EE - Graphics Tips

Trouble with NWN, connecting, or game files? Get help here!
Khylaria

EE - Graphics Tips

Post by Khylaria »

A number of things have changed, graphics-wise, with the release of NWN Enhanced Edition. Some people find some of the graphics changes to be, good. Others hate some of the changes with a burning passion. This thread will be used to provide information about how to "undo" some of those changes.

To access EE's built-in Debug Menu, start up the game and press ctrl + Shift + f12, all at the same time (On some computers, like mine, you'll also need to press the Fn/function key just before the f12 key is pressed). This should bring up 5 buttons at the top of your screen - Resman, Net, GUI, Config, and Steam. The tips below all deal with settings under the Config button's menu.

"Things in the background are too blurry!"
  • Uncheck the box next to the "Reset" button on the Enable Depth of Field line, as seen here:

"My game is too dark!"
  • There's a built-in gamma slider, with which you can change the brightness of the game to your liking. The lower the number, the brighter it gets.
    Alternatively, Steam users can subscribe to Symphony's HDR Contrast Shader Override here.

"What is the weird bubble around my character that lets me see through walls and stuff?!"
  • Keyholing is a feature that, for whatever reason, Beamdog decided it would be a good idea to port over from the game's mobile version. The setting to disable it can be found here (again, uncheck the box(es) in question):

The above seem to be the three biggest complaints our players have had. Other tips/tricks may be posted in the future, so watch this space!
PassionateShadow

Re: EE - Graphics Tips

Post by PassionateShadow »

THANK YOU SO MUCH
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour