Portrait Service!

For all general, Amia-related discussions.
Astrudai

Portrait Service!

Post by Astrudai »

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd offer to resize and/or crop portraits for your characters. Sometimes details get lost in those teeny-tiny pics and you can't even tell what's in them. However, you can crop the image so it only includes the important details and it becomes more readable as it goes down in size, like this:
ImageImageImageImageImage

If I hadn't cropped this portrait, that tiniest pic would be a vague mess of dots that's barely recognizable as a person. Also, you can change the direction of the portrait so it makes more sense with the game's UI. For that matter, you can use a different pic for each size of the portrait set, if you want. I wouldn't recommend it, but... technically, it's possible (and keep in mind, Jes still has to approve these before she just tosses stuff into the portrait pack).

Some quick info: yes, that blank "dead space" at the bottom is supposed to be there. Don't worry, you won't see it in game. And you can provide whatever reference you want. I'll worry about the dead space, you just worry about what picture you want. :)
The game will need all five sizes- huge, large, medium, small, and tiny.
-- Huge pictures show up in character creation when you're picking your portrait. (NOTE: that will only be the case if you save the portrait pack in your "portraits" folder, but saving all the Amia portraits there has a tendency to crash your game, so I'd recommend only putting them in "override" folder instead. You'll see them in Amia, but never during character creation.)
-- Large pictures show up on your character sheet.
-- Medium pictures are what you see at the top right of the game's UI.
-- Small pictures are what others see when you're in their party (along the right side of the screen).
-- Tiny pictures are the ones that pop up in chat.
A far more detailed explanation of ALL the specifics can be found here, if you're a curious nerd like me. :P

So if you ever need a portrait converted, cropped, whatever, feel free to poke me! I'm happy to do it for ya. Comment here, PM me, or find me on Discord (Astrudai#0321).
Ialé Lunathiliir
"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars."

My Discord tag is Astrudai#0321. Feel free to ping me!