Roleplay Praise Thread

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Astrudai

Re: Roleplay Praise Thread

Post by Astrudai »

I really need to be better about posting here, and using the DC wand. Shame on you, Astrudai! Ialé has been on a roll of running into some fantastic characters lately, and I've done a poor job of letting them know they were tons of fun. So, here's a few of them (abc by player name):

Derrin (Analog Kid). Dude, you know why. This praise has been a long time coming. Years, really. You may not realize it, but you've made the shadowdancing lore and the Academy a top-shelf vintage that I've had a taste of several times with several different characters. Always a pleasure playing with you, my friend.
Luckii (Madam_Jingles). You have been the down-to-Toril stress relief for Ialé, and while she sometimes feels bad that she can't always be the same for Luckii, I've had fun watching their relationship slowly evolve. From nervously approaching her about a single celestial spear to trusting only her and one other with the care of that precious tattoo, I have to say it's been one of the most subtly organic friendships, which is super cool.
James Baern Malhinde (Marauder). This has been hilarious, honestly, because I know what a clever, funny guy you can be. Watching you play Baern as innocent and... not dumb, but... "unaware"? Especially when you throw in subtle references or fourth wall breaks. But aside from that, you're still pushing major plot... and using other characters' stories and ambitions to do it. All-around great roleplay, man. Love it.
Tempest (Pinkhaml86). What a trip. I'm a big fan of Tempest OOC. And let's be honest, Ialé likes him plenty too. I have greatly enjoyed seeing the various sides and depths of this character and getting to know him. We've opened several doors together now, and I am looking forward to seeing where things go with intense anticipation. Keep on being badass!
Nightingale (Raphel Gray). I cannot seem to consistently get online at the same time as you, and that really bums me out. I love the dynamic between our characters and I see a ton of potential for plot movement with them, but we never seem to have the time! That said, I always enjoy the times we do have, and I eagerly await more.
Eiladariel (Yukine). I can't not. I simply have to bring Eila into this. We've played together before, but wow. I am blown away by this character you've written, and I am a huge, huge fan. Not only for the backstory and the attitude, but because she complements so incredibly well without being a pushover. There are lots of things going for Eila, and I'm so glad you decided to share her with us.

There have been a few others too, so I'll try to keep a note of people I need to write pretty paragraphs for. :P
Thank you all for such stellar roleplay! See you IG soon!
Ialé Lunathiliir
"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars."

My Discord tag is Astrudai#0321. Feel free to ping me!
TheMadMage

Post by TheMadMage »

Oh boy there are so many, but I’ll start with three for now!

[Soft as Yin - In’ei] Honestly the person Ashar role plays with the most, I love their interactions whether it is hunting, faction business, or just goofing off at the store. In’ has this mischievous and mysterious vibe that really makes things interesting, while also bringing out a caring side of Ashar that I didn’t expect to have with the character.

[Puresoul - Aithne] Aithne was one of the first people Ash met when he got involved with the remnants group. She has this down to earth, goal oriented personality that really meshes well with Ash. I jokingly call her the afk queen, because we literally just sit and stare at a wall when not many people are on, but we also have had some really deep and cool conversations when things are slow.

[Galenson - Jhaeliria] I feel like any roleplay shout-out isn’t complete without mentioning this legend. I don’t roleplay with Jhaeliria quite as much as the others, but dang it’s fun every time. I don’t know how Galenson does it, but he can make things like pacing and drinking from a cup just come alive with illusions and in depth writing. It really inspires me to remember to add little details into my own roleplay.

There are so many others, and I’ll be adding more here occasionally. Love you guys, and thanks for the fun hobby!
Budly

Post by Budly »

To my suprise on Barrililath last night I saw a...Kenku! Kuki-ku! Thats honestly unique and I think it was well played from what I know about em! Kudos on playing something so different and odd for Amia! I do look forward to see this little bird lady interact more with her surroundings and of course, my Drow.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
Arterin

Post by Arterin »

I like everyone's RP. Always find it fun when I get RP going with someone. :)
Arterin Heldeion
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Mad props to Shadowflame and Ryrik, was super awesome to learn some Lore of the server's past and RP with you all. 8D
Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch follower of Helm the Vigilant One
Milly can run the Mino Maze in under 12 Parsecs
Dead

Post by Dead »

Shout out to Asya, Aithne, Kili as well as TheLastDragonRider for a very enjoyable RP evening!
Underdork

Post by Underdork »

My fellow Zau'tars! Hail to the queen ba-beh!
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector
draggedthrough

Post by draggedthrough »

Got a lot of appreciation for a lot of what has gone on with a lot of people in-game lately (well, since I started) , but I'm squeezing this one in at the end of a break:

Just wanted to feed back a little love for Pigeon's EDIT: got my P birds mixed up PARROT'S 'A Figure Returns' forum post (not just because I may have been behind that soured elf), and shine a light's Jericho Fel output thus far! Giving more meat and weight to what we don't see is always welcome, when done well. And you guys are doing it.
Ilelwe N'Faenahrn- One, among The People

Houwen Crowstruck - Went down with something, but doing better now

Oftensaid - Me, poor thing? No. You, poor thing.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Thank you to those in the Wave and Serpent today! Been a while since my tooth pain has allowed me to play for more than a few minutes, and I had a blast with my silly Cromlech. Love you guys!
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Yimmi

Post by Yimmi »

Well lately to all who have made my days as of late, I might be missing quite a lot of you but:

The hin duo of Rosary and Wilfire, always a blast to mess around you two
The pointy ear ones with Ile... Ilelwe... and Ania :D!
The shadowflames, good family, good times
Joseph Black, the merc talking and goofing around
Tempest, Isa and peggy, they add spice to everyplace they are.

And in general everyone I've been interacting with lately, sorry if I miss names!
-Hjalmarr Arneleif: Skol!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

Happy to revive this thread for the month of May, and inspire some last-minute additions before the next month begins... :)(No pressure though)

-----------

Asya, Az - if you know, you know. The Dynamic Duo. I'm incredibly thrilled to see this character still around, and happy to be able to get to know you a little better, as a player/OOC oldtimer. Asya and Sam have found both new and old pieces of themselves in the other one, it seems, and I can't find the best words to say how exciting the roleplay has been progressing for Sam- and therefore me as a player... it's full of so much layered knowledge and intimate understanding of the most pivotal moments of Sam's character development, even if we've had these characters we've played for, probably, too long. Thanks. You deserve RP Praise for so much, but I won't mention Asya's epic past accomplishments in detail. Hopefully people want to find out for themselves. Tentacle Madness. And I vote "Steal The Throne" as a new Amian game of choice.

Xy'glythar AKA The Traveller - Another old face that has made Samantha's return memorable. He does remember who she was, and who she may yet become, in his own... Xy-styled way. :) The most enjoyable parts are how Samantha predicts his behavior, and still finds herself surprised by his opinions. A fun play on thought-to-action for an observational player like me.

Zellani Simmons - Really, I don't have words, again. The singular character who has the understanding of Samantha she does, and the site admin now to boot! Congrats on your book life, thanks for saving the world I've loved for multiple decades of my life now and extra- mounds- of Roleplay Praise for this character you've followed for so long. Zellani, Zelly, The Copper... she's her Bloodline true to form, and so much more. I imagine everyone wants to get to know the main of the main Dragonlady now and I'm incredibly grateful to have meaningful character history, current RP Praise to throw at you and new opportunity with the legendary dragonkin, the DD queen. <3

Ryrik F./Shadowflame - THE NEW SHADOWFLAME CHAPTER BEGINS. >.> I can't give away all the feelings Sam has about the House in question, but yaaaasssss, Shadowflames get it. This family has legendary dragon beginnings of their own and Ryrik is going to do the House some solemn, detailed glory. The RP already has been interesting, and you, another oldtimer I regret not knowing better beforehand OOC. We oldtimers lived in a different land of OOC communication before the new gamer revolution of Fortnite and teenage raging via headset. It's inspiring to see who- and what characters- have survived, and what scars they continue to carry from Old Amia. (Is that what we're calling it? I just chose a name.. Sam and I have that in common. >.>)

Darby Mirth - OK. It was just one, too short RP so far. Everyone knows that Darby and Sam are the OG Duo, though, if they were around them in the land before Time. >.> See what I did there? UGH BUT REALLY GET ON MORE JUST FOR ME/RP. Amia, this character and player are old, but they play youthful, dynamic characters better than any of us. Darby 4 lyfe.

Erelkacha Kenlyl - Kudos to us for being delivering direct, open conflict between well-established characters- and being just as dedicated to the reverse. The two have been finding their own way, through the past and into the future, given they both end up staying alive. Seems unlikely for all the old people, after all they've witnessed, though... at least Kacha has that elf lifespan. If she makes it, she's got a much longer road, and it's exciting to see the Shrine still breathing, when so many other settlements have suffered such extravagant losses. (Don't get me wrong. Love the changes.) Just love some stability, and seeing it in Kacha, too! Sam can drink more than Kacha nanananana >.> jkjk I wasn't taunting them wanting a drinking competition to happen again or anything.........

Zac R. - You may be one of the first new faces Samantha encountered, and well, you done lived up to the Amia hype that keeps so many players coming back for more. Zac is fun. He's weird, he's different, he's everything Amia is in its soul... and he's part of the backstory, to boot! Love seeing new characters that incorporate the dynamic history of this module and the many developments its gone through! Love seeing new ones that bring things completely new, too, but it'll take Sam longer to involve herself in the rest of it. She's such an old crone. >.>

Rosary and all the hinfolk - Like, Rose, are you the faction/settlement leader of the century or what?! Samantha has a newfound respect for Rosary and all of Bendir Dale, I think, returning as she has after so long... and so much change. They may not have interacted a ton, yet, but I believe there are only interesting and spontaneous moments for these two ahead!

**I'm sure there's a bunch of others, and I do usually get around to more posts in these generally positive praise threads. One of the more fun topics we've ever created Amia-style, and one I've greatly missed, seeing the joy roleplay creates- while understanding what kind of RP stimulates what players I've watched over years now- it truly differs, and it should! Persistent, dynamic worlds are meant for group storytelling and that requires a large, active and invested playerbase. Excited to experience more of it, and excited to see if Samantha's story will finally come to an end, or new beginnings. Maybe both? Ah, dichotomy...**
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

San for the roleplay with Terrora 'Tess' lately. I'm very curious how it will continue to evolve.
Login: OldManArchon
Playing: Aernoud, Kohlingen Exile
Galenson

Post by Galenson »

I've been feeling the departure of my fellow Australian Underdarkers more then most, however there are a few people to thank of late who have had good interactions with Jhaeliria aka The Twisting Witch.

Kiin'Killin Vilrath and Wilvraen Vilrath: Two fellow Vilraths. I don't get the opportunity to see my own faction colleagues much due to timezones, but its always appreciated when you guys make the effort. Its obvious that the two adore Jhaeliria (or atleast her mind) in their own way: Wilvraen following her like an over-protective shadow and Kiin'killin always desperately seeking her acknowledgement with his latest achievement. Always a pleasure.

Xa'chena Tinnerai: Jhaeliria and Xa'chena have always had a bit of an interesting history. Despite their opposing positions, there is a sense of kinship or atleast acknowledgement of the same. In Xa'chena, Jhaeliria sees a relatable figure: a female who likely endured similar scorn that she does due to a lack of divine connection. Yet Xa'chena is obviously more politically correct in the company of the surface then Jhaeliria is.

Cailet and Laurelia: Again, these two are in opposing positions. Sacrificial fodder as far as Jhaeliria is concerned. However, with the absence of Naltyrr, these two have formed a semi-surrogate replacement for the master transmuter: two individuals of arcane study and focus with which Jhaeliria can atleast share some form of understanding with. Even if she perceives them and their schools of study inferior to herself. Suffice to say, both of their patience levels are high, having interacted with the Twisting Witch as they have.

Erel'kacha Kenlyl: Encounters between Erel'kacha and Jhaeliria are always tense. Both of them see something worth corrupting in the other: Erel'kacha trying to teach Jhaeliria that she's more then a tool... and Jhaeliria trying to explain that she is happy being a tool to someone she knows rather then being ignorant of the fact. The two despise each other's philosophies... but Erel'kacha so far has always come out on top. The encounters are always appreciated Ravenovf.

There are likely others. But that will do for now.
Plays:

- Lythikos - Red Wizard of Thay

Retired / Blue Moon Characters:

- Jack Galenson
- The Scholar
- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath - "The Twisting Witch"
waswar

Post by waswar »

Cailet and Eiyan has been the companions that Laurelia has needed for quite a time on Amia, and the both of them I credit for making a quick dip into Amia bloom into something that has lasted quite a while longer, and hopefully still for some time. A lonely, dejected soul has sense found her pride and drive again, able to perform the work she is passionate with and serve the interests of the three of them.

Xa'chena is another one, and a very recent but fascinating character that has caught Laurelia's eye. More than anyone has she been able to help Laurelia put forth her thoughts, long-held and suppressed, and discuss them in a humanizing fashion, one that has had Laurelia see her own flaws, yet also to hold her head high over the paths she has taken versus what could have been. Not to mention she's helped to ground the Sun Elf when she was at one of her lower points. If there's a character who portrays high wisdom in an insanely excellent fashion, it would be Xa'chena: Seldom have I interacted with characters that make mine think not just at an intellectual, pragmatic level, but at the more emotional and intrinsic ones, to help the character discover bits of themselves.

Jhaeliria ... Oh Jhaeliria. This Drow intensely frustrates Laurelia in her stand-offish ways, and yet fascinates the wayward Sun Elf all the same, with how talented and how sure of herself she is. Definitely a roving between dislike and fascination, something that may be mutually beneficial, or mutually destructive to either, depending on how things go!
waswar

Post by waswar »

Wtf Galenson you can't do this to us!

But it was a pleasure to see the master of Illusions work her magic, even if emotionally concluded a very tumultuous state of affairs.
Amarice-Elaraliel

Post by Amarice-Elaraliel »

Thanks to all who attended for a fun story night with a lot of entertaining stories! ❤️
walnutboy

Post by walnutboy »

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:38 am Thanks to all who attended for a fun story night with a lot of entertaining stories! ❤️
They are always fun! Thanks to all who took part!!
If it's raining, look for Rainbows.
If it's dark, look for stars!
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

Mari the trash goblin and her bardboi
Elven archer friendly fire murderbot
Roland Shadowflame the Charming Councilsir
and Albacksen on Karla, with a last name that brought some fun metaphorical imagery :D
Well, jeeze, Sam might have been triggered, but I thought it was great nostalgia and fun. Thanks! <3
Yimmi

Post by Yimmi »

Luci Whitefang, the Rp, the exploration and how to turn something as tedious as finding an adecuate place to lvl into a RP opportunity and always IC. Hope to see more of that wizard lady!

Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

I second Luci Whitefang

I also nominate Jhul'ae Myafin for tribute

Lastly
I want to thank everyone who participated in my plotlines while beginning as a Dungeon Master
I've never DMed anywhere else and I don't play tabletop (I know, weird) so it was a huge opportunity and learning experience
I was in awe of some of the players' dedication even during some slower times to trying to advance server culture (mainly Moonpier efforts- keep it up!)

Xantham, props to you, too- for playerside and DMside work you rock man <3
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

George.
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Just a real good shutout to Bag of Felt, not only do they roleplay their toons so fantastically believable way, but on top of that they are just a fantastic and helpful person within the Amia community. Can't wait to get some more shenanigans with your toon! <3
Bag of Felt

Post by Bag of Felt »

*blush* Thanks! But RP can only be as good as the people you bounce it off of, Temp!
The bag of felt holds the jewels of fate.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Thanks to everyone who joined the Kohlingen Fair. There was haggling, shenanigans, and drama. Good times!
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

Elorathall who plays Aernoud. It's not easy playing a flawed character and the cause of contention, but it's done so well that it has created interesting interactions for those with and around him. Refreshing to see a player character drive a story in such a way!
Rosary Doodlekins - Hin Candy Witch
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

A huge thank you to everyone who came to see the Van Brabant trial! There was drama! There was anger! But it's all over now! ❤️

Much love to spectators, to Bag, and especially to Elorathall! These kinds of situations where you have characters going at each others' throats are hard to pull off and can devolve into an OOC conflict. But Elor is just an amazing, graceful partner for conflict RP and I have loved telling this story with him.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Oof, what a rollercoaster. And the outcome certainly sets the stage for personal tragedy and/or greatness - a lot of roleplay potential for a lot of other players.

So many people - in fact, I think the majority of the player base - contributed to this story in big and small ways, and you've all been great. Special kudos to BagoFelt for managing this (perhaps unexpected) chaos, and Jes for running IC with a conflict she may not have expected or wanted.
Amarice-Elaraliel

Thanks to all who were at the Grove Winter Festival yesterday.

It was amazing to see so many in one spot!
Amarice-Elaraliel

A big thanks to all who organized and participated in the surprise party yesterday! I had a blast! <3
walnutboy

Post by walnutboy »

It was fun :)
Amarice-Elaraliel

Thanks to all who showed up at the Greengrass Festival today for some Unicorn fun!
walnutboy

Post by walnutboy »

Running Unicorns was fun! :mrgreen:
Yimmi

Post by Yimmi »

Ilianna, ashar, Rosary and anzo... what an unexpected but fun adventure with unicorns!

LtMayhem

Post by LtMayhem »

Daemon Cain, Throkk, Your back in forth while hunting trolls made my night. I was rolling. Keep up the good work.