EE will not launch

Trouble with NWN, connecting, or game files? Get help here!
LastDragonRider

EE will not launch

Post by LastDragonRider »

Original Problem: Steam lost the file connection for starting it, told me to install it, and that's the fix for that problem.

It created a new problem: After it did that, EE would not launch, it acts like it's going to when I click the play button, but after about 30s it stops and then asks me to click play again, this also happens when I try to launch it from my desktop icon. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.. still will not launch.
Vaeros the Flamewrought
Duke Khayri Aphaeleon ~
Duke of Greengarden, Kingdom of Kohlingen,
Knight of Hoar

Lady Kestrel Faramond ~
Field Medic of the Foehammer

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur.
Budly

Re: EE will not launch

Post by Budly »

Have you tried to verify the files in Steam itself? Sometimes this helps. But it sounds like your reinstalling should help. Might be some spare files laying somewhere that screws with your install. I hope someone with more tech know how can help you! But sometimes a odd fix like just verifying it it removes and reinstalls some old files it thought already was there might fix it.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
robbi320

Re: EE will not launch

Post by robbi320 »

I'd suggest uninstalling, and making sure both the location in steamapps (Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/Neverwinter Nights) but also the files in Documents are empty. Because especially the Documents, I don't think, gets uninstalled by steam.