DEV PRAISE THREAD

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
shine_a_light

DEV PRAISE THREAD

Post by shine_a_light »

Just wanted to start this, as the more I explore Amia, the more I find out how well designed and balanced it is.

Wanted to specifically praise the Class balancing and tweaks. The longer I’ve been here the more I notice it. And there are certainly some classes that need work, but the overall picture is very good. Specifically the custom PRCs really add a lot to the building aspect.

I’ve been to quite a few servers, and usually when there is customization and balancing of classes, the end result is a very limited number of viable builds. Instead of balancing between the classes, a sort of equilibrium is reached where most multi-class combinations, for one reason or another, just don’t work, resulting in an homogenization of a handful of builds spamming the server.

The more build attempts I make on Amia, the more viable combinations I find, meaning that players are free to build for mechanics or roleplay, and comparable to most every server I’ve been on, most build ideas can be optimized to be serviceable.

The Class customization on Amia is a multiplier to player character choices, rather than a divisor, and that is truly awesome. Kudos Dev team!!!
TheImpregnableDerp

Re: DEV PRAISE THREAD

Post by TheImpregnableDerp »

I'm also loving my experience so far on Amia. In particular the variety of powerful gear and ease of access. Can't wait to see what future updates may hold. Thanks devs!
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Just love the shifter class and honestly, well thought out mechanics in Amia. Thanks for taking time and creating these new custom contents to enjoy and explore! <3
Opustus

Post by Opustus »

Thanks for everyone who has had a hand in Amia's storied past and you who keep making it better!

In particular and addition to the above thanks for
-sticking by through the big transition, Beamdog, dramas, lulls in player activity,
-keeping the silly old game fun and fresh and very pretty,
-maintaining our course with a clear vision for the server,
-fostering an open environment that's easy to get into,
-the repairs and your brow's sweat to keep the wonderful piece o shite humming.
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

I should say the new Wave and Serpent has been feeling a lot like home whoever constructed it, and a few other memories been comin' back from when I rebuilt Wharftown with AlannaMolov... to wondering what the new Moonpier will bring >.> Dunno who it is helming that ship, but yar, a pirate's life for me?
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm an older gamer, looking to return to my roots with my first great gaming love, NWN. Of course, I've played most major titles, but it was always the original NWN that gave me my most enjoyable play time

This was my very first evening on the server. I was deeply impressed. I didn't even do much. I spent the evening getting to know the place. The little bit of combat I did was with the goblins outside of town. At least for me, the tuning was spot-on; the more immersive end of casual, without being a grind like most RP servers, or a diablo-style hack fest. It was really good and I very much enjoyed just the right amount of sand-box immersion.

The Paladin handbook was a nice touch. This may sound pretentious, but those are things I really believe in. Tis why I always play Paladins... Well, sometimes Rangers. Sometime Paladin-Rangers

I'm looking forward to playing more, and hopefully getting to interact with you all in-game
Geoffrey D'Perren
Servant of Torm

"Torm abides"
Mask and Riddle

Post by Mask and Riddle »

I wanted to shower praise upon the Dev team for the latest update, and Jes for all the gorgeous skins and mounts!

Also, Geoffery, welcome to Amia! The team puts in an incredible effort and there is a wonderful culture built up in Amia. Happy exploring!
solariuk

Post by solariuk »

Hey all, I'm a returning player and must say I'm really impressed with all the new stuff I've either found or can't remember from last time.

Really glad I bought EE and jumped back in - great people and a great module. :)
Characters:
Arno Grimberg
Walden Swift
Zachary Darksoul
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

frozen-ass for their help on Moonpier and Kohlingen while I was overseeing the changes <3

You did amaze :) I appreciated that skill and also how communicative you were honestly thx again my friend
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

Frozen come back and at least declare your allegiance to the Dev Team and finishing Wharftown I mean Moontown I mean Moonpier I mean Frozenass Endir's I mean Elisa Fryar Ridgewood Cordor Cetha shenanigansss

Who is going to make that second Kohlingen guildhall and do the drama of splitting the portal room into two? Or do you think the Team is now going to rule and say it's just going to stay 1 room now or -- NO DONT LOOK that this post is [insert fire emoji]?

IM NOT FLAMING I JUST MISS FROZEN ok bye frozen really this whole thing was for everyone who has developed Wharftown-Moonpier at all because it has a conglomeration of developers and designers and people who pay attention (like Jes we still need to have that map flipped so it makes sense!) like how the paintings have changed over time in the various iterations of the Slanty Shanty Shady Bar Inn Hideout or how three DMs have played Alaric now and everybody is like d00d u chill bro.

This is a gentle nudge that there were still facets that Xantham and I probably need to work out as the two reigning DMs of the region, but don't worry, I'll check in with Alanna via Instagram to make sure she approves some screenshots of the new inn and Temple of Selune. >.> *I'm dead inside rn*

Can a suicide therapist write that? Discuss. (Don't. If you read this you're a champion and I hope the tone is not too disagreeable. It was meant only to be interesting, and to make you think about Moonpier. Selune ftw. Xantham will u poke me IG sometime while DMside to discuss?- would prefer to discuss NPCs there, for best Amia-specific receipts and focusing. <3
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Lets face it! Dev's been doing a fantastic job with updates. Looking through the Trollo dev uh.. table! It seems clear that more and more new additions and changes are coming impacted by players.

Thanks for all the great work!