Job System Update 3.0 - BIG GAME HUNTER

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Maverick00053

Job System Update 3.0 - BIG GAME HUNTER

Post by Maverick00053 »

Hello Everyone!

Now is the time for another big update to the job system. We can call this Job System Update 3.0, the Hunter Edition.

In the old Job System there use to be Big Game Hunting. It involved being given a random area, going to that area, locating a beast, and then having a dice roll to see if you kill it or not. I wanted to reintroduce that system but expand upon it dramatically.

This should be deployed on the test server shortly after this post goes up.
Big Game Hunter
At level 5 a Primary/Secondary Hunter unlocks the ability to go on a Big Game Hunt. This hunt can only be completed every 10 minute ( When it is deployed on the test server it will initially have no cool down ).

You can either choose to hunt in a random place, or pick a location in the menu that appears. You have six options to choose from: Cave, Desert, Snow Mountains, Underdark, Forest, or Random. Primary Hunters have a 100% chance to find a hunting grounds, secondary have a 80% chance, and none skilled Hunters has a 60% through the help of a Guide.

Each of these areas has a different amount of instances prebuilt you have the chance of visiting. Each area is split up into three zones based on level.

For example, the cave hunting areas have 13 instances. 5 of those 13 are level 5 mobs/animals. 4 of them are level 15, and the remaining 4 are 25+. 1 area in the remaining 4 areas for 25+ contains a special mini boss instance which drops ultra rare animal parts if defeated.

As you hit 5, 15, and 25 you will unlock more "instances" you can visit. When you unlock a new tier you will have a random chance to visit the highest tier you have unlocked, and all the tiers below it. Below is all of the current zones, how many instances are in each, and how they are split.

Cave - 13 Instances Total - Level 5 Instances: 5, Level 15 Instances: 4, Level 25 Instances: 4
Desert - 14 Instances Total - Level 5 Instances: 5, Level 15 Instances: 5, Level 25 Instances: 4
Mountains - 15 Instances Total - Level 5 Instances: 5, Level 15 Instances: 5, Level 25 Instances: 5
Underdark - 12 Instances Total - Level 5 Instances: 4, Level 15 Instances: 4, Level 25 Instances: 4
Forest - 12 Instances Total - Level 5 Instances: 4, Level 15 Instances: 4, Level 25 Instances: 4

Each instance, at this time, has 3 variations of creatures that can appear in it. There are some repeats animals but every instance will have at least 1-2 unique creatures specific to that area/instance.

In total this random system has 198 pseudo "unique" instances a hunter player can explore. Which contain over 120+ unique animals, dire animals, and magical beasts.

Big Game Hunter Guides In many different locations you can find Big Game Hunter Guides. These guides can take non hunter players out on these Big Game Hunts. There is a few critical downsides though. Unlike a Hunter player you can only go on these hunts at specific locations where guides are location. You also only have a 60% chance of successfully locating a hunting zone, and on top of that you must pay the Guide a fee of 3,000 gold success or fail.
Drops The drops have been condensed into a few specific categories to avoid there being hundreds of variations of items.

All of the standard drops for hunter are as follows:
  • Hide, High Quality Hide, and Legendary Hide
  • Fur, High Quality Fur, and Legendary Fur
  • Small Bone, Medium Bone, and Large Bone
  • Venom Gland, High Quality Venom Gland, and Legendary Venom Gland
All of the rare drops from Mini Bosses are as follows:
  • Colossal Snake Bone, White Dragon Hide, Wyvern Hide
    Hippogriff Hide, Gryphon Hide, Treant Branch
    Wyvern Venom Gland, Colossal Spider Eggsack
    Hydra Extract, Grick Extract, and Dryad Powder
New Alchemist Recipes Dryad Powder + Pure Alcohol = Charming Powder
Grick Extract + Pure Alcohol = Grick Compound
Hydra Extract + Pure Alcohol = Hydra Compound

Charming Powder has 3 casts total of Dominate Monster. The CL is set to 26, and the DC is 38 for this item only.
Grick Compound has 15 charges on it. It has One with Land, Camouflage, and Improved Invisibility on it that each use 1 charge per use.
Hydra Compound has 20 charges on it. It has Regeneration on it that uses 1 charge per use.
New Scoundrel Recipes Venom Gland = Venom Gland Essence
High Quality Venom Gland = High Quality Venom Gland Essence
Legendary Venom Gland = Legendary Venom Gland Essence
Wyvern Venom Gland = Wyvern Venom Gland Essence
Colossal Spider Eggsack + Sleep Tea = Magically Suppressed Spider Eggs

Venom Gland Essence applies 1d4 acid damage to your weapon. One time use.
High Quality Venom Gland Essence applies 1d6 acid damage to your weapon. One time use.
Legendary Venom Gland Essence applies 1d8 acid damage to your weapon. One time use.
Wyvern Venom Gland Essence applies 1d10 acid damage to your weapon. One time use.

Magically Suppressed Spider Eggs has 3 charges on it. Its unique ability uses 1 charge per use. This will lay down a spider egg sack at your targeted area. If someone that is not the original placer approaches with in half a tile of the egg sack it will split open a release 5 spiderlings that will be hostile to ALL PCs. These spiderlings are low hp, low ac, but very hit AB trap creatures.
New Tailor Recipes + PLCs
Fur = Fur 1, Ground

Fur = Fur 2, Ground

Fur = Fur 3, Ground

High Quality Fur + Phandar Wood = Bear Fur on a Rack

High Quality Hide + Phandar Wood = Bear Fur on a Rack

Legendary Fur = Tiger Fur, Ground

Hide + Small Bone = Tent 1, Dark

Hide + Small Bone = Tent 2, Dark

Hide + Small Bone = Massive Tent, Dark

High Quality Hide + Medium Bone = Teepee 1

High Quality Hide + Medium Bone = Teepee 2

Shadowtop Wood + Gryphon Hide = Massive Market Stall

Fur = Skins
Hide = Skins

High Quality Fur = Brown Bear Rug

Small Bone + Hide = Stuffed Parrot

Colossal Snake Bone + Legendary Hide = Massive Market Canvas

Wyvern Hide = Wyvern Hide, Ground

White Dragon Hide = White Dragon Hide, Hung

Game Meat + Hide = Boar Platter

Fur = Black Bear Rug

Large Bone + Legendary Fur = Stuffed Grizzly

Game Meat + Hide = Basilisk on a Stick

New Architech Recipes + PLCs
Hide + Small Bone = Deer Trophy 1

High Quality Hide + Medium Bone = Bison Trophy

Bass = Fish Trophy
Salmon = Fish Trophy
Trout = Fish Trophy

High Quality Hide + Small Bone = Boar Trophy

High Quality Hide + Large Bone = Bear Trophy

Legendary Hide + Medium Bone = Cat Trophy

Hide + Medium Bone = Deer Trophy 2

Hide + Medium Bone = Deer Trophy 3

Hide + Medium Bone = Deer Trophy 4

High Quality Hide + Ironwood = Drum

Legendary Hide + Shadowtop Wood = Massive Drum

Hippogriff Hide + Legendary Bone = Massive Hide and Bone Bound Horn (REALLY BIG)

Bolt of Wool + Medium Bone = Flag

Treant Branch + Shadowtop Wood = Massive Tribal Totem

Small Bone + Bolt of Cotton = Dream Catcher

Small Bone + Medium Bone = Bone Cage

Encounters
Big Game Hunts are done solo. You cannot take a party into them, but you can take your summons.

You can encounter all types of animals, dire animals, vermin, magical creatures, and even stumble across encampments of evil creatures.

If you come across a camp of humanoids, or others, you will not get any job system ingredients from their corpses like you would with animals but they have rare treasures you can pillage in special chests! This is a good way to obtain Ancient Devices, Ivory, and hordes of gold.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them below or ping me in the discord!
Bhaalorian

Re: Job System Update 3.0 - BIG GAME HUNTER

Post by Bhaalorian »

This looks amazeballs.

I'm sure Nicha will have reservations about functional love potions, but could be fun if used the right way. :lol:
Laura Jarshall, High priestess of Velsharoon
Nicha Caerus, Priestess of Ilmater
Elwyn Sabel, Warlord of Tempus
Dark Immolation

Post by Dark Immolation »

Great stuff man, cant wait to try this out!
pdesbois

Post by pdesbois »

Hi there,

I am still very early (lvl 3 rogue) and learning how to get hold of ths System, so I check the excel sheet detailing ingredients etc...

Since I plan on following Assassin route, this means making use of traps, poisons etc... and these "New Scoundrel Recipes" sounded interesting. What are the DC for these? And are these sold by some other merchants?

I chose Artificer as 1. "profession" coz making a Golem sounded extremely useful to her (plus does fit part of her history/ background). Where can I get more infor onn these subjects pls?

I cannot log into Discord coz theres been some major glitch linking my username to a totally unkonw email address, so I had to ask for user deletion, and can only relog in 10-15 days... hence my noob questions in here.

thx! - p.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

I am still very early (lvl 3 rogue) and learning how to get hold of ths System, so I check the excel sheet detailing ingredients etc...
Currently the Big Game Hunter is not live. It will be linked to the current hunter system. Which is a job that you can gain by learning it from a hunter trainer that is scattered among amia.
Since I plan on following Assassin route, this means making use of traps, poisons etc... and these "New Scoundrel Recipes" sounded interesting. What are the DC for these? And are these sold by some other merchants?
There is no DC for crafting using the job system. Rather you place ingredients into the correct job system work bench, for this case it be Scoundrel and select the option you wish to craft. Than there is a success/fail percentage. Main job 100% success, secondary an 80% rate success, and untrained is a 60% success rate. As before mentioned the new items and poisons are not yet available as the system Big Game Hunter is not incorporated yet, but still in testing. Once it does come live you would simply need to gain the ingredients to use them, not learn individual recipes or anything. Likely PCs will be willing to trade these ingredients once its live, but unless a special event happens and a DM runs it NPCs currently do not sell job system items.
I chose Artificer as 1. "profession" coz making a Golem sounded extremely useful to her (plus does fit part of her history/ background). Where can I get more infor onn these subjects pls?
Besides what is in the job system side link most of that would be in general lore on forgotten realms books or other dnd 3.5 books and information. But just using the ingredients in a work bench would grant you the ability to craft with the Artificer Job.
I cannot log into Discord coz theres been some major glitch linking my username to a totally unkonw email address, so I had to ask for user deletion, and can only relog in 10-15 days... hence my noob questions in here.
Not a problem. Reason we have to forums. Sometimes it just takes a bit longer to reply.
pdesbois

Post by pdesbois »

thx for the reply charles1810 . In rregards to my DC question I meant the DC for others to overcome as I misunderstood it for Poison, now I reread and saw it is added elemental dmg.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

The Big Game Hunter:
High Quality Venom Gland Essence applies 1d6 acid damage to your weapon. One time use.
Legendary Venom Gland Essence applies 1d8 acid damage to your weapon. One time use.
Wyvern Venom Gland Essence applies 1d10 acid damage to your weapon. One time use.

Default Nwn
weak (DC 16), mild (DC 18), average (DC 20), strong (DC 22), very strong (DC 24), and deadly (DC 26).

I know there are a few others but off hand not sure the DCs
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

charles1810 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:15 am The Big Game Hunter:

Default Nwn
weak (DC 16), mild (DC 18), average (DC 20), strong (DC 22), very strong (DC 24), and deadly (DC 26).

I know there are a few others but off hand not sure the DCs
I put this on the Job Spreadsheet now.
The bag of felt holds the jewels of fate.