Old people grousing or the welcome back and go away thread

For all other discussions or topics that don't go in the other forums.
Budly

Re: Old people grousing or the welcome back and go away thread

Post by Budly »

TheSojourner wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:20 pm I, spectacularly, burned out.

To no one's surprise, playing my lizard takes a huge amount of energy, and the three things that keep me going are not present at the moment, so I was starting to run on fumes. I might drop back eventually, when my interest is drawn in once more.
BReak time is good time. Hang in there! Amia be around when you return.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
aconitealchemist

Post by aconitealchemist »

Hi people.
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Sorry I have not been around last couple of days, got my Vaccine shot and have been feeling horrible. On the bright side, been re-watching Vampire Diaries and now want to make a Vamp Toon! lol
Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch follower of Helm the Vigilant One
Milly can run the Mino Maze in under 12 Parsecs
Budly

Post by Budly »

Im gone. If someone needs me or want to talk or ask something. Im on discord.
Active :
Shelved/Pseudo Shelved/Request only : Budly, Sylveera, Valiandris, Barrililath, Tetrik, Mashaara, Mir'nas
Blightstrider

Post by Blightstrider »

I'll be departing from the server. Whether it's for good, or only temporary, I am not sure - I am never sure.

My reasons are entirely personal and have nothing to do with the server. Life is too consuming, the Australian time zone is cruel and I don't have the time to invest in Amia anymore.

Specials thanks to the past and present DM team (Jes and Xantham in particular) for everything thus far.

Anyway, those who know me are free to contact me on Discord if they ever need anything.

Peace all.
ZoltanTheRed

Post by ZoltanTheRed »

Blightstrider wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:14 am I'll be departing from the server. Whether it's for good, or only temporary, I am not sure - I am never sure.

My reasons are entirely personal and have nothing to do with the server. Life is too consuming, the Australian time zone is cruel and I don't have the time to invest in Amia anymore.

Specials thanks to the past and present DM team (Jes and Xantham in particular) for everything thus far.

Anyway, those who know me are free to contact me on Discord if they ever need anything.

Peace all.
Seeya around, man.
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

I quit.

I'm gonna miss Peggy. A lot. And all the time I invested.
This one's to the mighty sea, mischief, gold and piracy!~
Cratz

Post by Cratz »

..Well that certainly sucks to see.
People who want to find me know where to find me.
Cratz

Post by Cratz »

Tried getting back into Amia.

Didn't work.

Watching one of the more influential people leave didn't help.
People who want to find me know where to find me.
Jes
I like dragons.

Post by Jes »

Unlocked this and cleaned it up. Mind forum rules, please!
Moonseer Sui'Aerl Valis - Guardian of Moonpier
Ailahra - Servant of Nature
---
Also seen as [DM] Hlal or [DM] Dragonlady.
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

8 years.

I've out 8 years into amia. It helped me alot during some low times in the beginning. Those 8 years are spread mostly between 2 characters. Andy being the oldest.

I'm leaving for a few reasons, but animosity or anger is not one of them.

I'd like to thank the team, both old and new, for making those 8 years fun, and dynamic, and interesting.

I'd like to thank the developers, also both old and new. For giving us a world full of wonder, and excitement.

But most of all, I'd like to thank the players. Your own dynamics and interpretations of how amia is/was/could be is what really kept me playing. The dreams and visions of what's next and where to go really showed passion for the game. And the way people told stories of how something happend, even tho I was there and saw it, showed the imagination of each and every one of you.

I'm going to miss alot of you. Some more than others.

Be nice to one another.
Pinky.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Revak

Post by Revak »

Pinkhaml86 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:47 pm 8 years.

I've out 8 years into amia. It helped me alot during some low times in the beginning. Those 8 years are spread mostly between 2 characters. Andy being the oldest.

I'd like to thank the team, both old and new, for making those 8 years fun, and dynamic, and interesting.

I'd like to thank the developers, also both old and new. For giving us a world full of wonder, and excitement.

But most of all, I'd like to thank the players. Your own dynamics and interpretations of how amia is/was/could be is what really kept me playing. The dreams and visions of what's next and where to go really showed passion for the game. And the way people told stories of how something happend, even tho I was there and saw it, showed the imagination of each and every one of you.

Be nice to one another.
Pinky.
Well, that sucks.

It's been a pleasure dude. Won't be a goodbye as i'll see you around on Discord - and perhaps back on the server after a long while.
Ania Viranirn - Alcoholic Elf
Azeriel Caerus - Servant of the Triad
T'riss'ace Reynolds - Xas!
Yimmi

Post by Yimmi »

Pinkhaml86 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:47 pm 8 years.

Be nice to one another.
Pinky.

Take care man and take as long as you need. We'll be here and discord is always there too.
-Hjalmarr Arneleif: Skol!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...
Metalien

Post by Metalien »

Well, I'm back. After a nearly 10 year break, I felt the itch again. I've come on and off for a day here and there, but I'm actively playing again, and honestly loving it. I'm especially enjoying seeing so many old faces back, and meeting so many great new RPers.
Dovesong

Post by Dovesong »

Metalien wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:26 pm Well, I'm back. After a nearly 10 year break, I felt the itch again. I've come on and off for a day here and there, but I'm actively playing again, and honestly loving it. I'm especially enjoying seeing so many old faces back, and meeting so many great new RPers.
You're ooooold. <3

hahah.
Metalien

Post by Metalien »

You're ooooold. <3

hahah.

Well, I'm not going to deny it, haha :lol:
Metalien

Post by Metalien »

Old as dirt.. Metalien Sikth and Jack Galenson. The original OG Grumpy Salandrans :D :lol:
Opustus

Post by Opustus »

Aww!
Galenson

Post by Galenson »

Metalien wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:06 am Image

Old as dirt.. Metalien Sikth and Jack Galenson. The original OG Grumpy Salandrans :D :lol:
I want my pillar back.
Plays:

- Lythikos - Red Wizard of Thay

Retired / Blue Moon Characters:

- Jack Galenson
- The Scholar
- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath - "The Twisting Witch"
Blightstrider

Post by Blightstrider »

Blightstrider wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:14 am I'll be departing from the server. Whether it's for good, or only temporary, I am not sure - I am never sure.

Peace all.
I lasted three months!

Will be around for Underdark shenanigans in the future.
Pinkhaml86

Post by Pinkhaml86 »

Apparently 3 months is the time frame for bye byes.

I'm back (ish) not as often as I was. About to have another baby. But I'll be around.

Yes goose, you where right.
Tempest Rayne - "a'lil 'ide an'seek luv?"
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Hey, I did a disappearing act a while ago. Just life got a little bumpy. I might logging IG sometimes, but can't get too involved in anything right now. :3 As I might do another disappearing act during Fall, just a lot going on. Am on holidays right now for two weeks so, I peek around. I think I left some stuff and people hanging... If you're one of those, let me know. And sorry about that. :) Unfortunately, I don't really remember what.... I left hanging. <.<
Dovesong

Post by Dovesong »

Tempurian wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:22 am Hey, I did a disappearing act a while ago. Just life got a little bumpy. I might logging IG sometimes, but can't get too involved in anything right now. :3 As I might do another disappearing act during Fall, just a lot going on. Am on holidays right now for two weeks so, I peek around. I think I left some stuff and people hanging... If you're one of those, let me know. And sorry about that. :) Unfortunately, I don't really remember what.... I left hanging. <.<
I dunno who you played but I am 100% in the same boat. Take it easy when you can and take care of you!!
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

I'm still alive.

Honestly, looking at Amia now just makes me sad. Most people I knew have given up on it and theres basically just a skeleton crew left. Mav seems to be the only dev, there's only meetings scheduled for events, Nobody even donates anymore it seems. This place had the most dedicated nerds behind it that I've ever seen, and seeing that completely shattered is just sad.

But oh well, if anyone wonders, I've been on a weird ass self improvement trip. Been hitting the gym and basically started admiring myself in the mirror like the narcissist I am, started working on cars again and bought myself a mark 1 Miata, all in all just using all the free time that the loss of Amia brought me for normie shit. Also started skating again, at 27 years old, call that a quarter life crisis.

Dunno what point I'm trying to make. I guess the typical "Look how good I've been doing" - Nonsense. Shout-out to the folks who played with ol' Peggy if those are still active, miss you guys. And yes, that includes all of you losers.
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

It's been a fun ride returning this year thanks for having me and letting me experiment :)

Amia has long been a valued space for me off and on throughout the years

Weird self improvement trip sounds like a nice journey maybe I'll consider this personally <3
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

That was a nice trip ;)

I'm back-ish? At least Sam is back- who knows about my other personalities :D

Happy New Year Amia! <3
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Hola! I have not been around much lately, nor do I see myself around anytime soon. Amia is a great and wonderful server that I have enjoyed being a part of for over a decade, and I want to say thank you all for the wonderous Rp! Thank you to the Dm Team and Dev's over the time! You all rock. Best wishes and take care Folks!
ZoltanTheRed

Post by ZoltanTheRed »

IKoI wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:20 am Hola! I have not been around much lately, nor do I see myself around anytime soon. Amia is a great and wonderful server that I have enjoyed being a part of for over a decade, and I want to say thank you all for the wonderous Rp! Thank you to the Dm Team and Dev's over the time! You all rock. Best wishes and take care Folks!
Hey man, don't be a stranger. If you ever wanna play some Valheim or Project Zomboid there are some Amians that play those games.
Naivatkal

Post by Naivatkal »

Sometimes I miss this place. Much of the time I don't think of it at all. But when I do, it's usually with fond memories. But I don't think I will ever be back, even though I miss the realms. There's too much of a rift from when I left, and too many memories of our golden age. Sometimes the past should stay in the past, eh? But through it all, regardless of the memories that choose to surface when I think of Amia, I wish this place and everyone joining it to be full of life and happiness. I had many friends here, and some of them would probably still call me such as I would they.

I'm alive and well, I suppose. Life is just life. But if I'm being honest in this space, if just for once to people both known and unknown, I will take this time to say that my heart hurts. It shouldn't, and frankly I'm a terrible person, but it does. It yearns for someone it should not, and there is no moralistic reason for it. I'm flawed, like many, and I accept my flaws even if I begrudge them. I should be happy, yet I am not. Have not been for three years now. And I fear my heart will never be happy. The heart wants what it wants. It cares not for right nor wrong, for what should or should not be. And mine would swallow the Sun if it meant having what it desired. I lose my breath, scream silently at the world for allowing me to meet someone so beautiful yet forbidden. I hate it and yet I never want it to stop. For stopping would mean never meeting her, and that thought feels like Death itself.

I used to scoff at the word 'soulmates'.

I've rambled and made a fool of myself. Don't even know why I'm pushing 'Submit'. Perhaps it will be cathartic.

Farewell, and be safe everyone. In my own way, I love you all.
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

IKoI wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:20 am Hola! I have not been around much lately, nor do I see myself around anytime soon. Amia is a great and wonderful server that I have enjoyed being a part of for over a decade, and I want to say thank you all for the wonderous Rp! Thank you to the Dm Team and Dev's over the time! You all rock. Best wishes and take care Folks!
+1
Everblurred

Post by Everblurred »

PS Naiv- no fool made. :) Good to see your name!
TheImpregnableDerp

Post by TheImpregnableDerp »

nvm I'm back :shhh:
Last edited by TheImpregnableDerp on Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revak

Post by Revak »

Gonna bow out of Amia for a bit. I'll see you folks when I see you. Will still be on the Discord though.
Ania Viranirn - Alcoholic Elf
Azeriel Caerus - Servant of the Triad
T'riss'ace Reynolds - Xas!
WillDigForFood

Post by WillDigForFood »

Uh. I played Herial. I'm better at writing now, I swear.

Toying around with the idea of poppin' back in er'ry now and again - if I can ever figure out when people are playin'. Send help.
Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Naivatkal wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:22 am Sometimes I miss this place. Much of the time I don't think of it at all. But when I do, it's usually with fond memories. But I don't think I will ever be back, even though I miss the realms. There's too much of a rift from when I left, and too many memories of our golden age. Sometimes the past should stay in the past, eh? But through it all, regardless of the memories that choose to surface when I think of Amia, I wish this place and everyone joining it to be full of life and happiness. I had many friends here, and some of them would probably still call me such as I would they.

I'm alive and well, I suppose. Life is just life. But if I'm being honest in this space, if just for once to people both known and unknown, I will take this time to say that my heart hurts. It shouldn't, and frankly I'm a terrible person, but it does. It yearns for someone it should not, and there is no moralistic reason for it. I'm flawed, like many, and I accept my flaws even if I begrudge them. I should be happy, yet I am not. Have not been for three years now. And I fear my heart will never be happy. The heart wants what it wants. It cares not for right nor wrong, for what should or should not be. And mine would swallow the Sun if it meant having what it desired. I lose my breath, scream silently at the world for allowing me to meet someone so beautiful yet forbidden. I hate it and yet I never want it to stop. For stopping would mean never meeting her, and that thought feels like Death itself.

I've rambled and made a fool of myself. Don't even know why I'm pushing 'Submit'. Perhaps it will be cathartic.

Hang in there Naivatkal. The minute you least expect it, you'll find what you've been looking for.

- Mimiron (A.k.a Audrey Zinata/Miz'ri Ussen d'vhid)

I too miss this place, but I don't know if I can bring myself to ever come back for real. It's like a rock and a hard place. Love ya'll.
charles1810

Post by charles1810 »

Aw I miss Audrey. Had a blast with her with Belalad and than Jack.
ZoltanTheRed

Post by ZoltanTheRed »

Sigma wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 pm
Naivatkal wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:22 am Sometimes I miss this place. Much of the time I don't think of it at all. But when I do, it's usually with fond memories. But I don't think I will ever be back, even though I miss the realms. There's too much of a rift from when I left, and too many memories of our golden age. Sometimes the past should stay in the past, eh? But through it all, regardless of the memories that choose to surface when I think of Amia, I wish this place and everyone joining it to be full of life and happiness. I had many friends here, and some of them would probably still call me such as I would they.

Hang in there Naivatkal. The minute you least expect it, you'll find what you've been looking for.

- Mimiron (A.k.a Audrey Zinata/Miz'ri Ussen d'vhid)

I too miss this place, but I don't know if I can bring myself to ever come back for real. It's like a rock and a hard place. Love ya'll.
We love you, too. You did some good shit for the server. Take care of yourself.
rafaelmacgyver

Post by rafaelmacgyver »

RL is really not giving a break. I will be away for a while. Take care folks.
Wilfire Strongfeet (Tight pants)
Adela Griffonheart (Poke)
Hallvardr Erikson (Sexy Boy)
Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!
ZoltanTheRed

Post by ZoltanTheRed »

Naw. Forget it. I quit. Removed myself from all forum roles and the servers. People who know me know how to contact me.
Last edited by ZoltanTheRed on Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreatPigeon

Post by GreatPigeon »

<3
Freaxxshow

Post by Freaxxshow »

I'm gonna be in Scotland for a bit less than two weeks starting next week, so I'm not gonna be around at all.
Tempurian

Post by Tempurian »

Hey! I'm sorry for having been a no show for weeeeeeks! Been crazy busy with work and related projects that have been going life and just have not had any creative energy.. or energy... after workdays. Seems to be calming down so I hopefully will have some time again to be around. Apologies to the players left hanging, I know there was mithral stuff.. so let me know if you need em.. Got em ready! And also apologies for the DM's who I had been chatting stuff with!

All the best,
Tempurian
Elorathall

Post by Elorathall »

Taking a break, as they say.
Login: OldManArchon
Playing: Aernoud, Kohlingen Exile
Karrados

Post by Karrados »

My online time will be a little bit sporadic in the near future as I am getting adjusted to a few things.
LeathanKayne

Post by LeathanKayne »

I've already said hello to a few of you. I'm hopefully, finally, back. So, hello!
The last few years have been hard. I was away because of an illness in the family that didn't end well.
What matters is I'm back ^.^
My anxiety is pretty bad these days. To save myself a lot of discomfort, I won't be coming back on any of my old characters for the foreseeable future. Maybe some day, but not yet. They also basically all require rebuilds, and that's a headache for another time xD
I apologize to anyone who was hoping I'd be returning on some of my previous favourite characters. I need to start fresh, and so I have with a new character.
Just keep an eye out for Amia's newest awkward tiefling. See yas inside, eh!
Zanthair

Post by Zanthair »

Hi
IKoI

Post by IKoI »

Peace out Folks. I know I have been a Ghost. Have Fun! =)
angelis96

Post by angelis96 »

Hello hello hello! I return after a 5(?) year hiatus! How is everyone?
Player Characters:
Arieme - The Blighter, former hand of Tarkuul
Jaiyne Doue - Major of Wiltun
Vnami - Drow Warlock
T0mc4t89

Post by T0mc4t89 »

Still around, just busy with irl stuff!
LeathanKayne

Post by LeathanKayne »

Many know already, but I'm struggling with some real life issues.
I'll spare the details but to say my hours will be significantly down in the server.
So not a bye exactly, but I won't be around as much for a while.
Long story short, getting used to new medication and dealing with an injury.

I'm going with keeping things simple for now, which is why I'm often on Zolarix who is uh... rather straight forward xD
As for my ongoing things with Xyndrisstra, that is more or less on pause. ICly it is explained as her leaving for an unknown amount of time to accomplish some unknown task. (I know what this is already.)
I may make some IC posts to account for certain things while I'm semi-away.

I apologize to anyone who has asked things of me and feel like I've gone radio silent.
I may have legitimately forgotten, and I'm having problems keeping my attention on things.
So feel free to remind me, and if I can't deal with it now, I'll say so.

Thanks for understanding, peeps. I'll still see you in game :3