Roleplay Praise Thread

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Madam_Jingles

Roleplay Praise Thread

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Wanted to resurrect this topic!

Wanted to thank quite a few people for their fun RP lately!
Mahtan as T'rissvyr
LeathanKayne as Nevelan Knotwise
LoveNoLost as Alenia
rafaelmcgayver as Wilfire Strongfeet
Elyon as Rosary Doodlekins
yimmi as Aedan
jagger as Johnny Hotpockets

Been really enjoying hanging out with you guys lately, there's been a lot of laughs and lot of great RP!
Unlike cheap lasagna, Amia is 100% horse free! Nevermind.
Tempurian

Re: Roleplay Praise Thread

Post by Tempurian »

Thank you Dilo, Carlie Nefzen and Alyssa for absolute fantastic day of roleplaying and hunting! You people are amazing!

PS: Thanks for putting up with my character's poor attempts at rhyming <3 :D
MisterLich

Post by MisterLich »

Everybody at the tournament today, it was a ton of fun, everybody was in good cheer and also Rosary still scares the shit out of me.
poop
Alcomancer

Post by Alcomancer »

Team evil good to see you on
Gerald Edmund
MisterLich

Post by MisterLich »

Ashar, Felix, Beaufort, Laurelia, Gerald, all are a ton of fun and great people to play with. Love you guys.
poop
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Thanks!

At the same time I want to extend my thanks to the community in general! The amount of roleplaying there is going on is amazing! <3 We really can be proud of this as a community. <3<3<3<3

I also want to thank Beaufort Enterprises business partners! I honestly made the the thing just as a fun RP aspect of what was happening in game with all these orders... And now suddenly, I actually have orders that need to be done! :O <3 So thank you all for keeping the roleplay going and giving people chances to get involved. Some of you, as players, gave really good tips on how to get involved. Ask questions, just go in and speak and if nothing else.. Create the roleplay! Without these tips, I don't think I would have Beaufort going as strong as he does :) So kudos to you guys for being amazing!
walnutboy

Post by walnutboy »

I have to say a big thank you to InsertCoin2Continue. The rp last night was funny and enjoyable and made the night... even if we kept getting interrupted! lol
If it's raining, look for Rainbows.
If it's dark, look for stars!
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Just have to bring up again! <3

I have been spending a loooot of time mining, thanks to holidays and because of Corona there is not much anything else to do. So the times I get come out of resource gathering to RP has been worth the hours spend getting the resources! Thank you people for the great roleplay and keeping it going each time! It is appreciated!

Keep being awesome people!
waswar

Post by waswar »

Kael, Gerald, Jaenin, and ... Ania and Luckii are my people!
:heartbeat: you all!
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

TY to T'rissvyr, Peggy, Lilac, Dove, Briza, Sylvia, Laurelia, Ash, Waylon, Lyra, Azier, Matthew and Wilfire for some great RP lately!
It's been fun and I've enjoyed it all!
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Thanks to everyone that meet Jack today and enjoyed a nice meal around a fire. Even the evil need to eat. :)
speedgrab

Post by speedgrab »

Alyssa, Skaeren, Kaci, Ly'nes
For accepting the ol' goblin into your ranks at least for one beast-men hunt. No matter how awkward she made it at points. Cool to see your characters in action!
+ Dill the Goblin + speedgrab#9638
Bhaalorian

Post by Bhaalorian »

Team evil. <3
Laura Jarshall, High priestess of Velsharoon
Nicha Caerus, Priestess of Ilmater
Elwyn Sabel, Warlord of Tempus
Dovesong

Post by Dovesong »

Everyone who has dealt with Calia's bubbliness. She's not your average sun elf! :D
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Jaenin...Dicey on any of his... Jingles... All the new peeps I met in various places... Ashar... Alyssa.. love that helm and eyes... Lianna....The Kobold Brigade.... And those two orcs!

So many more as well.
Rakiov

Post by Rakiov »

<3 love you all, you all have been great to RP with, been having a blast on this server. :)
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

TY to several people for some great RP lately!
Aernoud Brabant - Luckii and Aernoud RPing together has been a lot of fun, especially through the latest events they've gone through. Working together has been a blast!
Ssej Aurix - I really love the dynamic of your character and how real they are, with fears, and reactions to what happens to him. It's really interesting, making me want to know more.
Alenia - Alenia has and always will be a strange person to my toons, but getting to talk to her bit by bit and learning more about her through what she does and how she reacts to things makes me more curious, and I enjoy when she's around.
Saethe Spellsurge - Saethe is a goof. Just one big goof, and I love it about him. He never fails to make me laugh.
Jaenin Fearshby - My favourite thing about Jaenin is how Luckii and him can talk. They have pretty opposite views on political matters, but the fact he can talk so civilly, and they can listen and understand each other while still disagreeing is not a trait that's common. Talking philosphy with Jaenin was particularly enjoyable.
Corrick - It feels like Corrick has opened up more and I've seen more of his inner personality than just the leader-figure I've seen in RP prior. It's been good to see his humourous side, and how he feels about certain things beyond his neutrality.
Wilfire - Luckii's best friend and worst enemy combined, like a true sibling. They fight like cats and dogs in private, scream at each other, and then come together to lean on each other and take care of each other when push comes to shove. Luckii may not always like Wilfire, but she'll always love him as her brother. Even if she threatens otherwise when pissed off.
Bellardia - A newer halfling, but quickly one Luckii has come to trust. I like that Luckii can lean on Bella and confide her innermost feelings to her, when she can't truly do that with anyone else!! Quickly becoming besttiiess!
Olivia Sykes - You know what happened. The new relationship between Luci and Liv has been a rollercoaster, with ups, downs, sideswipes, and more. It's good development all around, I look forward to how these two are gonna try to figure each other out given how different they are in a lot of ways.
Hayt

Post by Hayt »

Thank you to FireandIce for some nice roleplay, as well as Jingles and Ninjamonkey2000.

Altimenner for his inclusivity and help.

Blacke, in spite of never having roleplayed before you're doing fantastic so far, and it's been enjoyable.

Fortunecell for that introduction to the server
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Thank you everyone who joined at Whitestag yesterday. It was a lot of fun!
Login: OldManArchon
Playing: Aernoud, Kohlingen Exile
Nakomis Wolfen

Post by Nakomis Wolfen »

Everyone who answered Darby's call on short notice (even if she did yell a lot) was tons of fun!
Darby Mirth-troubled half-elf with an interest in the sea.
Kaci- short...moody... faithful of Lord Firemane.
Nakomis- protector of frozen lands and her pack.
Mari'Angela- purple orphan gang member.
Analog Kid

Post by Analog Kid »

Maybe a bit of a long time coming...but

Astrudai - The dynamic between Derrin and Ialé is.... creepy.... and hilarious and awesome. You make me love my character even more. Thanks

BitterSweeAroma - Every day. Every time. When ever Derrin and....any of your toons get together....but specifically Silia...I always find new depths for my character. You rock!! :)

BadenBeast - Derrin and Jerand go WWAAAAYYY back, and the RP is still awesome. Every time. Thanks man :)
I Am:
Derrin: 'Nothing to see here'
Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Discord: Analog Kid #5922
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Thank you to everyone who joined the first official Whitestag meeting!
Sir Rafe
Pale Darkness
Chania
Zeritul
Markus Webber
Vinny
Malandria
Aleana Xiloscient
Jill Sjach
Jaenin
waswar

Post by waswar »

I give major :heartbeat: to Gerald Edmund, Markus Webber, Tzikiir, and Altimenner!
DuskenRadholm

Post by DuskenRadholm »

Just want to throw a belated general RP praise to EVERYONE I've RPed with so far. And to everyone I've SEEN doing RP. So far in general this server's just been a blast and even with the relatively big crowd I always find something whether I'm involved or not. The little spring-up RP when people meet on the field, the Dale, the Rest, the fellows at Knight's Hallow, the people of Whitestag and Cystana, the kobold kin scattered around, even Tarkuul and their allies... major hearts to everyone for being pretty welcoming and for how great the server has been so far. Thanks!
Budly

Post by Budly »

Valiandris had a very emotional talk with Laurelia last night. Made me overstay and feel extremely tired at a Zoom meeting this morning...but it was well worth it!
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
FraggleDaggle

Post by FraggleDaggle »

Wanted to thank a few individuals for a good RP. I'm sorry that I don't remember everybody's names correctly. :)
Thanks, Morvayn, for being the guy who stabs things for me while I whine about being too squishy.
Thanks, Zac, for spending an hour making a sketch of Katriona.
Thanks, Altimenner, for giving a really good explanation about illithids.
And thanks, Markus, for showing me around Kholingen's ruins and giving me a lot of backstory that I've missed over the years.
Praise the Prince of Lies. Death to the False Prophets!
Budly

Post by Budly »

Elves! <3
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
Raua

Post by Raua »

I've been enjoying a certain birb-teef lately. ^^

Keep it up!
Seen as [DEV] Raua or...

slknihilus

Post by slknihilus »

I don't (historically) do these often enough, so I wanted to give a quick shoutout to the Drow Gang as well as the Surface Gang for all the interactions of late. Y'all have been wonderful.

A special mention to Galenson as well - hats off to you, sir. I've rarely had the pleasure of a more interesting encounter than the one yesterday.
Budly

Post by Budly »

Elves, Drow and Mages. Thats my last week on Amia. It has been pretty good.
Active :
Galenson

Post by Galenson »

Seeing how I was name dropped...

I'm going to be honest: playing an illusionist has been one of the greatest challenges I've ever conducted in this hobby. Due to the NWN limitations (this is not to insult the dev work done to try and make up for that), I'm mechanically limited at only being able to express the tip of the iceberg of what an Illusionist can and is capable of. I'm instead reliant on imagination, and a vocabulary large enough to describe that sense of scale and imagination adequately. Quite frankly, I've made mistakes along the way and there were several times where I almost gave up entirely.

Because of that, I am deeply aware that to gain greatest effect with such a character that I am dependent on working in collaboration with receptive players who are open-minded enough not only to work with me, but to run with it. To encourage it, fuel it and push it to grow.

Essentially, without the receptive players who have spent the time with her, who have accepted that a significant degree of imagination and open-mindedness is required, playing Jhaeliria would not be possible.

So, thank you.
Plays:

- Lythikos - Red Wizard of Thay

Retired / Blue Moon Characters:

- Jack Galenson
- The Scholar
- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath - "The Twisting Witch"
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Thanks for everyone Jack stalks n harassed daily. Your appreciated... poor Ashar
Nakomis Wolfen

Post by Nakomis Wolfen »

Everyone who showed up to help out on Caraigh! Too many to name (23!) but you know who you are! With your help, Darby was Finally able to finish a very big chapter in her life. A lot of time, love, pain, trauma, and heartbreak came to an epic end after over a decade and I had a blast doing it with everyone who was there to support, annoy, and keep her on edge!!
Darby Mirth-troubled half-elf with an interest in the sea.
Kaci- short...moody... faithful of Lord Firemane.
Nakomis- protector of frozen lands and her pack.
Mari'Angela- purple orphan gang member.
Budly

Post by Budly »

I play on all sides of the spectrum with my alt mess. Its a fine line to wander. From Sylveeras hate filled passion, to Valiandrias eccentric arrogance and the odd calm of Barrililath when she feels that way.

The good folks, the Drow and even "The bad guys" in the Tarkie remnant, you all add something. The latter, for those who knows me is a peculiar thing to say! But Amia is pretty vibrant and living again cause of all of the groups that RP in their own corners as oppposites and enemies but make Amia as a whole!

Good stuff.
Active :
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Everyone at the impromptu pub night yesterday. It was a lot of fun!
- Aedan
- Wilfire
- Bellardia
- Markus Webber
- Ania
- Reimar
- Luckii
- Rosary
- Carden
InsertCoin2Continue

Post by InsertCoin2Continue »

Hot spring meetings should happen more often.

Y'all are wonderful. Including you, Orange Elemental Essence.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Hotspring orgy success I agree. :)

Will have to plan out another off the wall random thing. I love little hidden gems.
Budly

Post by Budly »

Thanks to the "Drow band" earlier. You know who you are!
Active :
PassionateShadow

Post by PassionateShadow »

Shout out to everyone who came and showed up today It was a ton of fun and will definitely be one of the more memorable experiences I had on the server. I had a TON of fun with it and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved that made it such a great experience! <3 Much love to you all!

Extra big shout out to the Kobold crew. You guys have made my whole week! I really enjoy playing with you all and you have made a big positive impact on my life and I just wanted to say thanks for that! Some great rp going on and some nice refreshing detail and intimate moments between characters. I really enjoyed the whole group efforts with Fellowship plays too! It in has been hella epic. Thanks a lot for the amazing week!
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

IKoI

Post by IKoI »

PassionateShadow wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:06 am Shout out to everyone who came and showed up today It was a ton of fun and will definitely be one of the more memorable experiences I had on the server. I had a TON of fun with it and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved that made it such a great experience! <3 Much love to you all!

Extra big shout out to the Kobold crew. You guys have made my whole week! I really enjoy playing with you all and you have made a big positive impact on my life and I just wanted to say thanks for that! Some great rp going on and some nice refreshing detail and intimate moments between characters. I really enjoyed the whole group efforts with Fellowship plays too! It in has been hella epic. Thanks a lot for the amazing week!

Was only able to attend for a short time but was very entertaining. 8D RP props to all, especially Lady Victoria! An Amian first for me!
Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch follower of Helm the Vigilant One
Milly can run the Mino Maze in under 12 Parsecs
Sevk

Post by Sevk »

I'd like to thank Galenson for the encounters with Jhaeliria. Aside from intentions being as veiled as the illusions she draws across herself, Xa'chena is never quite sure what to make of it all, or how much animosity there truly is. But enlightning or a nostalgic reminder of where she hails from, their conversations allow some of Xa'chena's more secluded parts to shine. And I'm thankful for each time it happens.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Kudos to Jingles for her lecture.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

I want to give a shoutout to Abdullah, Pale, and the other Order of the Mending Heart members. As a faction, as characters, and players, they are so helpful and supportive - never seeking the spotlight but always willing to support other's fun - that it sets an example to us all.
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Elorathall wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:04 pm I want to give a shoutout to Abdullah, Pale, and the other Order of the Mending Heart members. As a faction, as characters, and players, they are so helpful and supportive - never seeking the spotlight but always willing to support other's fun - that it sets an example to us all.
This, all of this. The Order has been doing amazingly and props to Abdullah for spear-heading it, and everyone involved in it. You guys rock!
Kamina

Post by Kamina »

I'd like to say thanks to Pew as Pygs, 6_shot as Nib, Speedgrab as Dill and the various other monsterfolk and Drow that Skumlord has been interacting with these past 2 weeks. Have had a blast thus far!
EPSILON V3 | Skumlord | Alphonse Ondenfare
Suffering Hunter

Post by Suffering Hunter »

I've not interacted with Skumlord, but it's always funny seeing him screech about this or that. Well I did interact, I told a goblin joke when I got back from AFK, and apparently everyone was being racist that one day. *Whistles innocently.*
Known by many characters such as,

Lothain - I swear it was just a kiss!
Destinysdesire

Post by Destinysdesire »

The members of the Fellowship, the Mending Heart, and d'Velith I have been RPing with and all the others, and truly....kudos to Lothain for his IC pain and suffering and taking it like a truly great player! Matthew also for helping me figure a LOT of the server stuff out, and of course the DMs and Devs for an AMAZING server!!
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Wanted to shout out a few people for lots of fun RP!
Killian, Valzar, Karifsauriv, Zelly, Lothain, and Asher for all having very interesting toons that I've had the priviledge of getting to know more!

Helena, Apollo, Jakes, Rosary, and Leif for some of the funniest RP I've had in a while, all of you have hilarious moments and I am all too happy to be involved in them XD

I'm pretty sure Helena and Luckii in particular could be the stars in their own sitcom XD
TheSojourner

Post by TheSojourner »

I've had some fantastic roleplay ever since coming back - and there are more than some old faces that I'm actually excited to see again (which a RL golem like me, is pretty much above my normal of 0 emotion per year).

I wanted to give a shoutout to a few of the new (to me) faces that I've had the pleasure to share my recent time - those being:
Lothain, the bard-knight. The last regular human of Amia. A very well-constructed and expressive character that is very, very self aware of his situation and everything that happens around him. Which only makes him better to me.
Yatari - the very, very cursed, very haunted cinnamon roll of a physician that just wants to be gooood. Yatari is cautious, amusing, mischievous, and a little accidentally creepy, and I absolutely adore her, and probing how deep her thoughts really go.
Dilo. Dilo goes BZZZZZZZZT and vibrates things out of existence. Also, he's a mute lizardling that relies on very expressive narrative to respond to anything and everything the best he can, sometimes better than one could actually achieve with words, and he's just incredibly cute. Even when he's defying the laws of time and space to vibrate faster than what any god should actually allow. Or can control at this point.
Asher is the Doomslayer. He's just this regular guy that tries to not be a complete wreck and keep on sailing, and he often contrasts his strange and near chivalrous manners with a very crude, very raw and blunt nature and way of expressing things. And I'm 99% that he's just going to turn into the Doomslayer one day and we'll barely notice the difference .
And Ivan. Ivan is Ivan, and he's a twat, a sham, a cur, a ruffian, a disgrace most foul and probably a bastard too. I would hug Ivan, just to see him squirm uncomfortably at the prospect of non-sensual affection.

There's more, but that's my quota for the day.
The rest of y'all will have to wait your turn to get happy words.
Madam_Jingles

Post by Madam_Jingles »

Wanted to thank Bellardia, Wilfire, and Killian for the roars of laughter a few days ago in Cystana! That poor couch never stood a chance.

Malandria for setting up the Story Night, and everyone who came and shared some kind of story, it was a blast, though Ivan and Ais' comments definitely had me giggling the most! Seeing Kel and Jud there was also a big happy for me!

Literally anyone who brings up the Kraken thing to Luckii XD Though she gets annoyed, I can't help but grin given THAT is what she is somehow known for now XD

Jarkil for being a geniunely interesting character to get to know, he has a lot of depth to him, though I tend to enjoy any of Albacksen's toons given the wide range he's able to play! Takes some talent!

Abdullah for always being kind, I can always expect a nice interaction when I see him about, same with most of the Order, and Kuria for the give-and-take teasing that always puts a smile on my face.

Ashar, because this grill is not a home without you. Ashar makes me laugh quite a bit OOC, I really enjoy watching him. Though to the entirety of the Tarkuulian remnants, from Ashar himself, to Aithne, the Rudhi sisters, and the friends that surround them, the fact you guys stick to your guns and continue to play 'evil' characters is really impressive. I enjoy the conflict it brings IC, though I know it's DEFINITELY not always easy given how certain characters react.

Karifsauriv for playing one of most interesting toons I've seen in some time. Though Karif seems very conditioned to be a certain kind of way that (to me) seems very authentic and realistic for what a kobold would be like, he does have a lot of layers to him. Him and Luckii becoming friends really lets me peek into that and it's been a joy so far to learn more about the Angrybold.

Ais, for being Ais. Always quick to make a joke or ease up tension with his light-heartedness, him being drunk last night and princess-carried by Karla made me snort. Plus how he's always leaning on either a person or on air is a very amusing characteristic.
Speaking of Karla, easily one of my favourite toons to see online. Though Luckii may not always 'get' her, Karla and Hiccup are some of the best. We need Hiccup to 'hiccup' lava again, though. That bug was too perfect to remove imo. XD

Lastly, Aernoud. Aernoud has become someone Luckii looks up to almost like a role model or some sort of fatherly figure, with her feeling that she can go to him to improve not only how she performs in her various jobs, but has helped her realize it's okay to want more and have dreams beyond her duties. Due to Aernoud, Luckii now has retirement goals instead of just assuming she'll die in battle some day, and is trying to curb her temper when handling not-so-fun situations. It's been a lot of fun for the duo to become better friends, and think about what they may get to do in the future when it comes to Kohlingen! Plus he's very much shifted from a shy man to a more confident leader in the last months, and that's been really awesome to witness the growth of a leader emerging out of someone who at the beginning seemed very unsure of himself.

Of course there are many many others I've also have fun interactions with, so to Amia as a whole; keep it up!