Barbie help - Malachite

Have an idea for a character build? Need help with character builds? Build-related topics go here!
kieranm

Barbie help - Malachite

Post by kieranm »

Hi all!

I'm currently levelling up a barbarian earth genasi (excuse the cheese), and was hoping to get some advice on feats for the final build.

Intended build: 24 Barbarian / 4 Fighter / 2 Rogue

Build focus: Epic damage reduction III, Mighty & Terrifying rage, Imp TWF using two-bladed sword...

Status and question: Currently level 20 and I'm basically deciding between two feats: Epic WS or Amor Skin. He's already been struggling with low AC, but should get a bump at 23 when I take the first rogue level and will already have EDR III completed at 22. What would others recommend, should I go for the +2 AC OR the +4 damage?

Build summary: Name: Malachite
Race: Earth Genasi
Deity: Geb
Alignment: CN

STR18 + 4 (22)
DEX 15
CON 18 + 3 (21)
WIS 6
INT 10
CHA 6

Pre-epic: 20 Barbarian
Barb 1 /Level 1: Ambidexterity / Two-weapon fighting
Barb 2 / Level 2:
Barb 3 / Level 3: Exotic weapon focus
Barb 4 / Level 4: + 1 CON (19)
Barb 5 / Level 5:
Barb 6 / level 6: Weapon focus two-bladed sword
Barb 7 / level 7:
Barb 8 / level 8: + 1 CON (20)
Barb 9 / level 9: Imp TWF
Barb 10 / level 10:
Barb 11 / level 11
Barb 12 / level 12: Imp crit Two-bladed sword, + 1 CON (21)
Barb 13 / level 13:
Barb 14 / level 14:
Barb 15 / level 15: Blind fight
Barb 16 / level 16: + 1 STR (19)
Barb 17 / level 17:
Barb 18 / level 18: Knockdown
Barb 19 / level 19:
Barb 20 / level 20: + 1 STR (20)

Epic: 4 Barbarian / 4 Fighter / 2 Rogue
Fighter 1 / level 21: EDR 1, EDR2
Fighter 2 / level 22: EDR 3
Rogue 1 / level 23: Tumble Dump!
Barb 21 / level 24: EWF TBS, +1 STR (21)
Barb 22 / level 25:
Fighter 3 / Level 26:
Fighter 4 / Level 27: WS, Epic WS (OR ARMOUR SKIN??)
Rogue 2 / Level 28: [Tumble, UMD], +1 STR (22)
Barb 23 / level 29:
Barb 24 / level 30: Mighty Rage, Terrifying Rage
Suffering Hunter

Re: Barbie help - Malachite

Post by Suffering Hunter »

I don't know your exact AC, but I wouldn't even consider armor skin honestly. You're a damage and DR build, get epic weapon spec
Known by many characters such as,

Lothain - I swear it was just a kiss!
The1Kobra

Post by The1Kobra »

For current build, I'd probably go with EWS instead of armor skin. No shield and no TWF for two weapon defense is going to hurt quite a bit, so you might as well do enough damage to take out your targets before they can take you down. No epic prowess either, but I'd probably go with the damage if you're going for 4 fighter.

If you want to consider a rebuild, there is the below option:

There's actually a two-weapon fighter class that you may find appealing. Since you're not going for devcrit you should be able to fit in all the necessary feats.

It also has the added benefit that you don't need to invest in DEX because the class gets you the necessary feats for you.

Build is 24/5/1 Barbarian/Two Weapon Fighter/Bard or Rogue

Stats:
18(20)/10/16(18)/10/8(6)/8(6)

Pre-epic(8): Power Attack, Lightning Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Weapon Focus, IMPR Crit, Blind Fight, Heavy Armor Proficiency, KD
Epic(4+1B): EDR 1-3, Epic Weapon Focus, Mighty Rage

End Stats: 24/10/21/10/6/6

End AB will be 4 Higher, since TWF will allow you to use double weapons without an AB penalty, and the TWF class gets epic prowess free at L5. AC will be 4 higher, since TWF gives you two weapon defense, though without Armor skin it's not going to be that high even so. Damage will be a little lower despite the higher STR bonus, due to missing EWS. Due to a lack of feats I had to skip on terrifying rage though.

Still, with a 4 higher AB I'd probably go for it.
kieranm

Post by kieranm »

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually going to rebuild and go TWF... Was debating this when I started him but was more interested in getting EDR. However, doing this has made him not great offensively and the EDR helps only so much when getting hit all the time!

Instead, I'll go for TWF and heavy on offense to try to take out foe faster than they can hit me! Thanks for your input.