Gear question for a sorc

Have an idea for a character build? Need help with character builds? Build-related topics go here!
The Doctor

Gear question for a sorc

Post by The Doctor »

So i have never really geared up sera and am looking for suggestions....

Any ideas what? Armor and shield i have but i am not sure what i need for every thing else.
The1Kobra

Re: Gear question for a sorc

Post by The1Kobra »

My usual gear for a sorc looks like this:

Cloak: CHA cloak, best you can get (+5 is feasible without epic)
Belt: +3 CHA +2 Regen belt (Store purchased, though you may want a freedom belt instead)
Boots: +5 AC +3 DEX boots (Store purchased)
Amulet: +4 CON amulet. (Could use scarab of saves instead, but you'll want to buff your CON elsewhere in your gear).
Helm: I'd use the +3 CON helm. (Store purchased again.)

For gloves and rings, mythal them in to fill in the gaps in your remaining gearset. If you really need CHA, there is a store purchased +3 CHA ring you can get. For your other ring, you'll probably want a gills ring, or a ring of spell battle (+10 spellcraft) with added mythalling. For gloves/bracers there isn't really a good set for sorcs unless you get the djinn or epic concentration or spellcraft gloves, so I'd just mythal those up.

So for a full example sample set (assuming you have ASF shield/armor with no other properties:

Cloak: +5 CHA
Belt: +3 CHA +2 Regen
Boots: +5 AC +3 DEX
Amulet: +5 Saves
Helmet: +3 CON +5 Conc
Ring1: +2 CON +10 Spellcraft
Ring2 (Gills): +2 CHA +3 Fort
Gloves: +1 CON +2 CHA +3 Fort

Hope this helps!
Alcomancer

Post by Alcomancer »

My recommendations vary from Kobra's in that I recommend going for the +5 cha cloak, but to make up for the lack of a fortification cloak you want to get the +2 CON/+3 universal saves belt - and get a Ring of power ASAP if you don't already have one.
Gerald Edmund
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I'm still using the yellow unique drops from loot. lol

Thanks for the tips you two!
Alcomancer

Post by Alcomancer »

I'll throw out an epic wish list for you and see if this helps

Helmet: +10 discipline, +2 CON (Theives Hood)
Gloves: +30 discipline, +2 CHA, +1 CON (Epic Loot)
Ring 1: Water Breathing, +2 CHA, +1 Universal Saves (GillS)
Ring 2: Ring of Power (Epic Loot)
Belt: +2 CON, +3 universal (Girdle of Fitness - Gauntlet)
Amulet: +6 Universal Saves (Epic Loot)
Boots: +5 AC, +3 DEX (Abyss Boots)
Cloak: +6 CHA (Epic Loot)
Armor: Caster Chain - +2 CHA, +1 Universal Saves (Any 0% ASF chest, go +5 discipline if you use cloth)
Ioun: +2 CON (Epic Loot)

This loadout should allow you to cap CHA, buff CON to the cap, and buff DEX enough to cap your AC. If you have deficiencies in saves the empty mythal slots can fill them and the discipline gear can get you a solid +40 discipline. Meaning if you have 32 or 33 you can go up to 72 or 73. You have +3 universal saves from your belt, and +6 from your amulet, and +2 from your other slots. That's a grand total of +14 before spellcraft. If you max out spellcraft you're getting +6 additional universal saves vs magic which should put you at the +20 saving throw cap vs magic.

This is all assuming of course you have evasion on your build. If not I would recommend getting a ring of improved evasion with the CHA instead of +2 cha and +1 universal on a gills ring. If you do that route you can swap your thieves hood out for a crab helmet when you need water breathing.

Note: After buffing CON/DEX you should have 39 fortitude if you set your build up correctly, but if you don't you're likely close enough for it not to be an issue. Unfortunately the +6 cha cloak excludes use of a +5 fort cloak. Otherwise your saves would be a lot higher - but epic loot provides.
Last edited by Alcomancer on Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerald Edmund
robbi320

Post by robbi320 »

If you don't have the +6 saves ammy yet, Abyss or gauntlet has a +5 saves ammy, I think.
Alcomancer

Post by Alcomancer »

Edited my gear list slightly to properly reflect caster armor! Also robbi is right, you can easily get a +5 saves amulet. This is basically your absolute endgame wish list outside of DC items.
Gerald Edmund
Google

Post by Google »

As a side note, myart helmets all secretly have water breathing