I don't because I can't! If you contact me on Discord, there's a fair chance you'll get lost in the feed (i.e. I forget to message back), so forum is preferred for discussion.

I focus on bugfixes and documentation. Please use the forum Improving Amia -> Bugs to report bugs! You can ask me about anything, even my mother. Or yours.
SonicX

SonicX

Post by SonicX »

SonicXPosition: Developer
Call me: Sonic or Dev
Characters: Chief Dahak Two-axe, Delia Vandree, Visaeryn Kil’urden
Login: SonicX
Areas of Focus: Drow and devils and demons
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord SonicX or Greg His Kahn
Timezone: PST Wine Country CA
Availability: Early mornings/ weekends and some week nights

I been around for some long long years since pre split and Amia’s start. I pretty much stick to playing and testing and looking for things that or broken or I break them. I am also open to help players new and old learn their way around and collaborate on ideas!!! Feel free to hit me up anytime with questions, usually best to hit me up on Discord.
[/quote]
Last edited by SonicX on Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Azirith

Azirith

Post by Azirith »

AzirithPositions: Tester, Request Handler
Call me: Azirith, Az, Bro
Avatars: [Tester] Azirith - (Test server), [RH] Azirith (Main server)
Characters: Mezhul, Rodgar
Login: Azirith
Areas of Focus: Testing, Bugs, Breaking things, The handling of the requests
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord Azirith#1012
Timezone: GMT +10 Australia
Availability: Usually around 6pm-12am weekdays GMT+10, random times on weekends. Ping me on discord if you need anything, don't be shy, always happy to help!

Like most I have been here for many years, around 07 roughly. Love NWN1 and Amia is the only RP server i have played on. Always learning new things as our game and server has so much depth.
Last edited by Azirith on Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
UCFGoose

UCFGoose

Post by UCFGoose »

UCFGoose Position: Tester
Call me: Goose, Gooser, Gooserino, Drew
Characters: Kuria, Lorenzo, Elor, Afasika, others
Login: UCFGoose
Areas of Focus: Whatever comes up
Timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Availability: Spotty. I work seven days on, seven off, 13 hour days. Everything else I try to balance family, working out, drinking, and tang soo do, with my strange desire to destroy all gnomes.

Husband, father, retired professional wrestler, beer aficionado, and student of life. Playing D&D since the mid 80s. Bald, fat, perpetually angry, and funnier than you all think.
ZoltanTheRed

ZoltanTheRed

Post by ZoltanTheRed »

ZoltanTheRed Position: Developer, DM
Call me: Zoltan
Characters: Corrick Vostryl
Login: Zoltan
Areas of Focus: Basically everything
Timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Availability: Typically every week night. Definitely weekends.

Dad. Engineer. Super nerdy. Love creative writing, love software development. Simple as. I've been with the Amia team since 2015, and Amia is a match made in heaven for me. I'm the one behind the scenes building up infrastructure and making sure the server runs smoothly. I've spent quite a few sleepless nights making sure that this server can be run in a sustainable way.
CautiousDread

CautiousDread

Post by CautiousDread »

CautiousDreadPositions: DM,
Call me: CD, Cautious, Reg, Anything non-offensive really.
Characters: Sali Aphaeleon
Login: CautiousDread
Areas of Focus: Random Happenings, DM Events,
Other Contact Info: PMs or Discord (CautiousDread)
Timezone: GMT/BST (UK)
Availability: Tuesday - Friday, Past 8pm. Sometimes weekends if I don't have any plans.
About me:
I think i'm a pretty chill guy with a wide variety of interests, been playing NWN since it came out and Amia on and off for a decade.
Live over in the South East of England, but for a month a year i'm over in Bermuda so my timezone might change, or i'm suddenly very happy all the time.
My goal is to find people online and do random things to spice up their time on the server. So log in even if you'd be on your todd, you might get an impromptu event!
Proving that sarcasm and alcoholism keep the world going round since '93
TheRogue

TheRogue

Post by TheRogue »

TheRoguePositions: DM,
Call me: Chris
Avatar: [DM] TheRogue [DM]TheDarkDaddy
Characters: Jarl Roland Shadowflame
Login: TheRogue
Areas of Focus: Shadowfell related, DM events, Chaos and destruction, NPC interaction.
Other Contact Info: TheRogue via Discord
Timezone: MST(Arziona)
Availability: Monday thru Friday evenings, anytime during the weekends
About me: Nothing special, just a normal guy who enjoys D&D and video games, I'm a father of three and I've been playing on Amia for a while now, I think myself as a person whose lay back, so feel free to message me if you have an idea, or just to chat!