Soundset Override Issue

Trouble with NWN, connecting, or game files? Get help here!
ihmajin

Soundset Override Issue

Post by ihmajin »

Hello, prospective player here, and I've encountered an issue during character creation.

I have extracted the 169 Portrait and Soundset Unlocker 2da's (for SoU+HotU) into my < Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override > folder so that I may access soundsets that are included in the game but not available to the players by default. However, during character creation for this server these "unlocked" soundset's are not available for me to choose.

Note, that these voices are available to me for single player character creation and persist even after I save the single player game, exit NWN EE, delete soundset.2da from the override folder, relaunch the game, and load my character.

My questions:

1) Do I need place the override in a location other than < Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override > for it to work on this server?

2) Are there in-game ways to change my soundset?

3) Are there any alternative files, similar to the Amia hands and feet override, that I need to use instead?

Thank you for your help,

~ ihmajin ~
Jes
I like dragons.

Re: Soundset Override Issue

Post by Jes »

Because of the way nwsync works, you need to put it in your development folder instead. In the same directory the override is in.

There's no way to change your voice in game yet, but that's on our to do list.
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
ihmajin

Re: Soundset Override Issue

Post by ihmajin »

Thank you for your quick reply, @Jes! I would like to confirm that placing the soundset.2da into the development folder solved my issue. Look forward to seeing you in game!